Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Weddings this week???
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 9:20 am
I heard one cancelled tonight and one pushed Chuppah to noon!
What is everybody doing this week??

lovingmommy3417

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 9:21 am
My sister is getting married this week. Was supposed to be sunday. We will either push it up to like 4 and have just family or they may just get married on friday with basically just a minyan. Still haven't decided.

keym

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 9:22 am
I heard that several baalebatim in Lakewood are donating their backyards.
Several large backyards near each other for afternoon weddings.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 9:25 am
All wedding's in Brooklyn and Monsey were moved up to the afternoon.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 9:26 am
How does it work to just push up a wedding a few days? How can the Kallah be ready and Tehorah?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 9:27 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
How does it work to just push up a wedding a few days? How can the Kallah be ready and Tehorah?

The kalla doesn't have to be clean. It's an emergency situation.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 8:19 am
Last night I went for a walk around the block with my girls, just to get out, keeping our distance and not touching anything.

Suddenly, from a neighbor's yard we saw two pin-pricks of light and heard music. As we stood across the street and peered around the house, we saw a beautiful canopied set-up....and a couple take their son to the Chuppah, holding candles.

We continued to watch and heard beautiful singing, then music as the Kallah came with her parents.

I just cried and davened for them and wished them a beautiful life together, whoever they are.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 8:22 am
In crown heights there was a chuppah and then they got into convertible and drove around and ppl came out with signs, balloons, music etc. There was an app to track the cars progress.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 8:26 am
Same here.

Watched a wedding in 5 towns on Vimeo last night. It was outdoors.

They literally had NOBODY there. I counted about 10 men and 7 ladies. EVERYONE else watched though live hookup. Grandparents included. Thank goodness for technology.

They had badeken, chuppa, yichud, about 15 min of men dancing outside, and then had meal inside with literally chassan/kallah, parents, and siblings. Done. End of story. Over at 7pm.

I was in awe of how much self-control they had; not allowing anyone else.
It must be so hard them to have such a wedding.
Prayed for them and wishing them a happy life where a "non-wedding" is their biggest issue.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 8:26 am
What about wedddings coming up??!!

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 8:28 am
I went to my nephews wedding on Wed. 3/17. About 50 people. It was very leibidig as everyone had to dance - no sitting on the sidelines. Plenty of shtick. I don't think there are any Sheva Brochos - maybe just a house one for shobbos.

It was in a regular hall, with reg. band and photographer - but the videographer cancelled.

Backyard weddings with just 10-20 people is quite different, but Yidden have been through worse. Main thing is everyone should have a happy marriage.

watergirl

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 8:42 am
This is all reminding us what is important about weddings. Hint - it’s not how many courses and how many people attend. Its about the couple and the chuppah. Maybe this will help end the crazy weddings now.

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 11:34 am
Maybe next year we'll have crazy anniversary parties.

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 11:35 am
I don't think it would actually be crazy to have anniversary party that is basically like a wedding party if you had a wedding planned and had to change it because of coronavirus.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 11:45 am
My cousin got married in a house last night. There were maybe 40 people. We watched via hookup. The house was beautifully transformed, it was set up stunning. I cried non stop, it was so so emotional. These couples deserve only good and no pain in their lives.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 2:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What about wedddings coming up??!!
You wait and you see what the health authorities are saying. Here in Israel, one is not allowed more than 10 people at a wedding. I know not everyone listens to that, but that is what is the law right now.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 2:29 pm
I know of one wedding today. Outdoor. Local siblings online and spouses. Only if well. Went out of state where allowed. Didn’t even share location with other family members.

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 4:33 pm
I don’t get it.

First and foremost, why take the risk. Seriously. Even just parents and siblings is a lot of people who shouldn’t all be together.

More practically, what are you telling these kids to do? Go to their new home and shelter in place? Make their first Shabbat. Pesach, just the two of them. Hope the Mikva has stays open. And if Chas vshalom one becomes ill, deal with it alone, because parents aren’t allowed to come there.

For what reason?

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 4:46 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I don’t get it.

First and foremost, why take the risk. Seriously. Even just parents and siblings is a lot of people who shouldn’t all be together.

More practically, what are you telling these kids to do? Go to their new home and shelter in place? Make their first Shabbat. Pesach, just the two of them. Hope the Mikva has stays open. And if Chas vshalom one becomes ill, deal with it alone, because parents aren’t allowed to come there.

For what reason?

Because I don't know even one single chattan and kallah who want to push off their wedding.
They'd rather get married under these circumstances than wait indefinitely.

And I sure as heck don't blame them.
It's extremely difficult to be Chareidi/Orthodox and engaged.

trixx

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 4:48 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I don’t get it.

For what reason?

Bc its a huge mitzvah.
Bc you cant be engaged indefinitely and expect the couple to stay shomer negiah.
I know someone who was supposed to get married 2 weeks ago, they pushed it off thinking this would all blow over.. I feel really bad for them.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics