Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Anyone have info about the lunch pick-ups?
  Previous  1  2  3 47  48  49 65  66  67  Next

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 9:15 am
I would love to know too! If you please tell us with advanced time. Thanks!

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 9:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
MRL 7 day box for 2 kids (I'm very curious about what the bigger families got):

1 pkg (4 slices) mendelhsons pizza
1 box frozen haddar pretzels
1 pkg with 2 cheese blintzes
1 package tirat tzvi turkey
1# container about half full with cholent w a small piece of potato kugel sitting in the top part of container
2 string cheese
2 small yogurts
1 mango
1 bag baby carrots
1 (very) small challah
1 box mini brownie bars
1 bottle apple juice

and they gave us 1 milk

This seems like much less then we got last week (& less than I've come to expect for 7 days for 2 kids). I don't know what the 'requirements' are but how is 1 mango & 1 bag of baby carrots enough fruits & veggies for 2 kids for 7 lunches?

Does anyone know what Chai4life gave? Maybe I would switch to them for next week.

Same. Looks like the box is great for bigger families, but the box for two was a bit disappointed in comparison with the others etc. not sure why the four box seems to have five times value.

mlc

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 11:45 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Any Shabbos Boxes today?

Bump

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 11:49 am
mlc wrote:
Bump

I doubt it. Things are different now that school is over. Camps have funding for lunches now.
The few places that are giving out for kids not in camp are only distributing once or twice a week.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:11 pm
Did anyone email chai4ever and get an answer? I was there last Monday but they ran out very quickly. The man there told me to email them to put myself on the list. I emailed as soon as I got home and I emailed again today but I didnt get an answer.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:14 pm
No didnt get an answer either. If anyone hears from them, please let me know!

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:17 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
Did anyone email chai4ever and get an answer? I was there last Monday but they ran out very quickly. The man there told me to email them to put myself on the list. I emailed as soon as I got home and I emailed again today but I didnt get an answer.

Same happened to me!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:39 pm
I emailed them, too. No answer.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:40 pm
I missed my pickup slot of mrl lunches this past Thursday. Can I pick up tomorrows box instead? What time are they giving out?

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:45 pm
Thanks everyone. At least I dont feel so alone. But I would love to know if Im going to get it.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 10:16 am
Anybody know when MRL lunches are being given out today?

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:02 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Anybody know when MRL lunches are being given out today?

From What I understand you have to get a text in order to pickup today.
If you didn’t get the text you shouldn’t be going.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 1:37 pm
Just got this email:

Dear Neighbor,

Thank you for your email requesting to reserve meals for pickup. Unfortunately, because we received requests far in excess of that which we are authorized to provide, we will not be able to reserve meals at this time. We will be distributing the boxes today, 6:30 PM at 1221 Madison Ave. on a first-come first-serve basis. Please feel free to come and make use of this service. We hope that in the coming weeks we will be able to offer an advance reservation system. Please also be aware that due to limited quantities, no one may pick up meals for more than 8 individuals and only limited to your immediate family.

Thank you for your understanding,

Chai4ever Food Program

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 2:49 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
From What I understand you have to get a text in order to pickup today.
If you didn’t get the text you shouldn’t be going.

Hey! I'm not trying to take what is not coming to me!

I emailed MRL 2 weeks ago and they registered me. They sent a confirmation text and stated that they'd text me with pickup times. However, I gave both my home and cell numbers and apparently they've been texting my landline. I've tried to clarify by emailing again but they're not looking at emails and just send a stock automated response.

Can someone please help me?

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 3:13 pm
I think last week was 430 or 445

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 7:50 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Hey! I'm not trying to take what is not coming to me!

I emailed MRL 2 weeks ago and they registered me. They sent a confirmation text and stated that they'd text me with pickup times. However, I gave both my home and cell numbers and apparently they've been texting my landline. I've tried to clarify by emailing again but they're not looking at emails and just send a stock automated response.

Can someone please help me?
I hope you got it! I’m signed up and got a text that it was 4:15. But in the end we are getting lunches elsewhere (don’t ask me where, I legitimately don’t know, a neighbor is taking care of the details)

I’m sure I’m not the only one who signed up and didn’t end up taking! Don’t be so nervous people!

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 7:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just got this email:

Dear Neighbor,

Thank you for your email requesting to reserve meals for pickup. Unfortunately, because we received requests far in excess of that which we are authorized to provide, we will not be able to reserve meals at this time. We will be distributing the boxes today, 6:30 PM at 1221 Madison Ave. on a first-come first-serve basis. Please feel free to come and make use of this service. We hope that in the coming weeks we will be able to offer an advance reservation system. Please also be aware that due to limited quantities, no one may pick up meals for more than 8 individuals and only limited to your immediate family.

Thank you for your understanding,

Chai4ever Food Program

I got it also. And I was too busy earlier to take the chance that I was going to wait on line and end up with nothing.

Did you end up going?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 8:11 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
I got it also. And I was too busy earlier to take the chance that I was going to wait on line and end up with nothing.

Did you end up going?

I did. My DH & I were out & not far from there around 6 so we went over & got in line. They were already giving out. We were out of there (with a box) by 6:25.

Box (for 2 kids) included:
Package of chicken franks
Box of pizza bagels
Bag of spinacheese ravioli
Bag of fish sticks
Pkg w/4 potato blintzes (marked chalav Yisroel so maybe they have cheese, too)
4 yogurts
Box of crackers
Hot dog buns
Pita
Container of rugalach
Bag of frozen tri-color peppers
Can of hearts of palm
Cantaloupe
Mango
Apple juice

And they gave 2 milks

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 8:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I did. My DH & I were out & not far from there around 6 so we went over & got in line. They were already giving out. We were out of there (with a box) by 6:25.

Box (for 2 kids) included:
Package of chicken franks
Box of pizza bagels
Bag of spinacheese ravioli
Bag of fish sticks
Pkg w/4 potato blintzes (marked chalav Yisroel so maybe they have cheese, too)
4 yogurts
Box of crackers
Hot dog buns
Pita
Container of rugalach
Bag of frozen tri-color peppers
Can of hearts of palm
Cantaloupe
Mango
Apple juice

And they gave 2 milks

Thats pretty nice! Im kind of dissappointed but it just didnt make sense for me to go then.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 9:15 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
Thats pretty nice! Im kind of dissappointed but it just didnt make sense for me to go then.

Same.. I got that email but it was hectic here at that time and I didn’t want to go and wait for a while to possibly come back with nothing. It does sound like a pretty good box though..

Did anyone pick up gelbsteins this morning? Curious what they gave-
Page 48 of 67   Previous  1  2  3 47  48  49 65  66  67  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries