Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Vitamin C everyone!!!!!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 2:47 pm
It works well.
It can save lives.
So deary's
stock up on it!

Now let me tell you
Most hospitals will give a very hard time about giving vitc. you will need to fight HARD.
so dont let it get to that point.
Buy it now.
And start taking it before needing to be hopitalized.
once you feel the onset of the cold or flu,
Start taking 1000 mg every 10 to 15 min.
the more sick you are the more you need.
Your body gets rid of what it doesnt need (it will come out in the bathroom)
so dont worry about overdosing.
Get a good quality vit c that is easy to absorb. a capsule is better than a tablet.

Good Luck!

amother
Ruby

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 4:49 pm
Great post! Everyone please stock up on vitamin C and D3 for the sake of your immune system, and ask Hashem that these be a vessel for the brachah of health.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 6:30 pm
According to mayo clinic
most people will recover.
its the elderly and immune compromised that we are nervous about.
so tell those close to you about vit c and make sure your vit d levels are high enough take 5000 iu a day

blessedflower

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 6:45 pm
To much vitamin c is not healthy for the kidneys

walkingalong

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 8:04 pm
The Mayo Clinic has clear outlines of what can happen with too much Vit C:

While vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is an essential nutrient, it's possible to have too much of it.

Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that supports normal growth and development and helps your body absorb iron. Because your body doesn't produce or store vitamin C, it's important to include vitamin C in your diet. For most people, an orange or a cup of strawberries, chopped red pepper, or broccoli provides enough vitamin C for the day.

For adults, the recommended daily amount for vitamin C is 65 to 90 milligrams (mg) a day, and the upper limit is 2,000 mg a day. Although too much dietary vitamin C is unlikely to be harmful, megadoses of vitamin C supplements might cause:

Diarrhea
Nausea
Vomiting
Heartburn
Abdominal cramps
Headache
Insomnia
Remember, for most people, a healthy diet provides an adequate amount of vitamin C.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/hea.....58030

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 8:10 pm
walkingalong wrote:
The Mayo Clinic has clear outlines of what can happen with too much Vit C:

While vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is an essential nutrient, it's possible to have too much of it.

Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that supports normal growth and development and helps your body absorb iron. Because your body doesn't produce or store vitamin C, it's important to include vitamin C in your diet. For most people, an orange or a cup of strawberries, chopped red pepper, or broccoli provides enough vitamin C for the day.

For adults, the recommended daily amount for vitamin C is 65 to 90 milligrams (mg) a day, and the upper limit is 2,000 mg a day. Although too much dietary vitamin C is unlikely to be harmful, megadoses of vitamin C supplements might cause:

Diarrhea
Nausea
Vomiting
Heartburn
Abdominal cramps
Headache
Insomnia
Remember, for most people, a healthy diet provides an adequate amount of vitamin C.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/hea.....58030

None of these symptoms compare to pneumoinia, bronchitis, or chv death as a result of corona. Please.

chmom

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 8:13 pm
No studies have ever shown Vitamin C to help with infections
None whatsoever

southernbubby

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 8:57 pm
I am not a huge fan of alternative medicine but I got a grocery store handout magazine called The Front Page and a chiropractor named Dr Aharon Faiman wrote an article (page 40) with many practical and some less practical ways to prevent or deal with viral illnesses. Call 845-517-2766 and ask about this article in volume 16 issue 27 unless you live in Monsey and are not afraid to grocery shop.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 8:59 pm
Vitamin C as sodium ascorbate powder helps clear and thin mucus in respiratory infections.
Vitamin d3 and A fights illness.
Elderberry and zinc fights flu-like viruses.
Fresh garlic is antiviral.

amother
Teal

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 9:09 pm
I’m not exactly sure why
But I’ve heard that taking vitamin c with sugar is useless so those drink powders and chewables are no good.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 9:13 pm
supplemental vitamins are not absorbed as well as food. Just plants, people, only good side effects there! Making yourself a fruit/veggie smoothie every morning, a huge salad with a rainbow of colors for lunch, and roasted or cooked vegetables as part of your dinner, and snacking on nuts, seeds, beans and fruit is a LOT better for your overall health than taking supplements. The only supplement I suggest is vitamin D3 and probiotics, which is difficult to get from food. But C? that's in literally every fruit and vegetable!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 9:20 pm
chmom wrote:
No studies have ever shown Vitamin C to help with infections
None whatsoever
What???

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28353648

daagahminayin

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 9:29 pm
I highly recommend Lypo-spheric Vitamin C - available on Amazon. It uses lyposomal encapsulation technology to help your body absorb much more than a typical pill or capsule. I take it whenever I feel like I’m getting sick and BH it turns things around. At the moment I’m taking it every day to boost my immune system.

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 9:31 pm
daagahminayin wrote:
I highly recommend Lypo-spheric Vitamin C - available on Amazon. It uses lyposomal encapsulation technology to help your body absorb much more than a typical pill or capsule. I take it whenever I feel like I’m getting sick and BH it turns things around. At the moment I’m taking it every day to boost my immune system.

Link please.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 9:31 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
supplemental vitamins are not absorbed as well as food. Just plants, people, only good side effects there! Making yourself a fruit/veggie smoothie every morning, a huge salad with a rainbow of colors for lunch, and roasted or cooked vegetables as part of your dinner, and snacking on nuts, seeds, beans and fruit is a LOT better for your overall health than taking supplements. The only supplement I suggest is vitamin D3 and probiotics, which is difficult to get from food. But C? that's in literally every fruit and vegetable!
Food sources can be very nutrient depleted due to overfarming. Also, sometimes megadoses are needed for fighting infections and it's not possible or practical to get it all from diet.

amother
Peach

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 10:19 pm
Don't go overboard.
I find that over 2000 mg a day gives me leg cramps.

daagahminayin

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 10:23 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Link please.

Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C, 1,000 mg... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000.....share

Sorry looks like the one I ordered is now out of stock but maybe you can find something similar.

Seeking Peace

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 10:26 pm
high vitamin c can be dangerous in pregnancy- please exercise caution

chmom

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 10:26 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
What???

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28353648

148 Animal studies??
And two old human studies of questionable value.

itsmeima

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 10:27 pm
I highly recommend washing your hands with soap and staying home. I hear it works wonders!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics