Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Anti hoarding measures

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:52 pm
Apparently Rockland county has undertaken to have stores limit the amount of essential items that can be purchased at one time which will make it hard to buy in the quantity that large families need, especially for Pesach. Particularly scary is the need to limit infant formula.
In Crown Heights, apparently an email went out asking people to avoid shopping if they are not truly in need, particularly if they need to have the food delivered.
Some people are driving far away to less hard hit areas to stock up.
Will people who already have what they need stop shopping so that others can have a chance?

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:56 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Apparently Rockland county has undertaken to have stores limit the amount of essential items that can be purchased at one time which will make it hard to buy in the quantity that large families need, especially for Pesach. Particularly scary is the need to limit infant formula.
In Crown Heights, apparently an email went out asking people to avoid shopping if they are not truly in need, particularly if they need to have the food delivered.
Some people are driving far away to less hard hit areas to stock up.
Will people who already have what they need stop shopping so that others can have a chance?

They can't because the amount of time they need it for has expanded.

Small families has great needs also. They may have just as many kids who need formula and diapers.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 3:52 pm
Things are so fluid and stores can. have different policies

My friend went shopping this morning and said people are limited to two chickens. I know there is wide spread limitations on basic hygiene stuff like wipes, diapers and of course toilet paper.

I got email from Gelsons which is a supermarket in Los Angeles. They are instituting special shopping hours for seniors between 7 and 8 AM. You have to show ID to get in. This is a very good policy since seniors are generally up early - at least in my experience and it enables them to shop in a less congested environment.

Raisin

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:16 pm
Yes, a lot of the shops in my area are doing similar things. Either certain items are limited eg toilet paper, or one shop is saying you can't buy more then 4 of each item.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics