Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Did you shop for clothing and shoes for pesach?
1  2  Next

ChutzPAh

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:02 pm
Not online. In a store. I’m not talking about those who did their shopping 2 months ago, but ppl in the last week or so.
And no, I did not and don’t plan to.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:06 pm
No. I'm planning to place a delivery at the hoisery store for socks and tights.

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:07 pm
I actually returned everything I bought. Since no one will be leaving the house much we won’t need anything

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:16 pm
I have nothing new. And all shops are closed.

itsmeima

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:27 pm
Nope, winter clothing until this is over!

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:29 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
I actually returned everything I bought. Since no one will be leaving the house much we won’t need anything

So you're not planning to leave the house all summer long? Or you buy new things that is only worn on Pesach?

southernbubby

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:43 pm
My brother in law, a cardiologist who is OCD about cleanliness (they change clothes in the garage after taking a walk), said that until the vaccine is approved in the fall of 2021, this virus will wane and reappear so we will get reprieves but they won't last. He believes that the vaccine will change this.

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:47 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
So you're not planning to leave the house all summer long? Or you buy new things that is only worn on Pesach?

We can buy new stuff as needed when the world goes back to normal. For right now I need the money in my pocket more than I need new clothes that won’t see the light of day

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 1:21 pm
We can buy new stuff as needed when the world goes back to normal. For right now I need the money in my pocket more than I need new clothes that won’t see the light of day

Do you only dress for the public? Don’t you want your family to feel dressed for yom tov even with just family? I want to make yom tov as normal as possible. (Not saying you need fancy clothes, just something nice to feel yom tov.)

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 1:25 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Do you only dress for the public? Don’t you want your family to feel dressed for yom tov even with just family? I want to make yom tov as normal as possible. (Not saying you need fancy clothes, just something nice to feel yom tov.)

I don’t understand this line of questioning. BH my family and I have plenty of clothes. and even if we didn’t, if we were sitting in our pajamas on yom tov, that’s fine too. Clothing is the absolute bottom of my list of priorities.

mig100

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 1:31 pm
Di dnt occur to me to think about clothing until I came on ima

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 1:32 pm
No. But we also don’t really buy clothing for specifically Pesach.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 1:33 pm
I don’t understand this line of questioning. BH my family and I have plenty of clothes. and even if we didn’t, if we were sitting in our pajamas on yom tov, that’s fine too. Clothing is the absolute bottom of my list of priorities.

So if you have enough, why did you buy more? You said you returned because you're not going out. This means that you're dressing for the street.

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 1:42 pm
So if you have enough, why did you buy more? You said you returned because you're not going out. This means that you're dressing for the street.

You must be really bored to be attacking someone, unprovoked.

Fact: when you go away for Pesach you need more clothes than you do when you stay home.

Fact: When you are in early pregnancy as Bh I am you need numerous loose fitting dresses. I bought many of these that I no longer need as I can now just wear a robe

Fact: if I’m not leaving my apartment for the entire YT I can wear whatever is comfortable.

Fact: with me having CV and on disability and my Husband not working we need the money in our hands more than we need be clothes is our closet

Be glad you’re faring better than I am right now. Full stop

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 1:43 pm

Oh wow, some people are so mean... Chill

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 1:46 pm
My 5 year old can wear hand me downs from her older sister. My preteen grows like a weed and doesn't have anything that fits her for warmer weather. I'm ordering online as best as I can. Same for my boy. Much easier to order for a toddler boy than a girl because I don't have to worry about hem length or sleeve length.

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 1:52 pm
no. my kids are wearing from last year, they are a bit small but they still sort of fit. it will do for now.
as far as shbs shoes, which they really need, I looked online but didn't find anything and I don't think I'm venturing out at all so they'll wear crocs. we'll be indoors anyway. I would love them to have new stuff but it's not worth the risk to anyone.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 1:52 pm
You must be really bored to be attacking someone, unprovoked.

Fact: when you go away for Pesach you need more clothes than you do when you stay home.

Fact: When you are in early pregnancy as Bh I am you need numerous loose fitting dresses. I bought many of these that I no longer need as I can now just wear a robe

Fact: if I’m not leaving my apartment for the entire YT I can wear whatever is comfortable.

Fact: with me having CV and on disability and my Husband not working we need the money in our hands more than we need be clothes is our closet

Be glad you’re faring better than I am right now. Full stop

Sorry, I didn't mean to attack you. But it is weird to say that you returned everything because you won't be going out. And you anyways have enough so you don't need new things. It really does sound that you're dressing for the street.

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 2:26 pm

My family and I "dress for the street." Ie to conform with social norms. Many times when we are just inside, I wear comfy but not fully tznius clothing (lower necklines, shorter, no stockings, Dh will wear sweatpants, kids might stay in pjs all day or most of the day...).
I usually only wear sheitels if I'm going out of the house. I can relate to that poster returning her items.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 2:32 pm
I bought a dress for each girl, and a suit for each boy. We bought right before they started saying to do social distancing. The kids outgrew their old stuff so I don’t know what they’d wear otherwise. Seems like they had a big growth spurt around Feb. if we hadn’t bought beforehand I would probably order online but my kids are hard to fit so it wouldn’t be easy.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics