Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Inspired by Israeli residents

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 1:21 pm
It's at times like these when I wish to live in Israel. The amazing emuna, strength, unity, and simcha is so inspiring and uplifting!! Something that we New Yorkers are sorely lacking. It is so inspiring to see crowds singing from their windows and balconies. Making chasuna's outdoor with such simcha, and living their lives with amazing emuna peshuta! I envy them!

avrahamama

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 1:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It's at times like these when I wish to live in Israel. The amazing emuna, strength, unity, and simcha is so inspiring and uplifting!! Something that we New Yorkers are sorely lacking. It is so inspiring to see crowds singing from their windows and balconies. Making chasuna's outdoor with such simcha, and living their lives with amazing emuna peshuta! I envy them!

Me too. For the last few months I had this feeling like something big was coming and I want to be in Israel when it comes. I hope I didn't miss the boat. It makes me more determined than ever.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 11:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not that Im putting down Israelis, as I am one of them, but what are you seeing that is showing you this emuna and simcha and unity?

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 12:24 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Not that Im putting down Israelis, as I am one of them, but what are you seeing that is showing you this emuna and simcha and unity?

Not sure if these count as emuna, but simcha and unity and making lemonade out of lemons, definitely.
http://www.israelnationalnews......77344
http://www.israelnationalnews......77367
https://www.facebook.com/osnat.....9692/

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 12:25 pm
double

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 12:50 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:

The joyous weddings on the streets.
The singing together from balconies. It's very inspiring.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 12:52 pm
I've see videos of similar weddings in America. Obviously no balconies, but people standing on front porches and singing as the chuppah proceeded.

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 1:02 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:

There is so much optimism and humour, so many volunteers and eager efforts for individuals and the community, and simply chessed and empathy all over. It's everywhere. I don't think we have to look far for it. Smile

And the feeling on the street regarding Corona is amused tolerance, not fear. It's so different when I speak to my American relatives. Here we're laughing while we're doing the social distancing and elbow handshakes.

Mi keamcha Yisrael.

OP and everyone else, you're welcome here, as visitors or citizens! I can't wait to meet you! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational