Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Corona and mental health

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 6:17 pm
Everyone here seems to be worried about the physical aspects of this illness.
I have been scared out of my mind about the mental side of things.
We are in Israel and have just been told that tomorrow my husband will not be going back to work. He will be working from home for the foreseeable future. Kids are at home too. I am a SAHM.
My husband usually goes to the gym 4 times a week. And not just for physical health. Its really for his mental health. He has depression and complex ptsd. I am so scared how things are going to turn out with him not being able to go to the gym (he already got an sms saying that the gym is closed until further notice) When he doesnt get to the gym after even three days, things get hairy and he looses it way more than when he goes and is able to regulate his emotions with the help of exercise and how that helps him. I already told him that he has to do something every day, take a long walk or run or bike for a while every day, but I am really nervous about how our marriage will weather the storm and how he will be as a father. it is going to be difficult, I know this much.

Anyone else worried about this side of things? This is what is scaring me the most.

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 8:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Everyone here seems to be worried about the physical aspects of this illness.
I have been scared out of my mind about the mental side of things.
We are in Israel and have just been told that tomorrow my husband will not be going back to work. He will be working from home for the foreseeable future. Kids are at home too. I am a SAHM.
My husband usually goes to the gym 4 times a week. And not just for physical health. Its really for his mental health. He has depression and complex ptsd. I am so scared how things are going to turn out with him not being able to go to the gym (he already got an sms saying that the gym is closed until further notice) When he doesnt get to the gym after even three days, things get hairy and he looses it way more than when he goes and is able to regulate his emotions with the help of exercise and how that helps him. I already told him that he has to do something every day, take a long walk or run or bike for a while every day, but I am really nervous about how our marriage will weather the storm and how he will be as a father. it is going to be difficult, I know this much.

Anyone else worried about this side of things? This is what is scaring me the most.

https://youtu.be/fMZQU8za8zc

amother
Yellow

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 9:30 pm
https://www.virusanxiety.com/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics