Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How will life change after?
1  2  3  Next

Ravenclaw

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 11:54 am
I think this situation is one that will have lasting effects on our society. How do you predict things will change?

I think this will truly help heal many of the recent political divisions, as globally we are all dealing with the same thing.

I also think people will realize that family and health come before materialism and the rush rush rush of daily living. I think family dinners and quality time will make a comeback.

I think that considering all the recent simple weddings, people will see that we can solve the chasuna crisis by keeping it up. People will see it wasn’t the end of the world, instead it was beautiful and meaningful and there are more important things than glitz and bling.

rdmom

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 11:58 am
I really hope and pray that weddings stay the norm this way. It has gotten way out of hand. Weddings now are so beautiful and meaningful.

Only immediate family there. I love it.

icedcoffee

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:03 pm
I think a lot of companies will realize that actually it is possible to work from home, and will start providing more flexibility with that.

srbmom

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:05 pm
I can also see more schools adopting some form of distance learning. This may be the answer to the tuition crisis!

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:05 pm
I hope people become more resilient and realize their inner power. I hope we learn to enjoy our children and be more present people. I hope we learn to be happy with less. I hope marriages are strengthened as we are forced to lean on each other and be a team.

I think there will be major financial stresses. I think a lot of people will get sick and some will die. I think some children will be neglected and be lord-of-the-fly-ish. I think there will be increased crime and looting. I think many people will have new or worsened anxiety, depression, addictions, and OCD.

turca

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:06 pm
I hope people learn that they should stay home when they are sick!
A cold that might be harmless for someone, might be deathly for someone else.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:06 pm

PeanutMama

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:29 pm
And I hope people learn that you DO wash your hands everyday!!! Not just during this crisis.
😂

Seriously though.
Some people think that negel vasser is enough.....

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:34 pm
rdmom wrote:
I really hope and pray that weddings stay the norm this way. It has gotten way out of hand. Weddings now are so beautiful and meaningful.

Only immediate family there. I love it.

Ditto sheva brochos and bar mitzvahs.

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:34 pm
I hope the hygiene standards keep up. It's nice that trays of baked goods aren't left open in the grocery store and there's hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes readily available. Imagine if they start actually wiping down surfaces on planes between flights, how wonderful!

southernbubby

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:36 pm
I agree with all of the above but will we ever again trust China?

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:40 pm
I predict that life will only change for a short while. Give it a bit more time and people will forget... we always do.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:48 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
I think this situation is one that will have lasting effects on our society. How do you predict things will change?

I think this will truly help heal many of the recent political divisions, as globally we are all dealing with the same thing.

I also think people will realize that family and health come before materialism and the rush rush rush of daily living. I think family dinners and quality time will make a comeback.

I think that considering all the recent simple weddings, people will see that we can solve the chasuna crisis by keeping it up. People will see it wasn’t the end of the world, instead it was beautiful and meaningful and there are more important things than glitz and bling.

I disagree with everything you say. People will continue to make lavish weddings. There will be an enormous kiddush to make up for missed time.

Politically, this will only divide us more. Have you seen CNN lately? If Trump says 25 things, they will make a headline out of the 1 thing that wasn't clear or correct.

No doubt the Democrats will use this crisis to during the election to try to oust Trump. They will highlight all the things he did or didn't do that could've prevented this. I don't want to turn this into a political discussion, but since you said that this will mend political division, I'm pointing out that I feel the opposite will happen.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:53 pm
I think that once many children get used to online entertainment tgey wont give it up so fast

And once parents have virtual schooling , they arent going to be so fast to run back to paying a fortune to be kicked around and abused by the schools

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 1:06 pm
Does anyone really think this virtual schooling is ideal? My kids are hating it. They miss their social life and the feeling of being in a classroom.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 1:36 pm
I think that most of us want to return to the days where we live communal lives and enjoy shopping and outings.
Maybe now that much of what we do in life is viewed as non-essential, we can keep that in mind if we have to make do with less, whether concerning a simcha or a Yom tov, it's possible and doable.
I do think that we all should have stocked up on supplies when the news came out of China.
Obviously germs don't respect boundaries. I think that medical equipment and supplies need to be sold in limited quantity to the public but we should all buy thermometers and fever reducers when we feel good and these things are readily available rather than waiting until it's needed and not available.
I think that we need to appreciate schools, teachers, toilet paper, etc; all that we took for granted.

imasinger

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 1:46 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I agree with all of the above but will we ever again trust China?

I think the biggest change is that China will be the world's most important superpower, especially if they are helping countries who are in the midst of this.

Sebastian

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 2:11 pm
I hope China will face severe repercussions from the rest of the world.

chanatron1000

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 2:21 pm
I think certain social norms will be abandoned. In cultures where greeting someone new with hugs and kisses was expected, things may never go back to the way they were.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 2:24 pm
This is the fourth world-wide epidemic to come out of China. Maybe they are doing it on purpose.

I think we were better off before 1980 when USA was the world's main manufacturer.
We had more better paying jobs in USA!

And we didn't have all these epidemics (Corona virus, Sars, H1N1, Asian Flu) that devastate economies in USA and rest of the world!

Is cheap chinese junk worth the trillions in losses??? And the loss of lives???

Let's ISOLATE CHINA and protect our lives, jobs and economy. It is only BILLIONAIRE corporations who are benefiting from "globalism" outsourcing manufacturing.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics