Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Should I worry about packages from Amazon?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 5:01 pm
I just got a delivery from Amazon that I placed right before shabbos. I’ve read that corona can live on surfaces for 3 days. Would you worry about bringing packages into your home now? I haven’t seen anyone suggest that we leave packages in quarantine on our porches for three days!

mamma llama

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 5:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just got a delivery from Amazon that I placed right before shabbos. I’ve read that corona can live on surfaces for 3 days. Would you worry about bringing packages into your home now? I haven’t seen anyone suggest that we leave packages in quarantine on our porches for three days!

I don't think we can function like that. How would we go about buying our groceries? Think about how many people held that tomato to feel if it was ready before you bought it.
We should do our hishtadlus to protect ourselves, but we don't need to go to that extreme.

If you're really nervous, though, open your package tomorrow instead. Wink

carnation

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 5:10 pm
Information about this virus is still delayed. I suggest you use your own brain and not wait for recommendations.

If it's not too hard then I'd wait 4 days until I touch the package. Better safe than sorry.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 5:13 pm
it is a great question.
yes agree better than sorry
spray the boxes with lysol or bleach cleaner or some disinfectant cleaner
wait a day night who knows how long probably the longer the better depending upon what it is
if it is something I do not really need til later I'll put it away for a few weeks or longer

Amarante

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 5:15 pm
Open it, throw out the packaging and WASH YOUR HANDS.

When you get ANY package in the mail, it has "germs" of one kind or another so it would be good hygiene to do that whenever you handle something that is filthy. If I put a package on the counter or table, I wipe it down anyway because who knows where that package has been - this is pre Corona.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 6:55 pm
I let them sit
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics