Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Another price to pay.. concerned about my son

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:41 am
My son is developmentally delayed -- he was also born without full lung capacity so he is immuno compromised . In the last 2 weeks all his 3 therapies a week have been cancelled. His feeding clinic is cancelled . His respite visits are cancelled which means no breaks for me. We have finally progressed to some oral drinking and not just tube and now because of this we have to go back 5 steps. We have spent months and thousands to make the progress that we have. Just so frustrating and sad to watch him regress. I don't know what I want . I can't give him the care he needs with my other kids home with our help . Just scared what damage this will cause in the long term

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:51 am
DH owns a home therapy company, and he is now offering teletherapy. Ask your therapists if they can do it, it’s not like in-person but there is lots they can do via video conferencing.

Cookiegirl

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:32 pm
I just wanted to acknowledge this very distressing situation. Wishing you only nachas from your little boy, and that he reaches many more milestones b'karov

Rappel

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:34 pm
Oh, OP, hugs!!!!

thriver

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:37 pm
Oyyy we’ve just got to keep davening. May Hashem bring the Geulah soon!

Number one thing OP, you can feel sad, but not guilty. This is out of your control. I’ll have your son in mind when I daven. ❤️

imasinger

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:48 pm
I'm so sorry, OP.

Is there anything we can do from afar? Any chizuk we can offer?

cbsp

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:57 pm
Oy, OP, I feel for you.

My now 8yo DS was born premie with a CCAM. I'm not sure how we would've handled this situation 8 years ago as we relied heavily on all the supporting therapies, services, and appointments. What do all the assorted professionals recommend you do doing this time?

May Hashem help you and your family.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics