Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Well done antivaxxers
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:59 am
lilies wrote:
Obviously it's apikorsus to believe a vaccine is the way to go. Don't you believe in H'? Why live in a house? Don't you believe H' can send you shelter? Like the 'ananei hakavod'? Why go to the grocery? He can send you 'mann' too.

Live in a house, go to the grocery, get your vaccine or vitamin d or whatever, but don’t give the house, grocery , vaccine so much power and credit to the point where you believe that is going to be the thing that will protect you. The way people fight about vaccines is ridiculous as if your fate depends on it.

The first commandment : Anochi Hashem Elokecha.
Vaccines have no power. A new disease can develop, kill everybody out and all the vaccines are garbage so no need to be so extreme and passionate about them.

lilies

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:02 am
Copper, why is it that if I don't agree with your thinking, and point out where you may be wrong, does it equal knocking you? Don't get that at all. Has anyone vaxing claimed to be knocked for vaxing by antivaxers and being silenced? This is an argument where no one needs to join. Why the victim mentality? I haven't kicked your kid out of school, y'know.

lilies

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:05 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Live in a house, go to the grocery, get your vaccine or vitamin d or whatever, but don’t give the house, grocery , vaccine so much power and credit to the point where you believe that is going to be the thing that will protect you. The way people fight about vaccines is ridiculous as if your fate depends on it.

The first commandment : Anochi Hashem Elokecha.
Vaccines have no power. A new disease can develop, kill everybody out and all the vaccines are garbage so no need to be so extreme and passionate about them.

Would you not think I'm ridiculous if I decide to camp out in a tent? Or walk around with summer clothing in the winter because if H' wants me to be warm He will make sure I am regardless of what I wear?
I hope you would.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:06 am
lilies wrote:
There is nothing inherently shameful about being antivax from the antivaxxers viewpoint, as you have many Rabbanim that support your decision and anyone that believes all the other Rabbanim must have had a bas kol tell them so.
Yet, I have yet to see any antivaxxer post under their sn. Or any of the Rabbanim actually give their support for antivaxxers publicly. Funny, isn't it?

How have I mocked? Or silenced? I'm just pointing out where I think there's baloney in your points. This is the place to do that. Go ahead and speak.

when you are an antivaxxer nobody listens to anything else you have to say even on other topics. you are put into a box as those crazy illogical selfish ppl so I wont use my sn same like many other posters dont for various other reasons. also I dont want to be outed so any time I post anything very specific about msylf such as location age or genders of kids I go amother and being antivax is pretty identifying too.
rabbanim have gotten all kinds of threats and damage to their reputation by going publicly antivax. if ppl would be more accepting they wouldnt need to hide . same like many other controversial issues where rabbanim will individually tell you what they think but wont go on record as saying it because of the ramifications it will have to them to continue doing thier jobs
its not funny at all if you would live our reality for one day, but there you go again commenting in a mocking way instead of genuinely asking the question you want to hear an answer for

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:09 am
lilies wrote:
Don't know why. Will try to leave again Very Happy

I think you should get to the core of what your purpose here is what youre trying to gain and your posts will be more on target. what are you trying to accomplish. im trying to get some acknowledgment from provaxxers that our mehalech has value even if you personally choose to do different

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:28 am
lilies wrote:
Would you not think I'm ridiculous if I decide to camp out in a tent? Or walk around with summer clothing in the winter because if H' wants me to be warm He will make sure I am regardless of what I wear?
I hope you would.

I would honestly not care. If you like living on the road or in a tent, in an RV (there are people that do that and like it and are fine). Go ahead and do it.
I didn’t say not to protect yourself in whichever you need to. I said stop being ridiculous to give as much credit to a vaccine like some people on here do. It’s nothing to get all worked up about. Go use that passion to do some Mitzvos.

lilies

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 1:43 pm
Did not mean to mock anyone or their views, I just don't understand them and thought by using extreme examples others would be able to explain themselves better. Do not mean to hurt anyone at all. I apologize for anyone I've hurt with these posts. I genuinely don't mind understanding and will gladly respectfully continue this conversation if anyone pm's me. Stay safe and healthy.

ora_43

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 2:01 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
when you are an antivaxxer nobody listens to anything else you have to say even on other topics.

People are allowed to judge you based on your opinions. It's not exactly a form of discrimination.

And a big part of the point of having screen names is that people can "know" posters and the way they think.

ora_43

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 2:09 pm
I think you should get to the core of what your purpose here is what youre trying to gain and your posts will be more on target. what are you trying to accomplish. im trying to get some acknowledgment from provaxxers that our mehalech has value even if you personally choose to do different

With apologies if this comes across as patronizing, it sounds like you're not quite understanding what being "pro vaccine" means.

Nobody is pro-vaccine because they think it's a fun lifestyle choice, or because they just enjoy watching their kids get poked by needles. There is exactly one reason to want vaccines: because you don't want to get sick, to allow your kids to get sick, or to make other people sick.

And once someone believes that, what are the odds they're going to see a different choice as legitimate? Be reasonable.

It's like saying, "I don't judge people who don't let their kids smoke, I just want them to agree that allowing kids to smoke is also valuable," or "I don't judge frum Jews for keeping kosher, I just want them to acknowledge that eating bacon is also a valid choice." The people you want validation from aren't going to see your path as valid by definition. This isn't liking rock music vs liking classical. The entire point of getting vaccinated is to not be unvaccinated.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 2:32 pm
bbhem5 wrote:
I'll refrain from commenting about anything else but please check your math!
20 out of 649 = 3.0%! Sounds scary and dangerous to me!

It is estimated that only 1-10% of the cases actually get reported. So if it was say 5% that gives us 12,980. 20 out of 12,980 is .15%.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 3:34 pm
im trying to get some acknowledgment from provaxxers that our mehalech has value even if you personally choose to do different

Are you succeeding?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics