Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Shabbos Hachodesh 5780- A Shabbos that will not be forgotten
1  2  Next

crust

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 5:33 pm
This will be a Shabbos that will go down in history as an unforgettable one. I dont have the right words to name it.

I hope we all come out of this Shabbos and of the coming weeks and Shabbosim with our and our loved ones health intact.

I ask Hashem to please make miracles happen to all of us.

Have a freilichen shabbos everyone.

enneamom

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 5:34 pm
Amen!!!

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 5:35 pm
There will be a few such shabbossim and Pesach too

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 5:39 pm
We eat 2 kugels on a Shabbos when 2 sefer torahs are leined. Ditch it this week.

Iymnok

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 2:43 pm
This shabbos was actually very nice. DH davened early, so we had an early seuda. To break up the afternoon I set out "shabbos part" that became a brachos party. We played hide 'n seek and a few board games.

Elfrida

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 2:54 pm
You don't have much appetite when you barely leave the house, so it was hard to enjoy the seudas.

amother
Gray

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 8:03 pm
We haf a mijnan on our porch. Backside not on street every neighbour was in his porch.. one neighbor has several bachurim. he had a toire and it was lained. another minjan was on the other side chazak was said. it was surreal and very nice although coldish... may He send moshiach now!

amother
Taupe

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 9:08 pm
crust wrote:
This will be a Shabbos that will go down in history as an unforgettable one. I dont have the right words to name it.

I hope we all come out of this Shabbos and of the coming weeks and Shabbosim with our and our loved ones health intact.

I ask Hashem to please make miracles happen to all of us.

Have a freilichen shabbos everyone.

My kids are convinced it was the last Shabbos in NY. Next Shabbos and forever we're in Yerushalayim. Davening to Hashem that this comes true!

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 9:16 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
We eat 2 kugels on a Shabbos when 2 sefer torahs are leined. Ditch it this week.

Actually the custom started during a time when jews were not permitted to Lein Torah to remind jews about the 2 Torah’s.
This week it was most appropriate.

cuties' mom

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 9:42 pm
Ds asked why we sing shalom aleichem. If nobody went to shul, how could malachim come home with them?

naturalmom5

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 9:42 pm
Im afraid when this is over , iyh soon

My husband wont go back to shul.. He daverned very slow, with cavona, there was no one to talk by dav or kr torah or bother him

So he was in a good mood all Shabbos..

amother
Ruby

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 9:45 pm
I loved how dh davened with ds 8 and dd 7. It was soooooo nice! I loved watching them. We played lots of family games. Took a small walk. Was a really nice shabbos.

amother
Wine

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 10:08 pm
I didnt want shabbos to end!!

amother
Honeydew

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 10:11 pm
We had a beautiful shabbos! Afternoon seuda we ate in the backyard because weather was so nice. I'm sad shabbos ended because it was so peaceful.
This was the best shabbos ever that I can remember.

Cmon be nice

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 10:38 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
We haf a mijnan on our porch. Backside not on street every neighbour was in his porch.. one neighbor has several bachurim. he had a toire and it was lained. another minjan was on the other side chazak was said. it was surreal and very nice although coldish... may He send moshiach now!

Im not impressed. Why are they better than all the Rabonim who said no minyan, even private ones?

Last edited by Cmon be nice on Sat, Mar 21 2020, 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

pizza4

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 11:10 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Im afraid when this is over , iyh soon

My husband wont go back to shul.. He daverned very slow, with cavona, there was no one to talk by dav or kr torah or bother him

So he was in a good mood all Shabbos..

Double

Last edited by pizza4 on Sat, Mar 21 2020, 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

pizza4

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 11:17 pm
We had such a nice peaceful shabbos too, I was afraid it wouldbe way harder. Dh loved davening on his own, at his own pace, without distractions of people talking or shushing, no baal korei going too slow, etc.
We played some games, and went on a walk keeping to ourselves.
Only frustrating part was a neighbor who was not being careful, said they got the virus and it's over, their kids kept coming onto our porch. Like guys I'm trying to do this right please don't make it harder.
Also we were told not to make minyanim on porches, that they are considered separate rooms.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 11:25 pm
Was not as bad as I was expecting except for one of my kids needing to got the ER for stitches. Other than that we survived.

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 11:41 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:

I think you’re saying that everyone was in their own porch and made a minyan together. That is beautiful! If everyone was on one porch that is very irresponsible...

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 11:55 pm
The Rav of my shul said that if people are on separate porches, it's too far away to be considered a minyan, anyway. So really no point.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note