Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
Homeschool fails

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:43 am
Please commiserate with me. I have a 7 5 and three year old. My three year old I Am not worried about. My five and seven year old hate calling into their class conference calls. They hate doing any work with me. I dont have big goals. All I ask is for my five year old to do one page of kriah of day. I don’t want advice or ideas I just need to hear how hard this is for you and how impossible your kids are being.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:46 am
Make a schedule for your child. Play time, snack, meals, playtime and school work should all be on the schedule. My kids aren't complaining, bh.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:47 am
I Refuse to Run a Coronavirus Home School https://nyti.ms/3bgtBOV

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:48 am
I homeschooled for a year, when I could not afford tuition. I failed the entire year. Kids learned almost nothing. The upside is that the next year, when they went back to school, they were not far behind their classmates at all. Turns out they don't learn that much in school either.

I have ideas for you, but in deference to your request, I'll keep them to myself. Smile

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 1:17 am
My daughter does gymnastics during her phone call. It’s boring and there’s no way for a teacher to know who is engaged and who is bored at of her skull or who is lost and cannot follow along. I am ok with her listening with one ear while doing a handstand.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 9:26 am
If I was feeling fine, I would care, but since I don’t, I don’t care. As long as they’re not bothering me and allowing me to rest.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 9:31 am
our kids principal said himself on a lecture to the parent body that the reason why they are doing the video calls is in order to get the kids a connection to their teacher/classmates and to give them some sense of structure/normalcy. If it's stressing a parent out they should just drop it. The kids will be fine.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 9:35 am
I have a teens who has no interest in cracking open a Sefer. He does me a favor and he learns for 20-30 minutes most days and the rest of the sits around saying he’s bored

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:26 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
I have a teens who has no interest in cracking open a Sefer. He does me a favor and he learns for 20-30 minutes most days and the rest of the sits around saying he’s bored

Maybe show him this list and see if anything floats his boat: https://www.imamother.com/foru.....85619

He might really like this entertaining and educational course, for example: https://www.chabad.org/multime.....l.htm

Many of the Torah Live courses are also fun to watch and great learning.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling