Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Newborn

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 10:26 pm
Just venting. I know everyone else is also affected but I don't know anyone in my exact situation so I'd love support.
I have a newborn chasdei Hashem. That means I'm now scared to go anywhere. I have a postpartum appointment, dermatologist appointment, dr appointments for my other kids, grocery shopping (in my town, you need to order 2 days in advance to get your items delivered but sometimes I cant be That organized with a newborn around!) etc but I'm scared to take the baby along and I have no place to leave her- no trusted babysitter or available family. Also, I'm on maternity leave and the only thing keeping me sane is the ability to sleep while the baby sleeps while the kids are in school. If schools in my area close... in scared to even voice what I'm thinking.
I need to bring my kids to get fitted for shoes for yom tov and a Simcha, and clothing too.
I'm feeling rather overwhelmed!

Tzutzie

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 10:38 pm
Did your kids school close already?
It is a hard hard position to be in. Mazal tov to your new baby and lots of hugs!!!!
What can you drop?
Can your kids go with their old shoes and clothes?
The only thing you absolutely need is food, water, detergents and diapers n wipes.

Can you let the rest slide?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 10:58 pm
In same situation but my kids school closed already. Can't get pesach done, and recover, and take care of baby and kids.
Help!
My kids won't all get new shoes for Pesach this year. I couldn't run out to stock up on all those things everyone bought out. I pushed off appointments until after Pesach (but you do have to go to your postpartum, don's skip it).

Just One

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 11:22 pm
If your main worry is about baby catching the virus you should worry more about yourself. Zero fatalities under age 9. Includes newborns. Babies are not at risk from this virus. Not to say don't be careful with good hygenic practices etc but don't put your life on hold more than mandated

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:21 am
You should definitely be more concerned about yourself. You are immunocompromised. I caught the flu 2.5 weeks postpartum and ended up in septic shock - my kidneys shut down and my liver was shutting down. I almost died. Please stay home and let others do the errands. The rest of your family should be seriously limiting their exposure.

trixx

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just venting. I know everyone else is also affected but I don't know anyone in my exact situation so I'd love support.
I have a newborn chasdei Hashem. That means I'm now scared to go anywhere. I have a postpartum appointment, dermatologist appointment, dr appointments for my other kids, grocery shopping (in my town, you need to order 2 days in advance to get your items delivered but sometimes I cant be That organized with a newborn around!) etc but I'm scared to take the baby along and I have no place to leave her- no trusted babysitter or available family. Also, I'm on maternity leave and the only thing keeping me sane is the ability to sleep while the baby sleeps while the kids are in school. If schools in my area close... in scared to even voice what I'm thinking.
I need to bring my kids to get fitted for shoes for yom tov and a Simcha, and clothing too.
I'm feeling rather overwhelmed!

Honestly.. None of this is important. Except the groceries.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics