Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Please cheer me up, need chizzuk
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:38 pm
Not sick enough to go to ER b"h but my spirit can use a lift. Who can be mevaker cholah virtually? Tell me stories of those middle ages 30-60, not teen/ young, not elder/senior , who have had symptoms and recovered, I can't look online at it, its mixed with too much hysteria and scare-mongering. Dont feel well enough to clean house, no mask available. Shut in my room. House flying and germ ridden Sad

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:43 pm
Oh no feel better

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:44 pm
My 32 year old son, who lives in CH, has symptoms, (fever and fatigue). One of his kids had fever yesterday. The child is better but my son has a lot of fatigue. He has no reason to leave the apartment and get tested since he is not able to leave anyway. His wife had a stomach bug on Friday but seems fine now but the rest of the family is now exposed to whatever this is.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:44 pm
The chances of you dying is less then 1%. Please calm down.
This hysteria is not good for anyone.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:51 pm
Over 30, I have fever, cough and fatigue. I'm pregnant. Dr said not to go to to ER to get tested there are more germs there. Just stay home and rest.
My fever is going down, barely have any at this point.
Lots of handwashing and sanitizing. I'm not worried.
Keeping my kids home (they're all big), even though school didn't close yet, so they don't bring home more germs.
If you're otherwise healthy there's no reason to be scared. You'll be fine!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:51 pm
You don't have to go to the ER. Head to an urgent care center. They are set up outdoors administering tests. You'll feel relieved when you get the test back in 72 hours and won't have to wonder anymore. Hopefully it's just the common cold.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:59 pm
YOU MUST CALL BEFORE YOU GO TO ANY HOSPITAL, DOCTOR, or URGENT CARE.

Do not just show up. It is not fair to anyone.

Refuah Shelemah.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:30 pm
I'm 54, and have several chronic illnesses. Basically, I feel rotten even on a good day, so that's my baseline.

Then I got a sore throat, a fever, and a dry cough. That turned into massive exhaustion and weakness, a very nasty cough with green goop, and sinus problems. That's finally clearing up, B'H.

I'm still feeling weak, but this is the first day that I'm not hacking coughing, and I can breathe through my nose again.

It's been a little over 3 weeks now. At this point I'm just trying to rest enough and eat good food so I can regain as much strength as I can.

Over all, I'm feeling about 80% better. I hope this cheers you up.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:37 pm
I'm from Crown Heights, I lost count of how many people I know who have symptoms. Like southernbubby said, the stomach bug is going around too so my husband had that and my kids all have coronavirus symptoms. It's a bit crazy here with everyone sick but I'm not worried, everyone is otherwise healthy so we'll pull through this. My co worker had it before Purim and she's already totally back to herself and coming to work tomorrow

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:40 pm
Wow. That is rough. Hopefully it’ll pass quickly and you can get on with normal life. Meanwhile, is there anything purposeful that you can do from bed?

sneakermom

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:47 pm
This too shall pass!

I have symptoms too. I’m in my early forties. I’m not afraid.

I am resting, eating lots of fresh garlick and red onion and fresh squeezed lemon, grapefruit and oranges.

I’m taking vitamin d and drinking lots of hot tea.

We can do this!!

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:51 pm
Just wondering if all of you got tested or not, and if not why?
If just for the sake of accuracy in the statistics isn’t it worth it?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:52 pm
doodlesmom wrote:

They aren't testing here, they just said everyone should stay home and treat it like a regular virus

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not sick enough to go to ER b"h but my spirit can use a lift. Who can be mevaker cholah virtually? Tell me stories of those middle ages 30-60, not teen/ young, not elder/senior , who have had symptoms and recovered, I can't look online at it, its mixed with too much hysteria and scare-mongering. Dont feel well enough to clean house, no mask available. Shut in my room. House flying and germ ridden Sad

Tom Hanks! He and his wife are older than you! And their son said they're not even that sick. They recovered and are home.

https://www.latimes.com/entert.....hanks

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:56 pm
doodlesmom wrote:

My son can't leave the apartment. He shares a common entrance with other people in the building. He also has no strength to get tested. If testing led to treatment, it would be of value to him but he doesn't feel well enough to contribute to the statistics. The CDC understands that there are many people who have the virus but who are not seeking medical assistance.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:58 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
They aren't testing here, they just said everyone should stay home and treat it like a regular virus

And this is why I think the mortality rate isn't accurate. It's probably way lower than the statistics show.
My Dr. also advised me not to get tested.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:02 pm
Thank.you everyone, please keep it coming, its really helpful.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:27 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
And this is why I think the mortality rate isn't accurate. It's probably way lower than the statistics show.
My Dr. also advised me not to get tested.

It's definitely not accurate, it's the mortality rate of all those who were tested, neglecting the HUGE amount of us that haven't been.

cnc

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:00 am
doodlesmom wrote:

Because there are a limited amount of tests and there’s no cure for the virus so testing doesn’t have to much of a purpose for people that just have mild symptoms .

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:06 am
I was feeling sick 2 weeks ago and went to dr. He said no fever so not corona and anyway they didn’t have a way to test for corona until this week only in hospitals! Now Asisa and chai care are offering testing.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics