Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
No more Aliyah
1  2  Next

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 2:06 am
For the foreseeable future, until the world gets coronavirus under control. Surprised

[Personal thoughts: I always thought it would be a Nazi-like nationalist uptick which would close the gates and prevent Jews from coming home. I never imagined it would be plague.

I'm not usually a Quaker, but there is something very odd about this happening right before Pesach, when G-d revealed his mastery of the world through plagues, and He led us to our home. This notice really struck home for me, out of all the news we've had these past months. I'm doing a lot of thinking now.]

DrMom

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 2:12 am
Rappel wrote:

[Personal thoughts: I always thought it would be a Nazi-like nationalist uptick which would close the gates and prevent Jews from coming home. I never imagined it would be plague.

Why would you think this?

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 2:30 am
DrMom wrote:
Why would you think this?

Just my personal thoughts - no source. That if one thing were to stop Aliyah, then it would be that.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 4:37 am
I had this really bizarre dream this morning, where people were in a long line, and being sorted according to symptoms and exposure. Each group was then transported on different trains, to different destinations. Sad

It seriously creeped me out.

I woke up with a migraine and a fever. Sick

DrMom

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 8:51 am
Rappel wrote:
Just my personal thoughts - no source. That if one thing were to stop Aliyah, then it would be that.

The biggest impediment to Aliyah (pre-Corona as well as now) is lack of interest among Diaspora Jews.

tweety1

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 10:00 am
Rappel wrote:
For the foreseeable future, until the world gets coronavirus under control. Surprised

I'm not usually a Quaker, but there is something very odd about this happening right before Pesach, when G-d revealed his mastery of the world through plagues, and He led us to our home. This notice really struck home for me, out of all the news we've had these past months. I'm doing a lot of thinking now.]

I was thinking the exact same thing what you write in the second paragraph. Too coincidental. I have no doubts that mashiach is coming. It's said that mashiach will come on pesach. Now this is happening right before pesach, it's kinda creepy.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 10:30 am
DrMom wrote:
The biggest impediment to Aliyah (pre-Corona as well as now) is lack of interest among Diaspora Jews.

I can't speak for everyone, in my life and community, it is not a lack of interest. It is a lack of ability to figure out how to make it work.
Check out an NBN event. No lack of interest there.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 10:37 am
We were planning on making aliyah in July Sad

banana123

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 10:40 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
We were planning on making aliyah in July Sad

July is a long way off. You might still be able to do it.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 10:44 am
banana123 wrote:
July is a long way off. You might still be able to do it.

Hopefully. But I don't know how I will be prepared by then. All plans have been halted.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 10:46 am
DrMom wrote:

Or money/job opportunities. We don't have enough of a cushion to make it work. We cry for Israel daily and hate that we are here. But right now. Jobs come from friends as favors...

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 10:57 am
When all this started, with carona, I told DH letโ€™s go to israel.
Even if I had to be in quarantine I rather do it there than here

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 11:16 am
Rappel wrote:

I dont see the doom and gloom here. It is not forever. It is until this virus is under control. Even if it has to be like this for a year, and I dont think anyone is predicting this should be that long, its not a forever thing. People will be coming back on aliyah, just not right now.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 3:28 pm
Twenty-four American olim landed in Israel today. They will have to spend their first 14 days in quarantine, but they still came. And another 20 are expected in about two weeks.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 3:40 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Twenty-four American olim landed in Israel today. They will have to spend their first 14 days in quarantine, but they still came. And another 20 are expected in about two weeks.

Anyone making aliyah in the next few weeks has been planning it for awhile and is likely in the stage where they already sold their house and packed their stuff. At this point, they're better off just going and entering quarantine as soon as they land. At least they'll have some of their stuff, their lift will come along soon enough etc. The people who are going to have a real problem are the people planning to come this summer/fall. Those people are only just now putting their homes on the market and starting to pack, and sell/give away/toss what they're not taking. All those things are now going to be held up. So by the time August comes around, getting on the plane to go is not going to be an issue, but they'll likely be held up anyway because they didn't manage to sell their house and get all the other ducks in a row.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 3:47 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Anyone making aliyah in the next few weeks has been planning it for awhile and is likely in the stage where they already sold their house and packed their stuff. At this point, they're better off just going and entering quarantine as soon as they land. At least they'll have some of their stuff, their lift will come along soon enough etc. The people who are going to have a real problem are the people planning to come this summer/fall. Those people are only just now putting their homes on the market and starting to pack, and sell/give away/toss what they're not taking. All those things are now going to be held up. So by the time August comes around, getting on the plane to go is not going to be an issue, but they'll likely be held up anyway because they didn't manage to sell their house and get all the other ducks in a row.

Yes, it may be harder in the coming months. But the point is that olim are still coming, and that's a beautiful thing.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 5:21 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I thought all flights had stopped, no?
Quarantine as a start to aliyah, now thats very hard Sad

Learning

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 6:31 pm
What the secular government in Israel is doing now is of no connection to the coming of mashiach. When mashiach with come all gates to israel will be open to anyone who deserves it. I hope we will ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

Rappel

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 5:43 am
Learning wrote:
What the secular government in Israel is doing now is of no connection to the coming of mashiach. When mashiach with come all gates to israel will be open to anyone who deserves it. I hope we will ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

ืœื‘ ืžืœื›ื™ื ื‘ื™ื“ ื”'

I think He is the one managing the gates to Eretz Yisrael. I don't like that they were closed now. It feels like a warning or something.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 6:56 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I thought all flights had stopped, no?
Quarantine as a start to aliyah, now thats very hard Sad

Thereโ€™s been a massive reduction of flights but no, not all flights have been stopped at this point
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions