Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Keeping kids ages 3-6 busy

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 1:06 am
I’m looking specifically for things they can do independently. Besides for watching. Any educational apps for preschoolers? Other ideas?

thegiver

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 11:15 pm
My kids love card games like snap and set juinor etc

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 12:10 am
We paint.
Bake.
Chase squirrels outside (we go on a walk everyday! If it's raining we drive)
Read books
I play with him on the floor with his toys
Color

behappy2

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 8:27 am
I'm trying to teach my 4 year old how to look ay books by herself. I have tried to reward her-after 15 minutes of looking at books mommy will play with you.

I think a lot of it is training kids to play by themselves and being ok with some destruction that comes from allowing them to be independent. There really isn't any one thing that will occupy them more than others, though my daughter does keep herself busy a lot with her dolls.

Rappel

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 8:30 am
You're all amazing.

My children have developed wonderful imaginations these past few weeks, with the result that we now have a broken dresser, many broken toys, and their beds are taken apart daily, and I have to ditch their toy shelf because I keep catching them climbing it as part of their "makolet" game. (It's a 16 cube open shelf, and apparently the blueberry pie only gets stored on the top ones.)

But they're entertaining themselves, right? Hiding TMI

Last edited by Rappel on Wed, Apr 01 2020, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

behappy2

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 8:32 am
Rappel wrote:
You're all amazing. My children have developed wonderful imaginations these past few weeks, with the result that we now have a broken dresser, many broken toys, and their beds are taken apart daily, and I have to ditch their toy shelf because I keep catching them climbing it as part of their "makolet" game. (It's a 16 cube open shelf, and apparently the blueberry pie only gets stored on the top ones.)

But they're entertaining themselves, right? : hiding

Their hidden talents are coming out. My kids are unfortunately not that talented Very Happy

Rappel

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 8:33 am
behappy2 wrote:
Their hidden talents are coming out. My kids are unfortunately not that talented Very Happy

Lol! Thank you for saying that, behappy. At this point, if I could lock them in a zoo, I would. LOL I just can't keep up with the madness.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics