Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Havtacha from R' Chaim Kanievsky
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:59 pm
Wanted to share... Received this a few times today. R' Chaim Kanievsky is mavtiach (guarantees) anyone who says kapital (chapter) 70 of tehilim before going to sleep and tells 10 others about his havtacha (guarantee) he/she will be saved from carona virus

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:09 am
I got that too via WhatsApp. I don't believe any of these things that make the rounds. No one can make a promise like that no matter how big a gadol he is. I mean, tefilla is always good but life isn't a vending machine where you say a specific perek of tehillim to get a specific outcome. I just very highly doubt R' Kanievsky ever said that.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:15 am
To add, anything going around that tells you to forward to x amount of people is obviously made up. I can assure you R Chaim did not say that.

petals

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:21 am
I dont have 10 ppl to tell at this time of night 😟

bigsis144

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:25 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
To add, anything going around that tells you to forward to x amount of people is obviously made up. I can assure you R Chaim did not say that.

Yup

flowerpower

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:29 am
I got it from so many people! I don’t believe he said it. Sorry.

mamma llama

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:49 am
Honestly, I don't really believe it, but it can't hurt to say the perek of tehillim anyways...

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 6:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wanted to share... Received this a few times today. R' Chaim Kanievsky is mavtiach (guarantees) anyone who says kapital (chapter) 70 of tehilim before going to sleep and tells 10 others about his havtacha (guarantee) he/she will be saved from carona virus
Im sorry but any person, rabbi or otherwise, who tells you that he can guarantee anything should not be listened to. Its like a navi sheker.
Seriously. Also, I highly doubt such a gadol is telling people to pass on messages. Someone got bored and decided to send out such a message. Whats going to happen when someone that still davens or says these tehillim does get the virus??? Sigh, this is really awful.

thanks

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 7:09 am
petals wrote:
I dont have 10 ppl to tell at this time of night 😟

Don't worry, you won't die cuz you didn't pass on this message. πŸ™„

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 7:22 am
I got an email from an otherwise highly intelligent friend of mine.

Apparently gadol Rabbi X had a dream, in which an ancestor came and told him that Moshiach was coming, and you had to do such and such, and pass the email on to 18 people, yada yada.

I'm also seeing emails of Rabbi Z selling segulas that are supposed to protect from all kinds of illness,
and they are even letting you pay in installments. Oy. It's as bad as snake oil, IMHO.

Peddling false hope in the name of Hashem is the biggest shanda out there. It infuriates me. Mad

WitchKitty

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 8:19 am
I don't think I'll get "carona" anyway. Pretty hard to get something that doesn't exist.

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 8:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

This is obviously made up.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 9:36 am
I’m just befuddled by the fact that this is still going around.
Is there really no one out there smart enough to just stop forwarding it?!

imasoftov

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 9:48 am
As Rav Kanievsky may have said (although I didn't hear it from him ...), "if you didn't hear it from me personally don't believe it".

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 9:55 am
I get so many "segula and promises" messages a day and if I don't foward I'll suffer when moshiach comes & get the virus.
These are obviously not true & just part of the panic. No Rabbi will promise anything
But it doesn't hurt to say tehillim though.
R' Chaim probably just said to say that chapter of tehillim before bed. Someone added the rest.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 9:59 am
WitchKitty wrote:
I don't think I'll get "carona" anyway. Pretty hard to get something that doesn't exist.

It's a municipality in Switzerland.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 10:00 am
C:\fakepath\Screenshot_20200317-095555_WhatsApp.jpg

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 10:01 am
Let's start a new anti chain email. Something like "This is a reminder that chain emails are just chain emails. Send this to anyone you know who has sent a chain email."

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 10:01 am
Oops. Don't know how to load images. Sorry.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 10:07 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Oops. Don't know how to load images. Sorry.

You got the fakepath error. I think that happens even if you do it correctly using the "Upload Images" link from the Imamother "Post a reply" page. Try uploading it as a post on Imgur.com, right click on the image there, and click "Copy image address". Then on Imamother, click "Post Image" and paste the link.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics