Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Anybody else feel like they’re going to get sick...?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 9:10 am
From taking care of others who are sick? Not because you’ll catch it, but from the seemingly never ending. I’m taking care of 4 teens who are quarantined and now my dh is too. I have to give them everything. They don’t like it either, they feel like they’re in jail which they kind of are. Since they’re teens and older, they actually eat and a peanut butter sandwich will not be enough. They’re all very generous and not pushy about any of it. They’re all saying it’s like a restaurant, but I’m the only one working in it. Part of it is my fault to do so much, but I feel like I have to because they can’t do it themselves. Anybody else in the same or similar boat as me? I also have younger ones that I need to take care of, but with them, I’m very mellow.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 9:18 am
Yes.

I think I'll get sick from the stress. I'm not sleeping well, everyone needs meals, I'm supervising and teaching distance learning programs, and dealing with everyone's connection issues, and getting up extra early to do the shopping when less people are there. Every room of my house is being used by someone for something, and I'm trying to Pesach clean around them in a house that hasn't been thoroughly Pesach cleaned for years because we always go away- so there is likely real stuff to be found. And we're trying to check in with the grandparents daily. And I'm managing everyone else's stress.

And if someone who isn't me does get this, I don't think I will realistically be able to take care of them without getting it myself. And I have asthma.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 10:42 am
Yes. I will definitely get sick and pass it to my family.
I work in healthcare and have to show up for work in a hospital. They want me to be the first line of screening the patients for corona when they walk in the door. It is not my scope of practice or skill set. I am not a doctor or a nurse. What I am though is very angry. I may need to quit, but then I won't have heath insurance (not to mention that I need my income to eat).

Please everyone, respect the quarantine. By not doing so and thinking you are above it, you are putting me and my immunocompromised family member at risk.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 10:46 am
Thank you blonde. That really sucks though Sad
May the zechus of you being there for all the sick people help you, and you should stay healthy.
Good luck!

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 11:17 am
I'm just nervous I'll be sick the same time as dh. We have a 3yo and a baby. As long as 1 parent is well enough, we can breeze through this (ba"h, b"ezh!!!!))
DH is displaying mild symptoms now. He locked himself into the guest room, and I kick open the door every couple hours to toss in some snacks and drinks. If he does have COVID-19 and I catch it, it better be after he's feeling better!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics