Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Who thinks it's a matter of time? Italians warn
Previous  1  2

mirror

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:48 pm
The public schools aren't closing and the kids are the greatest source of infection. For some reason they can pass it from one person to the next and never feel any symptoms. What's the point of a lockdown if we don't close the public schools?

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just don't see it working very well in the countries that have been on lockdown. I mean I suppose we won't know for sure but I personally think it's a waste of time and the economy is really suffering. Here in the uk they are planning to ban gatherings of over 100 people, but not close schools at the moment. Anyone with any slight symptom has to self quarantine for at least 7 days.
These measures make more sense to me than closing down whole cities. Elderly and vulnerable people have also been told to stay indoors. Whether they listen or not who knows.

Anyone with me?

The UK are taking a risky experiment on trying to build herd immunity and therefore are only enforcing measures very slowly and not banning flights from infected countries. Many leading scientists think they are mad.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 2:35 pm
mirror wrote:
The public schools aren't closing and the kids are the greatest source of infection. For some reason they can pass it from one person to the next and never feel any symptoms. What's the point of a lockdown if we don't close the public schools?

Attendance was very low last week and is expected to be way lower this week even if they don't close. The mayor in nyc top advisors do not agree with him. You can do your own duty as a good community member without an authority figure telling.you to.

Growing

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 2:42 pm
In a democracy like the US the constitutional power to quarantine are divided between the Federal and State government. It's not so simple

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 2:47 pm
carnation wrote:
I wonder how the people in Teaneck think now. Don't you think "I wish everyone quarantined 3 weeks ago"?

Earlier lock downs would avoid the virus in the area all together.

Which leads me to think: why doesn't EVERYONE self quarantine right now?

Thankfully it’s not too bad yet. At least I’m with my entire family. And we can go out just not anywhere specific. So walks are fine. Being in the yard is fine.

Food worries are here mostly I think because pesach is around the corner. I think though that every community is feeling that worry. But the RCBC is doing an amazing job organizing everything. Makes me proud to live somewhere with such a strong sense of community.

Gut

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 3:05 pm
In france, switzerland, germany ect they closed all schools and public life. Germany closed all his borders. So yes it is just a matter of time

Last edited by Gut on Sun, Mar 15 2020, 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

elisheva25

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 3:05 pm
How many cases does Teaneck have ? Why the lockdown?

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 5:12 pm
elisheva25 wrote:
How many cases does Teaneck have ? Why the lockdown?

I think we were up to 18. But also we are the hotspot in the county.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/new.....6972/
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics