Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How do you eat gummy bears?
1  2  Next

How do you eat gummy bears?
I bite the head first  
 24%  [ 40 ]
I eat the whole bear in 1 bite  
 21%  [ 35 ]
I don't eat them because I like my teeth  
 12%  [ 20 ]
I don't eat them for other reasons  
 25%  [ 42 ]
I never thought about it but now I will  
 15%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 163

mamma llama

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 7:37 pm
As I'm sure you can tell, I received many gummy bears in my mm this year...!
I'm curious to see how people eat their gummy bears.

I bite the head first. I'm not really sure why, but I'd like to believe it's because the head is smaller than the body and not that I'm a vicious gummy bear eater. Twisted Evil

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 7:40 pm
It's more humane to shecht it first.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 7:41 pm
Can we trade? I don’t like any of the candy we got. Gummy bears sound good right about now.

mamma llama

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 7:41 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
It's more humane to shecht it first.

I like that.

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 7:42 pm
Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.

mamma llama

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 7:43 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Can we trade? I don’t like any of the candy we got. Gummy bears sound good right about now.

Depends what kind of candy we're talking about... Wink

mamma llama

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 7:44 pm
Frumwithallergies wrote:
Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.

Literally. I bit the head off a red gummy bear and suddenly the thought occurred to me!

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 7:47 pm
mamma llama wrote:
Literally. I bit the head off a red gummy bear and suddenly the thought occurred to me!

I think I'm high on cleaning fumes.... now I have the maestro fresh west song in my head, all because of schechting gummy bears LOL

singleagain

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 7:49 pm
I either bite the head. Or eat the whole thing at once.

MiriFr

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:16 pm
Whole bear?!
No. Whole FAMILY at once.

MiriFr

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:17 pm
mamma llama wrote:
As I'm sure you can tell, I received many gummy bears in my mm this year...!
I'm curious to see how people eat their gummy bears.

I bite the head first. I'm not really sure why, but I'd like to believe it's because the head is smaller than the body and not that I'm a vicious gummy bear eater. Twisted Evil

I think it's because since the body is bigger, you can use it as a handle easier than the head

browniebar

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 10:27 pm
Squish a bunch together and take a deliciously chewy bite

pause

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 10:42 pm
Hmm.... This sounds like a real shaila for my Rav, similar to the one about how we are noheg in an elevator. See this thread. I called him to ask him this far-reaching question.

He replied like this:
If I am eating for hana'ah, I need to be kove'ah seudah on it and properly sit down to consume this ma'achal. I need to be mechaven before I make the bracha and say the yehi ratzon that I am eating l'hana'as gufi. Then when I actually eat it, I should make sure to eat a full k'baytza within the time of k'dai achilas pras.

If, OTOH, I am eating for the sake of my (emotional/mental) health, the manner of eating is less important, and even if I need to eat aiver min hachai by biting off its head first, if this is how I will feel better, it is l'chatchilla because chayecha kodmim. And I should indeed have in mind the yehi ratzon "sheniyhe l'rosh v'lo l'zanav."

Either way I should absolutely not eat the mother and the baby bear on the same day nor eat the whole package as that would constitue achilas gassah.

One more crucial point is that I should make sure to drink before I eat because if I eat, I would need to feed the bears first, but with drinking one isn't mechuyav to prioritize the animals.

As always, this is MY psak that I got from MY rav. If you have a shaila about what you should do, YOU must ask your OWN shaila from your LOR.

chipmunks

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:40 am
pause wrote:
Hmm.... This sounds like a real shaila for my Rav, similar to the one about how we are noheg in an elevator. See this thread. I called him to ask him this far-reaching question.

He replied like this:
If I am eating for hana'ah, I need to be kove'ah seudah on it and properly sit down to consume this ma'achal. I need to be mechaven before I make the bracha and say the yehi ratzon that I am eating l'hana'as gufi. Then when I actually eat it, I should make sure to eat a full k'baytza within the time of k'dai achilas pras.

If, OTOH, I am eating for the sake of my (emotional/mental) health, the manner of eating is less important, and even if I need to eat aiver min hachai by biting off its head first, if this is how I will feel better, it is l'chatchilla because chayecha kodmim. And I should indeed have in mind the yehi ratzon "sheniyhe l'rosh v'lo l'zanav."

Either way I should absolutely not eat the mother and the baby bear on the same day nor eat the whole package as that would constitue achilas gassah.

One more crucial point is that I should make sure to drink before I eat because if I eat, I would need to feed the bears first, but with drinking one isn't mechuyav to prioritize the animals.

As always, this is MY psak that I got from MY rav. If you have a shaila about what you should do, YOU must ask your OWN shaila from your LOR.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Thank you, you have no idea how much you just saved my day.

pause

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:44 am
chipmunks wrote:
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Thank you, you have no idea how much you just saved my day.

My pleasure!

Rappel

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:09 am
I suck on them until all the sugar coating is gone, then chew

InnerMe

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 2:39 pm
this is indeed a Very. Important. Question.

I shall now buy a package of gummy bears (Imamothers, please don't clear the gummy bears from the grocery shelves!) and then see how it is, that I consume it.

I shall keep in mind the halachos Pause mentioned even though her LOR is most certainly NOT my LOR. But I have to say I'm too embarrassed to ask such a very basic question from my Rav.

I know, I know I shouldn't be.
But it is what it is.

cbsp

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 12:40 am
I'm sorry. Please forgive me for posting this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=astISOttCQ0

Einikel

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 2:02 am
You don’t have an option for “I swallow them whole”

mamma llama

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 2:29 am
Einikel wrote:
You don’t have an option for “I swallow them whole”

I didn't want to give anybody ideas... You simply must to chew to get the full enjoyment out of the gummy goodness.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics