Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Getting makeup done
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:46 pm
I'm getting my makeup done tomorrow for a wedding.
My throat hurts, and my eyes are watery. Feels like seasonal allergies.
In the likely event that I actually have coronavirus (I'm in Brooklyn), should I bring my own brushes?
I'm definitely going to use my own lipstick and give the makeup artist some gloves and Purell.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm getting my makeup done tomorrow for a wedding.
My throat hurts, and my eyes are watery. Feels like seasonal allergies.
In the likely event that I actually have coronavirus (I'm in Brooklyn), should I bring my own brushes?
I'm definitely going to use my own lipstick and give the makeup artist some gloves and Purell.

I don’t think you should go to the wedding

amother
Orchid

Bring everything you have.

amother
Orchid

Or rather, don't go. Skype in.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:52 pm
Don’t go. It is irresponsible and immoral quite frankly. Unless a doctor tells you that you are not contagious, you should not go. I don’t care how close of a family member it is. There are weddings that are being canceled left and right, or those that are being done with a minyan only. There is no need for a sick person to go to a wedding and get everyone else sick. If I was the makeup artist I’d be furious if you even showed up for your appointment.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:54 pm
Yes what a great idea. I will Skype my son's wedding.

Where's the eye roll emoji when you need it?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:55 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Bring everything you have.

That's actually really smart! She'll use my stuff on my face. So smart. Thank you.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes what a great idea. I will Skype my son's wedding.

Where's the eye roll emoji when you need it?

Well at the very least let your guests know you’re not feeling well. Personally I would not attend a wedding knowing the chossons mother is sick, even if it was my sister getting married

amother
Orchid

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Some people are canceling weddings.

amother
Orchid

This is a pandemic.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:04 am
Please notify the makeup lady of your symptoms before your appointment. She would be well within her rights to cancel rather than taking chances with her health. If she chooses to continue anyway then she will tell you what precautions to take. You may end up having to do your own makeup.

I won't tell you not to go to your son's wedding because you obviously have already made up your mind. Please make sure not to hug or kiss anyone and maintain a good distance from your guests in case you are contagious.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:07 am
That is incredibly unfair to the makeup lady. At minimum you should do your own makeup.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:07 am
Some wedfings Tom in Brooklyn were cancelled! Others moved to 1:00 chuppa

Stars

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:12 am
Please don't go to your makeup lady!! And tell everyone who walks into the wedding that you have xyz symptoms. So unfair

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:16 am
If someone is coughing and sneezing or red eyed etc at a wedding these days, I assure you, most people will walk right out. Including the make up artist! So, op, you will probably be stuck having to do your own make up anyway PLUS risk having all of the guests leave (all 50 of them, right?). Maybe even the rabbi.
Nobody's taking a chance.

My4Jewels

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:42 am
How many people are at this wedding ??

I am assuming it is not more than 10 people which is now the new guideline as far as trump has said today

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:43 am
I couldnt get contacts for my sons bar mitzva bc eye dr was closed and they wouldnt give me without a prescription...Too bad, ill wear my glasses. Its corona times, and priorities have changed..

The effects of your virus will last way longer than the effect of your makeup thats done. I think you should do it yourself.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 1:08 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
This is a pandemic.

This! This! This! Priorities have to change for us to get out of this crisis. We’re talking months before this calms down if we all behave. If we don’t, this can be longer!

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 7:29 am
Sephora stopped doing makeovers you should tell the make up artist you’re symptoms if you were not exposed I wouldn’t worry so much

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 7:30 am
Give make up artist a mask to wear
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics