Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Anyone have info about the lunch pick-ups?
  1  2  3  65  66  67  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 11:48 pm
My kids were not in school today so we did not get the note about it but I heard that all children will be able to get lunches everyday from certain pick-up locations. Does anyone know the details? Times? Locations? Procedures? (like do the kids need to be with you, do you need ID, etc.)
Thanks!

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 11:54 pm
Hefkervelt has 12-2 at circa - ages 3-18

Lakewood scoop had a list of areas for pickup of gelbsteins meal - 9:30-11. But no exact addresses.
They didn’t give out info at schools.

I’m guessing each kid has to be there.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 11:58 pm
Sounds awesome! Anything in Monsey?

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 12:09 am
the State is offering lunch to all Lakewood children ages 18 and under. We have arranged multiple pickup locations where meals will be avail every day. This is open to the public. They do not have to be income eligible to participate. Below is the list of sites where the meals can be picked up from. Feel free to spread the word.
14 Isabella Drive
47 Coles Way
1575 Salem Street
77 Canary Lane
8 Treetop Lane
21 14th Street
750 Forest Avenue Apt 53G
68 Aspen Court
9 Natures Way
18 Tova Drive
158 Hadassah Lane
6 Evian Court
3 Trudy Lane
21 Hillside Blvd
2 Hillside Blvd
261 NorthCrest Place

69 North Crest
50 Lapsley Lane
115 Ashley Avenue
121 Forest Park Circle
6 Sequoia
8 Palm Court

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 12:11 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
the State is offering lunch to all Lakewood children ages 18 and under. We have arranged multiple pickup locations where meals will be avail every day. This is open to the public. They do not have to be income eligible to participate. Below is the list of sites where the meals can be picked up from. Feel free to spread the word.
14 Isabella Drive
47 Coles Way
1575 Salem Street
77 Canary Lane
8 Treetop Lane
21 14th Street
750 Forest Avenue Apt 53G
68 Aspen Court
9 Natures Way
18 Tova Drive
158 Hadassah Lane
6 Evian Court
3 Trudy Lane
21 Hillside Blvd
2 Hillside Blvd
261 NorthCrest Place

69 North Crest
50 Lapsley Lane
115 Ashley Avenue
121 Forest Park Circle
6 Sequoia
8 Palm Court

Where did you get this list? Did it say anything about how it will work?

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 12:14 am
Also:

Circa on Cedarbridge is a official food service location during the school closure. G for children 3-18 yrs old 12:00 pm- 2:00 pm

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 12:21 am
Thanks everyone for the info!
I guess we'll check them out tomorrow. If anyone learns more, please share.

amother
White

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 12:23 am
Anything like this in Brooklyn?

SuperWify

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 12:37 am
I don’t get it. With all the kids in the same location we might as well have school What What

Won’t this keep corona spreading?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 3:26 am
I thought it would be delivered?
Some schools are dropping off by bus stops, some are bringing to houses.
Who ever posted the list of addresses, are you sure? That looks like families who are getting the food delivered to them.
It’s nothing fancy. It’s the same food that the kids usually don’t eat in school. A cup of apple juice, whole wheat roll, container milk, plain bran muffin, an orange...
If your kids would eat the prepackaged school food at home, go for it!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 3:30 am
https://www.thelakewoodscoop.c......html

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 7:23 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I thought it would be delivered?
Some schools are dropping off by bus stops, some are bringing to houses.
Who ever posted the list of addresses, are you sure? That looks like families who are getting the food delivered to them.
It’s nothing fancy. It’s the same food that the kids usually don’t eat in school. A cup of apple juice, whole wheat roll, container milk, plain bran muffin, an orange...
If your kids would eat the prepackaged school food at home, go for it!

Public school is getting delivered.

I think it will break up the day. Hopefully there will be healthy snacks or something they’ll eat. An orange is $1 each. That itself is something for me.

Also I don’t plan on doing fancy or cooked lunches. For my kids it’s either that or make something with the frozen bread in my freezer.
For many families having many children home is a huge additional expense of food in these times.

Don’t share this in real life as it may make ppl embarrassed to go who can really use the help. You never know who is really struggling.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 7:27 am

bling3

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 7:51 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Public school is getting delivered.

I think it will break up the day. Hopefully there will be healthy snacks or something they’ll eat. An orange is $1 each. That itself is something for me.

Also I don’t plan on doing fancy or cooked lunches. For my kids it’s either that or make something with the frozen bread in my freezer.
For many families having many children home is a huge additional expense of food in these times.

Don’t share this in real life as it may make ppl embarrassed to go who can really use the help. You never know who is really struggling.

My neighborhood is setting up the pickup for the lunches. For me this is a huge help. I am not used to having the kids home and it takes a lot to have a variety of different lunches on a daily. I'm appreciative that this is one less thing for me to worry about. I shared this with my friends, and I'm not embarrassed. I can B"H afford to buy it for them.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 9:05 am
Bnos yaakov said they will have breakfasts and lunches available from 10 to I think 12 or 1230. Its drive through in their parking lot. 2 Kent rd.

losingweight

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 9:09 am
Most people will agree that having the kids home will send our food bills soaring. For many the daily lunches will be a huge help. I'm in Brooklyn and all schools have lunch pick up. The biggest concern with closing schools was the food they may not get. No child should be hungry.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 9:58 am
losingweight wrote:
Most people will agree that having the kids home will send our food bills soaring. For many the daily lunches will be a huge help. I'm in Brooklyn and all schools have lunch pick up. The biggest concern with closing schools was the food they may not get. No child should be hungry.

Which schools do you know that have lunch pickup?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 10:13 am
Has anyone gone to any of the pick-up locations. yet? Can you tell us what's going on?

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 10:31 am
The list of houses. It’s from 11-12 one kid at a time comes to get their lunch so not around other kids

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 10:43 am
My DH decided to check it out. He went around 10:30am.

Children did not need to be present. Someone was at the door of the house and asked him how many he needed. Gave him 2 bags- one had a small muffin & an orange juice, the other had a roll, a string cheese, a packet of peanut butter (factory sealed), an applesauce, a small cookie, and a pickle.

We have 2 children. He took one from here, we hope to check Circa later and get one there, too. I'll try to post details afterwards.
Page 1 of 67   1  2  3  65  66  67  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries