Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
SEIT/SETSS
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 10:38 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
My agency said we can start Seit remotely next week (Striveright) Did something change?

This is from the email I received....

Due to mass confusion and general lack of knowledge, the world is suffering devastating effects, including an unprecedented state-wide school closure. Unfortunately, due to the fact that special education services are on hold, it leaves us with no option, but to halt our services. While we can no longer employ you under the present circumstance, we still hope for approval of virtual services and will notify you if in fact this becomes a reality.

In the meantime, until services can resume please do not hesitate to file for unemployment insurance. New York has waived the 7 day waiting period for people out of work due to COVID-19 closures.

I guess it is on hold for now, so in the meantime we were told to file for unemployment

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 11:46 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
This is from the email I received....

Due to mass confusion and general lack of knowledge, the world is suffering devastating effects, including an unprecedented state-wide school closure. Unfortunately, due to the fact that special education services are on hold, it leaves us with no option, but to halt our services. While we can no longer employ you under the present circumstance, we still hope for approval of virtual services and will notify you if in fact this becomes a reality.

In the meantime, until services can resume please do not hesitate to file for unemployment insurance. New York has waived the 7 day waiting period for people out of work due to COVID-19 closures.

I guess it is on hold for now, so in the meantime we were told to file for unemployment

I got this email yesterday. Today I was told that remote services will begin Monday.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 9:21 am
Yvy said we can file for unemployment.
They are trying to set up remote therapy next wk but it doesnt hurt to file (if u can get thru!) In case it doesnt work out.
It will not be easy to do seit remotely! Maybe we can give each other tips...

Read a book.
Sing a song (no fathers present, I hope!)
Work in alphabet shapes with cards...
I ordered some educational sticker scenes and a coloring book from oriental trading if I can get them to my students....

bsy

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 11:09 am
Has anyone been successful in filing?? every time I try the system says it can't do it now because of maintenance or overload.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 11:45 am
bsy wrote:
Has anyone been successful in filing?? every time I try the system says it can't do it now because of maintenance or overload.

Did you try calling?

bsy

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 11:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Did you try calling?

No, I was too sick

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:57 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
My agency said we can start Seit remotely next week (Striveright) Did something change?

I thought it wasnt confirmed for private schools yet...but not sure...

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:32 pm
State did not approve remote services. My agency laid everyone off.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 12:24 am
My child’s p3 said they got approval.
She’s going to send me the forms tomorrow iyh.

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 1:36 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
My child’s p3 said they got approval.
She’s going to send me the forms tomorrow iyh.

Approval from whom? I'm on a facebook group with hundreds of SETSS/P3/P4 providers waiting on tenterhooks for any info and nobody has any.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 11:13 am
I work for the DOE (CSE). Despite, what you may have from your Agency, as per my supervisor this morning - “Guidance for Independent Providers is forthcoming. Thank you for your patience and understanding.” There is NO other information, as of yet.

(And just a pet peeve of mine - the service is SETSS not SETTS.)

Mollie

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 11:37 am
Does this mean Seit might be approved??

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 12:00 pm
Mollie wrote:
Does this mean Seit might be approved??

It means that given this unprecedented situation, no one know yet. They are working on coming up with an answer. (I imagine supervision and accountability are issues, which would have to worked out.) I think it may end up being approved, but I have no way of knowing if and when.

keym

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 12:04 pm
Just curious, for the non New York.
What is SEIT?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 12:20 pm
Special ed teacher for 3-5 year olds that work on cognitive, social, and behavioral skills.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 2:18 pm
keym wrote:
Just curious, for the non New York.
What is SEIT?

It’s an acronym for Special Education Itinerant Teacher. Used to provide special education support for preschoolers.

For the record - SETSS is an acronym for Special Education Teacher Support Services. (It is NOT SETTS, which doesn’t stand for anything). Used to provide special education teaching support for school-aged children.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:50 pm
Amother lawngreen who works for the DOE: please update us SEIT'S on status of teaching remotely. I am getting so frustrated and this is my only source of income. I have five children to support. Please keep us posted. The agency I work for does not have answers. Thank you!!!!!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:54 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Amother lawngreen who works for the DOE: please update us SEIT'S on status of teaching remotely. I am getting so frustrated and this is my only source of income. I have five children to support. Please keep us posted. The agency I work for does not have answers. Thank you!!!!!

I have a teleconference with my supervisor this afternoon, and I will try to ask, but so far - we have been given no directive. If and when I hear anything (either way), I will post that information here.

(Sorry - I feel for you, and I hope you get something soon.)

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 2:44 pm
Thank you. I really appreciate it.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 2:46 pm
Latest word is that unfortunately, Independent Providers are NOT approved to provide remote services at this time. Only Agencies that are contracted with the DOE to provide services, may do so, at this time.

(Thank you OP for correcting your title!)
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics