Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Shabbos Hachodesh 5780- A Shabbos that will not be forgotten
Previous  1  2

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:09 am
My husband went to shul for all three tefillos where there was exactly a minyan. My kids who go every week stayed home.

momtra

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 1:23 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
My husband went to shul for all three tefillos where there was exactly a minyan. My kids who go every week stayed home.

Wait, what??
Where do you live??

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 1:46 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
The Rav of my shul said that if people are on separate porches, it's too far away to be considered a minyan, anyway. So really no point.

Why do you feel the need to add that. If that is what YOUR Rav said, that that holds true for YOU, but why do you need to take from her experience and the beauty of her Shabbos?

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 1:57 am
Cmon be nice wrote:
Im not impressed. Why are they better than all the Rabonim who said no minyan, even private ones?
just looking to comment badly???everyone was on HIS porch so mo contact AT ALL!!!!!!!!!

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 2:00 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
I think you’re saying that everyone was in their own porch and made a minyan together. That is beautiful! If everyone was on one porch that is very irresponsible...
of course everyone was on his own porch! we were paskened if you can see each other you can make a minjan.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 2:16 am
Some of the porches in Brooklyn are so close to each other, I wonder whether it is proper social distancing lol

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 2:24 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Some of the porches in Brooklyn are so close to each other, I wonder whether it is proper social distancing lol
I'm not in brooklyn. Our porch is 3th floor then one on the 2nd floor and 1st floor. and one neighbor from the next building. 1st floor has a big porch so we all could see the ongoings. One lady was even on the porch opposite very far but she was able daven along as she heard everything. There is a big echo so you hear very good.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 2:24 am
For the first time we all ate shalosh seudos together. Afterwards we sang and sang until shabbos was over. (We are a family that rarely sings together unfortunately. My husband never sings zemiros and when we don't have guests, our meals are rather short.) But this week we lingered and sang and it was beautiful.
But I doubt this shabbos will be the only one of it's kind. Judging by Italy and Israel, this may go on for a while.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 5:13 am
We had the most beautiful shabbos!
We set up a "shul" in our living room and the whole family sang lecha dodi together.

Shabbos morning we did birchas hachodesh and "leining".

Since we had no friends to go to we sat around the table singing and talking.

We did family game time.

Obviously I would have loved for my husband to have davened with a minyan but for me it was great!

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 8:54 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
For the first time we all ate shalosh seudos together. Afterwards we sang and sang until shabbos was over. (We are a family that rarely sings together unfortunately. My husband never sings zemiros and when we don't have guests, our meals are rather short.) But this week we lingered and sang and it was beautiful.
But I doubt this shabbos will be the only one of it's kind. Judging by Italy and Israel, this may go on for a while.

This was also our family’s experience. My DH and kids never sing out loud. My DH sings zemiros quietly to himself every Shabbos but this week at Shalosh Seudos , we were all together and we all sang. I never realized what beautiful powerful voices my boys have . They are all musical and play instruments but they never sing. There was this beautiful aura that was felt in the room as we all sang. I was completely unaware of the time and by the time we finished singing and benched it was way after Shabbos had ended. That was such a nice moment I want to hold onto.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note