Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can someone explain to me the new regulations (Israel)?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 4:58 pm
What affect will the new regulations have, in plain English?

Thanks!

banana123

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 5:03 pm
Gatherings of no more than ten people.
Don't go anywhere you don't need to go.
Don't take public transportation unless you must.
Schools are closed, from daycare to university.
All places of culture and entertainment are closed. Restaurants are allowed to do deliveries (I think).
Non-essential workplaces are closed.
Tourists should leave the country.
Those returning from abroad must quarantine themselves for 14 days, and there are guidelines on how to do it.
Those who came in contact with a confirmed coronavirus patient must quarantine themselves for 14 days, and follow those same guidelines.
Wash your hands with soap and water, often.
Don't hug, kiss, or shake hands.
Try to keep at least a meter between you and the next person, and preferably 2 meters between you.

What exactly are you looking for?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 5:12 pm
Thanks. So in what way is this different than what they announced on Motzei Shabbos?

I guess that's what I'm trying to understand.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 5:14 pm
Theres no new restrictions as of yet but hes planning to issue them soon

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 5:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. So in what way is this different than what they announced on Motzei Shabbos?

NOthing that was talked about tonight was about any kind of lock down. It was about finances and jobs and things like that.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 5:17 pm
I believe tonight he said all nonessential government workers would be sent home, at the expense of their vacation days.
I dont believe this will go over smoothly with workers' unions.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 5:25 pm
Will shops (eg. clothes stores) remain open?

Elfrida

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 5:27 pm
A lot of workers in the public sector are being required to.take annual leave until after Pesach. Also in the private sector.

Essential services such as health, welfare and banking will remain open. Supermarkets and pharmacies will remain open.

An aid package was announced to help small businesses and independent workers. Some of it consists of being able to delay payment of various bills, and a grant to help offset some of the losses. Details to be released over the next t few days, probably on the Misrad HaOtzar website.

He said that his is trying not to put the whole country in quarantine, though may do it locally if there are large local outbreaks. (Telzstone is a target - quarter of the yishuv is in quarantine due to a couple who toured a few different shuls on Purim, and they are thinking of putting the entire yishuv under seger.)

The relevent authorities have agreed to allow use of digital tracking of peoples movements - probably based on cell phone location. This is to identify those breaking quarantine, and to track recent movements of those newly diagnosed. It was authorized for thirty days only.

He reiterated that there will be no food shortage, including Pesach food.

There may be reductions in public transport, especially since most if the buses and trains s are half empty.

banana123

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 5:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

He didn't really specify new restrictions tonight, just said that there will be tracking and there may be local lockdowns, and more people may be asked to stay home.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 5:42 pm
He was mostly explaining the economic steps they are taking rather than setting out new regulations.

Studious

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 5:53 pm
One new restriction is that only 30% of employees in the private sector companies are allowed to come into work. Most of the employees in my firm will be working from home.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 6:44 pm
Studious wrote:
One new restriction is that only 30% of employees in the private sector companies are allowed to come into work. Most of the employees in my firm will be working from home.

My friend is a doctor, private practice with 8 employees. To comply with this rule, they need to lay off all the assistants, and the secretary. How does this help anyone?

Studious

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:39 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
My friend is a doctor, private practice with 8 employees. To comply with this rule, they need to lay off all the assistants, and the secretary. How does this help anyone?

This regulation does not apply to a place which employs fewer than 10 people.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics