Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
What's up with home based playgroups?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 6:22 pm
I have a playgroup in my house. It was pretty evident and self understood to me that if schools are closing, playgroups would be closed too!!
Now I hear that it's not the case. It doesn't include playgroups???? Because the governor did not include daycares? Can't Believe It
Where is the logic? Are we trying to stop the virus from spreading?
Why would I want to expose my entire family to my whole group's germs?
I know for a fact that some ppl are not being very careful! (parent attending a simcha with hundreds of ppl Banging head )
What did you hear?
Playgroup moros what will you do on Wednesday?
(I'm not even talking about the safety of taking care of a playgroup while having all kids home from school, that's for another debate!)

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 6:28 pm
I have a legal playgroup. I am grateful that we have clarity about what to do. I will be staying open as long as HKBH allows me to. Yes, I am worried, but I still also go to the grocery store and my husband still goes to work and my son will be returning from a dorm Wednesday so I am plenty exposed anyway. A few children did not come today but most did. Wishing you the best of health!

Sebastian

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 6:45 pm
my kid's playgroup is closing.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 6:49 pm
Kids get the most mild form of the virus. I dont think you have anything to worry about. Im sending until she closes.

Librarian

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:00 pm
Sebastian wrote:
my kid's playgroup is closing.

Where are you located?

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:03 pm
I'm sure if you want to close, none of the parents will be able to be upset.
Many playgroup morahs and babysitters are still unsure of what to do, but every parent would understand if they close.
Some do want to stay open, as there are many who aren't concerned with sending out their child, and especially for those working from home, it is a huge help.
And I'm sure these morahs won't mind getting a paycheck before Pesach.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:12 pm
They may not be upset, but I want to do the right thing. I was paid for the month. If I would have been ordered closed I would have been relieved but they specifically left playgroups and day care open. Parents are not allowed to send if anyone in the household has to be under quarantine. May HKBH keep us all well, safe and sound.

nechamashifra

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:20 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Kids get the most mild form of the virus. I dont think you have anything to worry about. Im sending until she closes.

The whole point is to keep the virus from spreading. Most people (especially kids) will get a very mild form of the virus, and some no symptoms at all. Schools have not shut down to protect kids, but to stop the disease from spreading and save the lives of those who are vulnerable.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:23 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:

I'm not worried about little kids getting it , I'm worried about little kids passing it on to other people!
I'm worried about a kid getting a mild case so it would take more time to realize the kid is sick!(but just as contagious!!)
They put everything in their mouths, it's not possible to disinfect every single toy even if I tried!!
Also they're little and they nap all over the house( including our bedrooms!)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:28 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
They may not be upset, but I want to do the right thing. I was paid for the month. If I would have been ordered closed I would have been relieved but they specifically left playgroups and day care open. Parents are not allowed to send if anyone in the household has to be under quarantine. May HKBH keep us all well, safe and sound.

We all want to do the right thing! I don't understand the logic of closing schools and leaving daycares and playgroups open!
What exactly are we accomplishing?

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:33 pm
The kids in my group are older - 3 and 4 year olds but I do agree it is pretty much impossible to really keep the room and toys properly sanitized. But if I and my family are out and about I feel that I am equally exposed. As far as the children spreading it to each other and then to their households, I guess the parents that do send think along the same lines. Perhaps we should all quarantine but so far we have been told to stay open if we can.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We all want to do the right thing! I don't understand the logic of closing schools and leaving daycares and playgroups open!
What exactly are we accomplishing?

You are probably right. I don't get it either. But I will stay open as long as I may bezras H-shem.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:49 pm
Parents are not allowed to send if anyone in the household has to be under quarantine. May HKBH keep us all well, safe and sound.

That is NOT the opinion on Dr. Shanik. If someone is quarantined and not showing symptoms, the remaining family members may go about regular daily life

itsmeima

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:52 pm
I have a legal playgroup. I am grateful that we have clarity about what to do. I will be staying open as long as HKBH allows me to. Yes, I am worried, but I still also go to the grocery store and my husband still goes to work and my son will be returning from a dorm Wednesday so I am plenty exposed anyway. A few children did not come today but most did. Wishing you the best of health!

How will you know when He doesn't...?

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:52 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
That is NOT the opinion on Dr. Shanik. If someone is quarantined and not showing symptoms, the remaining family members may go about regular daily life

I don't care about Dr. Shanik's opinion. We got a letter from the OCFS to give to parents with the rules and regulations regarding Covid-19. There is also a sign posted on the entrance to my playgroup. And that is the regulation.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:54 pm
itsmeima wrote:
How will you know when He doesn't...?

Al tiftach peh l'soton. But you can use your imagination I am sure. And also, they may soon decide to close us down too, anyway. This is a very fluid situation.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:16 pm
If or rather, when my kids will stay home from school, I am definitely not bringing them to any public places like grocery stores!!
We all have to use our seichel even without being told "we're being quarantined"!!
If gyms are closed and minyanim are held outdoors, it makes sense to limit all contacts in the community!

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:26 pm
nechamashifra wrote:
The whole point is to keep the virus from spreading. Most people (especially kids) will get a very mild form of the virus, and some no symptoms at all. Schools have not shut down to protect kids, but to stop the disease from spreading and save the lives of those who are vulnerable.

Thank you for saying this so clearly. Why aren't people understanding this?! It's not about your own kid being very sick it's about the way they can spread it!

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:35 pm
My child’s morah is staying open. She has no little kids. I think she feels guilty closing because she was paid and she really wants them to learn about pesach. She said the guidelines are very clear that legally she can.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:39 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Thank you for saying this so clearly. Why aren't people understanding this?! It's not about your own kid being very sick it's about the way they can spread it!

So talk to the governor. The executive order was very clear that facilities that are for preschool or daycares only can stay open. If this is now the law, not only can she stay open but she should because parents paid. Both legally and halachically. She can only close if she's ordered to.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries