Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
SEIT/SETSS
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 4:18 pm
What about SEIT? Seems like they responded about related service..

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 4:34 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
What about SEIT? Seems like they responded about related service..

Independent Providers are NOT approved to provide remote services at this time.

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 5:22 pm
SEIT is always through an agency, not independent.
They are anticipating being approved for remote services in the near future because of the way other services are going, but so far nothing official has come through so everyone is on hold. It's a good time to catch up on reports and such, as well as share resources and ideas so you'll be ready when you get the signal.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 5:27 pm
I think they are referring to the agencies as independent providers - unless they are contracted through the DOE.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 9:58 am
As per this morning’s teleconference, Independent providers are now authorized to provide remote SETSS. (Written confirmation of date/time for each session must be obtained from the parents.). SEIT is expected to be authorized next, and then Related Services.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:05 am
Thank you for the update. Please come back on when there is a definite confirmation and update us. I keep coming back to check..

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:29 am
I heard that YVY and EvalCare authorized teletherapy for pendency and SETSS therapists earlier this week.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 1:37 pm
Any updates?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 3:43 pm
Is it worth it to work if I can just file unemployment and get the rest from the stimulus package??

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 3:47 pm
Probably not, but your agency won’t be happy with you, they pay higher insurance for employees who take unemployment. So if your aren’t done with them for good, then I would advise working

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 9:26 pm
Bumping this thread:

Any update if independent SETTS providers can work and bill the DOE?

Tried billing for the first half of March and the portal won't allow for March at all.

No one answers the phone or replies to emails.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 9:41 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Bumping this thread:

Any update if independent SETTS providers can work and bill the DOE?

Tried billing for the first half of March and the portal won't allow for March at all.

No one answers the phone or replies to emails.

I believe that SETSS providers were approved to provide services remotely, as of the week of March 23. You should have gotten some letter approving it.

No one is answering phones at the DOE, because no one is working from their office desks. (The buildings are empty.) You might be able to get a better response via email, though. What district are you in?

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 10:03 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
I believe that SETSS providers were approved to provide services remotely, as of the week of March 23. You should have gotten some letter approving it.

No one is answering phones at the DOE, because no one is working from their office desks. (The buildings are empty.) You might be able to get a better response via email, though. What district are you in?

District 17.
I didn't get any communication from the DOE - even a letter approving it.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 10:15 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
District 17.
I didn't get any communication from the DOE - even a letter approving it.

Have you tried emailing Patty Mullady @ pmullad@schools.nyc.gov?

I believe this is what the letter looks like:

Dear Independent SETSS Provider,

As previously noted, in-person SETSS is no longer authorized, until further notice. Students should receive SETSS remotely, to the extent feasible. Provision of SETSS remotely is authorized and eligible for billing as of this week (beginning March 23). Please note the following guidelines for remote provision of SETSS by independent providers:

· Services should be provided through a remote learning platform, if possible. If a remote learning platform is not available, services may be provided by phone. In either case, students must have access to all materials being covered in the session.
o The DOE recommends using Google Classroom or Microsoft Teams.
o The provider will distribute supporting materials in advance of the session and confirm that the parent will be available to assist the student in accessing materials and participating in the session, as needed. 
§ For telephone service provision, providers must document the materials being covered and the method by which they were delivered to the family and/or received/reviewed by the provider.
o Telephone service should not be provided through a student’s cellphone unless requested by the parent. The provider should document any such request at the time it is made and retain the documentation.
o The session must not be recorded.

· Services should be provided in coordination with the student’s remote learning instructional program.
o Providers should consult with the student’s teacher to integrate and align services with the student’s curriculum and to maximize the time the student spends in general remote learning activities, including providing services during remote instruction on a “push-in” basis in coordination with the teacher whenever feasible and appropriate for the student’s needs and goals.
o As much as possible, SETSS providers should use the same remote learning platform as the student’s school is using for its remote learning program.

· All requirements in the Independent SETSS Authorization continue to apply, including the requirement to maintain timesheets, and to submit requested progress reports and participate in IEP meetings as needed.

· All current documentation and document retention policies required for payment continue to apply. Providers must document the start and end times of each session, using logs from the remote learning platform to the greatest possible extent.
o The provider must obtain written confirmation (which can be via email or other electronic means, or via mail) of the date and time of each session from the parent.
o This documentation must be maintained in accordance with requirements in the Independent SETSS Authorization.

Thank you for your continued partnership and support in our efforts to serve students safely and appropriately during this challenging period.

Special Education Office
New York City Department of Educacation
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics