Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Shocked at Shoppers!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

gamanit

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 10:44 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Oish.
I think someone should open a Photoshop business for Yom Tov outfits on social media.

It's not just about the pictures though. People enjoy looking at their kids on Yom tov all dressed in nice new clothes.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 2:14 am
Don't know where you were but we were in Flatbush yesterday stores were not mobbed.
Took 2 dds to buy yomtov clothing. One is a kallah who will be getting married in June and the other is my teen dd who needs clothing for the simcha and doesn't fit into last year's clothing. Go ahead judge me.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 3:42 am
Because the government has not shut down non-essential businesses, those who are not quarantined have a legal right to enter a crowded store. They risk being exposed to the virus and quarantined at the busiest time of year but they chose the risk.
I am happy to hear that not everyone has had to strip the budget of any purchase they can live without at the moment. Some people are concerned about being able to pay rent while not being able to work and can't afford those high prices until the situation improves.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is the scene that greeted me today as I walked down the avenue passing by many shoe and clothing stores. The stores were mobbed with people doing their spring shopping. People were literally all over each other, touching the same clothes and shoes... Kids were all over the place, sitting on benches literally breathing onto each other. I just don’t get why are people not taking the quick spread of the virus seriously??!! Are the latest shoes and clothes more important?? Shouldn’t stores only allow a certain number of people in at a time??
(Yes I’m sure some kids outgrew their clothes and shoes just like my kids did, but not at the rate I saw today. I didn’t step foot into a single store.)

Maybe they plan to eat the clothes if they run out of food

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:06 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I know that some stores are going by 15 minute time slots and only 10 people allowed in at a time. Some stores are by appointment only.
I was at 3 groceries today, no crowds, no mobs, no lines, no empty shelves.

How do they enforce that? Do they have employees following each shopper with a stopwatch and then physically carrying them out when times up?

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:07 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I know that some stores are going by 15 minute time slots and only 10 people allowed in at a time. Some stores are by appointment only.
I was at 3 groceries today, no crowds, no mobs, no lines, no empty shelves.

Which stores are doing that?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:24 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
How do they enforce that? Do they have employees following each shopper with a stopwatch and then physically carrying them out when times up?

How do they enforce it?? Seriously??!! Don’t we all WANT to take the necessary measures to safe and healthy. Sorry, I don’t get your question... Let there be a buzzer.. let there be a doorman for all I care. Priorities are so screwed. Schools did not make the painful decision on to close so we can all cluster in stores to shop.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:25 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Maybe they plan to eat the clothes if they run out of food

LOL

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:28 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Don't know where you were but we were in Flatbush yesterday stores were not mobbed.
Took 2 dds to buy yomtov clothing. One is a kallah who will be getting married in June and the other is my teen dd who needs clothing for the simcha and doesn't fit into last year's clothing. Go ahead judge me.

Nobody is judging you. Everyone has to use their own common sense as to what is right for society at large at this moment and time. There are many asymptomatic people carrying the virus further & helping it spread. We need to exercise common sense and avoid crowding as much as possible!!

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How do they enforce it?? Seriously??!! Don’t we all WANT to take the necessary measures to safe and healthy. Sorry, I don’t get your question... Let there be a buzzer.. let there be a doorman for all I care. Priorities are so screwed. Schools did not make the painful decision on to close so we can all cluster in stores to shop.

There's security by the door.

Stars

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:49 am
lilies wrote:
My kid needs new shoes as old ones are too tight. Same for clothing as they grew.

Target.com has great shoes! For cheap! So do a million other websites. My poor poor kids, they won't have the fanciest latest fashion shoes for yt. They will have a less stressed out mom though.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:56 am
Stars wrote:
Target.com has great shoes! For cheap! So do a million other websites. My poor poor kids, they won't have the fanciest latest fashion shoes for yt. They will have a less stressed out mom though.

I placed an order at target last week, they keep pushing off the delivery date.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:23 am
The BP stores are mobbed!! A friend of mine works in a children's clothing store and said the place was a zoo - everybody on top of each other trying to get what they need
Bottom line - why are the schools closed? So the kids can go shopping and try on clothing that somebody just tried on, touched, coughed on, sneezed on.....? If kids are home from school, they should be HOME from school.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:04 am
Kidichic posted on Instagram they were limiting shoppers. I wonder if it’s true.

thriver

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:15 am
how about posting this on clothing stores’ doors?

“Buy new things now before, G-d forbid, needing to sit shiva for your children’s grandparents... “

Are people just oblivious and ignorant, or just selfish and dumb...

Cheiny

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:16 am
thriver wrote:
how about posting this on clothing stores’ doors?

“Buy new things now before, G-d forbid, needing to sit shiva for your children’s grandparents... “

Are people just oblivious and ignorant, or just selfish and dumb...

I think it’s very unhelpful to cause hysteria and more fear than there already is. That’s why people are buying out every store and causing shortages

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:19 am
It appears that stores that sell non-essentials (anything besides food and medication) might be forced to close by Wednesday. If this is true (what my sheital macher said about her wig shop and other stores) grab it now or live without it for awhile.

CPenzias

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:30 am
Why were you out?

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:32 am
southernbubby wrote:
It appears that stores that sell non-essentials (anything besides food and medication) might be forced to close by Wednesday. If this is true (what my sheital macher said about her wig shop and other stores) grab it now or live without it for awhile.

Where is this?

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:50 am
CPenzias wrote:
Why were you out?

Sheital appointment and bought matzahs.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics