Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Well done antivaxxers
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 11:05 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
A vaccine is nothing. If It’s G-d’s will for someone to be healthy or sick , they will be.

are you copy pasting my posts from the other thread titled coronavirus and exposure? lol

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 11:18 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
Right, so aren’t you glad we have vaccines to prevent against those illnesses?

No. Because look how lost the world is right now, when it cannot rely on a holy vaccine. Many decision are being made based on public panic and pressure, or other political reasons rather than logical considerations.
Much of what is being done now is bringing irreparable damage to the economy, and these rules and regulations aren't necessarily being advised by knowledgeable doctors and health experts.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 12:05 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
No. Because look how lost the world is right now, when it cannot rely on a holy vaccine. Many decision are being made based on public panic and pressure, or other political reasons rather than logical considerations.
Much of what is being done now is bringing irreparable damage to the economy, and these rules and regulations aren't necessarily being advised by knowledgeable doctors and health experts.

Everything about this post is just wrong.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 12:14 am

The only experience that anyone has with this virus indicates that only completely shutting down society slows the transmission of the virus. Which widely recognized doctors feel that ignoring the virus for the sake of the economy is the correct approach? How many say that a vaccine should not be developed or that this virus is beneficial or should be a rite of passage of childhood?
I am sure that in the alternative medicine world, they are working like the Dickens to cure COVID 19 with homeopathy but the homeopathic practitioners are not going into inner city hospitals and putting their own lives on the line.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 12:15 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Everything about this post is just wrong.

Exactly

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 12:18 am
southernbubby wrote:
The only experience that anyone has with this virus indicates that only completely shutting down society slows the transmission of the virus. Which widely recognized doctors feel that ignoring the virus for the sake of the economy is the correct approach? How many say that a vaccine should not be developed or that this virus is beneficial or should be a rite of passage of childhood?
I am sure that in the alternative medicine world, they are working like the Dickens to cure COVID 19 with homeopathy but the homeopathic practitioners are not going into inner city hospitals and putting their own lives on the line.

All I know is if the Anti-Vaxxer's are snickering, they aren't acknowledging that their families have benefited from the vaccination programs.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 12:21 am
All I know is if the Anti-Vaxxer's are snickering, they aren't acknowledging that their families have benefited from the vaccination programs.

The best is yet to come when they continue to catch Corona virus while those of us who take the vaccine enjoy our good health.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 12:32 am
southernbubby wrote:
The best is yet to come when they continue to catch Corona virus while those of us who take the vaccine enjoy our good health.

Exactly. Because all those who take the flu shot are in perfect health while all those who don't are laid up in the NICU.
Nice blessing, BTW.
And very sensible, considering that emerging evidence shows this is not the type of disease one becomes immune to.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 12:53 am
Exactly. Because all those who take the flu shot are in perfect health while all those who don't are laid up in the NICU.
Nice blessing, BTW.
And very sensible, considering that emerging evidence shows this is not the type of disease one becomes immune to.

Are you suggesting that the all the work towards a vaccine is for not?

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 12:56 am
Nice blessing, BTW.

I would imagine that the vaccine for COVID 19 infers immunity. My flu shot actually worked and I didn't catch the flu. The flu does kill many people and often they didn't get a flu shot.
I am not wishing bad on anyone but if a vaccine protects the public from an illness, those who are not protected could catch the illness.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 12:57 am

That's what it sounds like.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 1:01 am
southernbubby wrote:
I would imagine that the vaccine for COVID 19 infers immunity. My flu shot actually worked and I didn't catch the flu. The flu does kill many people and often they didn't get a flu shot.
I am not wishing bad on anyone but if a vaccine protects the public from an illness, those who are not protected could catch the illness.

This is good news - if the anti-vaxx community doesn't think that catching COVID-19 gives children life time immunity then perhaps "COVID-19" parties won't be recommended.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 1:06 am

It may very well be for covid19. Israel is in a race to be the first one to develop a vaccine, other countries are working on treatment/medication. The fact that covid19 is no guarantee of immunity is emerging news. However, Israel isn't backing down. They claim that what they are developing is a prototype of sorts that may, in the future, be adapted for new outbreaks completely unrelated to covid19, for diseases that do allow for immunity.
So, is it for naught for covid19? Very possibly. Is it for naught in the greater scheme of things? We won't know that for a long time.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 1:36 am
It may very well be for covid19. Israel is in a race to be the first one to develop a vaccine, other countries are working on treatment/medication. The fact that covid19 is no guarantee of immunity is emerging news. However, Israel isn't backing down. They claim that what they are developing is a prototype of sorts that may, in the future, be adapted for new outbreaks completely unrelated to covid19, for diseases that do allow for immunity.
So, is it for naught for covid19? Very possibly. Is it for naught in the greater scheme of things? We won't know that for a long time.

There are vaccines ready for trial now.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 6:25 am
England apparently wants to create herd immunity by allowing all the young and healthy people to catch it while trying to shield the old and sick.
Anyone know anything about this?

tryinghard

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 6:49 am
southernbubby wrote:
England apparently wants to create herd immunity by allowing all the young and healthy people to catch it while trying to shield the old and sick.
Anyone know anything about this?

I read about this. Seems pretty foolish to me: while mortality rates are worse among the elderly, there are young people with no underlying health issues dying as well.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:19 am

If anything, It’s good for anti vaxxers that everyone else vaccinates.
Much better, because of herd immunity.
So not a good idea to convince the world not to vaccinate. Just there should be tolerance for those who choose not to.
That no one should be coerced to.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:41 am
southernbubby wrote:

My not getting a flu shot also worked, I didn't catch the flu. LOL

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:14 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
My not getting a flu shot also worked, I didn't catch the flu. LOL

Same

lilies

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:48 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
A vaccine is nothing. If It’s G-d’s will for someone to be healthy or sick , they will be.

A job is nothing. If it's His will for someone to be hungry or satiated, they will be.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics