Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Why not quarantine seminary girls

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 7:58 am
I heard a lot of a seminary girls
Are Coming back today. Why aren’t they going to be placed in quarantine? They’ve been
Exposed in Israel .....

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:05 am
DD is flying from Israel (where they have under 200 cases) to NY where there’s closer to 500. She’s flying from a lower to higher risk area why does it make sense to quarantine her?

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I heard a lot of a seminary girls
Are Coming back today. Why aren’t they going to be placed in quarantine? They’ve been
Exposed in Israel .....

I would think Israel is much safer. Ny has 600+ cases. The entire Israel has 200

DrMom

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:13 am
Does the US have a policy of quarantining people who arrive from abroad? If not, why would seminary girls be quarantined?

The current epicenter of coronavirus is Europe (particularly Italy and Spain). If the US is not quarantining people coming in from those countries (I think they should...), why would they do so for Israel?

You make it sound as if Israel is some hotbed for the virus; it is not. NYC is far worse.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:16 am
Israel is taking very extreme measures to control the spread of covid-19, which gives the impression that we are in a serious condition. The opposite is true, and because of those extreme measures we still have a low incidence.

The 200th case was confirmed this afternoon. Two people are in serious condition in hospital. Approximately twenty are in moderate condition, also being cared for in hospital. The vast majority are mild cases and are receiving treatment at home. There seems to be some success with anti-viral drugs, and so far no one in Israel has died of it.

Due to the careful contact tracking, the seminary girls will know if they have been exposed and need to be in quarantine (in which case they shouldn't be flying anyway). There is no need for a blanket requirement for quarantine unless the government demands it.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:00 am
It's actually making me nervous that so many people are flying in from Israel now. They should really be staying home for 2 weeks after they land.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:05 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
It's actually making me nervous that so many people are flying in from Israel now. They should really be staying home for 2 weeks after they land.

Why? You are more of a risk to them if you are shopping in NY.
Israel has this way more under control.
I think this is an example of the irrational fear going on now.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:08 am
My neighbor teaches in a BT seminary. They designated one apartment for quarantine if it will be needed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics