Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Laziest/ Funniest Shortcut you take
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Rappel

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 9:00 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
A dig eating off the floor is not feeding your kids directly on the floor. Why not give then the bottom of shoes to lick?

Because their shoes and socks are covered in chicken poop from the garden, but the floor gets cleaned by the dog daily? Smile

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 9:40 am
Okay whoah, I didn’t think this would be such a controversial thing!

To clarify, even though cobalt probably still won’t agree:

- We don’t actually have a dog. Or any other pet.
- I clean and sweep the floor every single day, usually many many times.
- My kids, as I said, are 4, 2, and 2. Try to go one meal or snack without them picking something up off the floor and eating it!
- I do not serve them meals on the floor, this was a one time game inspired by my aggravation over yet ANOTHER mess before 9am. It was dry cereal on a newly swept floor, I wanted them to pick up the mess so I upped my chances of cooperation by allowing them to eat the cereal pieces.
- My 2yo daughter asked if we could play Puppies again that afternoon and I told her that Puppies is a special occasion game, we don’t normally eat like that.

Not that I think this explanation will change anything for someone who disagrees so much, but for what it’s worth, here it is.

I have friends who are both doctors who turned down a top preschool for being too extreme with cleanliness (this was years ago, not during any illness outbreak). They said too much washing and sanitizing isn’t healthy either in the long run.

In the words of Beyoncé: “God made dirt, and dirt don’t hurt.”

Rappel

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 9:56 am
Thanks, Kiwi.

And to clarify on my part:

My kids are neither suckling on poop-covered toes, nor washing down their morning milk with dog drool.

They do occasionally eat dirt, plants, and other odd things, and they're happier for it.

I think Kiwi's solution was brilliant.

In a normally clean house, it would be ridiculous to throw out a whole box of Cheerios just because it spilled. If your floor is that dirty, then please clean your floor.

And if you're going to go anonymous and attack everyone else for being disgusting, then I'm going to troll you right back.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 10:11 am
Kiwi13 wrote:
Okay whoah, I didn’t think this would be such a controversial thing!

To clarify, even though cobalt probably still won’t agree:

- We don’t actually have a dog. Or any other pet.
- I clean and sweep the floor every single day, usually many many times.
- My kids, as I said, are 4, 2, and 2. Try to go one meal or snack without them picking something up off the floor and eating it!
- I do not serve them meals on the floor, this was a one time game inspired by my aggravation over yet ANOTHER mess before 9am. It was dry cereal on a newly swept floor, I wanted them to pick up the mess so I upped my chances of cooperation by allowing them to eat the cereal pieces.
- My 2yo daughter asked if we could play Puppies again that afternoon and I told her that Puppies is a special occasion game, we don’t normally eat like that.

Not that I think this explanation will change anything for someone who disagrees so much, but for what it’s worth, here it is.

I have friends who are both doctors who turned down a top preschool for being too extreme with cleanliness (this was years ago, not during any illness outbreak). They said too much washing and sanitizing isn’t healthy either in the long run.

In the words of Beyoncé: “God made dirt, and dirt don’t hurt.”

Too add to this- I had a conversation once with an infectious diseases Dr and asked about hygiene standards (this was for a kid that was constantly getting sick and I wanted to know how often we need to sanitize the house etc) you know what she said? And I thought it was a brilliant answer!
Just like every house will have its bedtime rules and what kind of food - healthy etc they eat, and how you discipline your kids- same with cleaning. So no, she didn’t make me turn the house over and when that kid (a toddler) eats off the floor I turn a blind eye.
And everyone is happy 😊

yo'ma

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 10:35 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:

And my best lazy hack is to reuse the same set of linen after washing. so no folding and I have no choice but to put it back on the bed instead of having it sit around till I can fold & put away.
ETA; shh don’t tell my mother I don’t iron it.
Mom, hope you’re not reading this.

People actually iron their linen??? I know I’m not the neatest or the most tidy, but isn’t that a bit OCD?

Rappel

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 10:40 am
yo'ma wrote:
People actually iron their linen??? I know I’m not the neatest or the most tidy, but isn’t that a bit OCD?

Lol. It must be left over from the times when linen was actually made of linen.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 10:42 am
mamma llama wrote:
My laziest shortcut is that I don't have patience to clean 5 bowls when I'm baking/cooking, so I take a big disposable pan and just do whatever I have to do in there.
When I'm finished, it goes in the garbage and there's almost nothing to clean!

I used this tip this morning. Thanks!!

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 10:47 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:

Or bags. Or plastic plates.
I haven’t used a cutting board in forever...

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 10:48 am
Rappel wrote:
Lol. It must be left over from the times when linen was actually made of linen.

I don’t iron my linen (I spray it), but cotton linen gets creased as well..

rosezee

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 10:48 am
Kiwi13 wrote:
My 2yo son dumped everyone's cereal on the floor. I immediately asked my kids (ages 4, 2, and 2), "who wants to play "Puppies?" and explained that puppies eat off the floor. It was a double win, because they probably ate more breakfast that way than they usually do.

(For the germaphobes among us.... they eat stuff off the floor all day long anyway, we are properly socially distancing and nobody else comes over, so it's their own gosh darn germs on that floor to begin with!)

Lmaoooo
I do this with my newly crawling baby
Call her the vacuum cleaner
Let her loose to clean up the spills she and her sister made
(It’s sanitary our floors are clean don’t worrrrry)

rosezee

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 10:54 am
Rappel wrote:
You should probably not come to my house then. TMI

I'm so lazy, that I give my dog all the household leftovers/spills, and then I just wipe up after. Best vacuum ever!

I've been making my kids sort laundry in exchange for potato chips.

And I usually let the dishes pile up until they get nice and tall, and then one evening a week I dance to "what doesn't kill you make you stronger" and wash them all at once.

I wish my house were cleaner, but I'm not holding at that madrega right now!

🤣🤣🤣

After a shabbos meal with guests I actually use my dog as the dishwasher. He cleans all the dishes by licking them. I let them air dry and put them out for guests again.

Everyone compliments how shiny and clean my dishes are!

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 11:10 am
zohar wrote:
This thread reminds me of Frank Gilbreth of Cheaper by the Dozen. He was an efficiency expert. And when a company or factory hired him as a consultant he would instruct them to direct him to the laziest worker so that he can learn efficiency tips from him. LOL

His wife, Liilian Moller Gilbreth had a PhD I believe in ergonomics.
https://www.amazon.com/As-Reme.....61865
and Making Time by Jane Lancaster

Back to tips: bags. Mix salads in zipper bags. I watched a relative mix kugel in a bag, it was awesome. I also buy produce bags in bulk. I open them and spray them and spread them over batters I want to smooth down, among many wonderful uses.

cbsp

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 11:25 am
PinkFridge wrote:
His wife, Liilian Moller Gilbreth had a PhD I believe in ergonomics.
https://www.amazon.com/As-Reme.....61865
and Making Time by Jane Lancaster

Thank you for this info! Cheaper by the Dozen and Belles in their Toes were possibly my favorite books. I had no idea she had a PhD.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 11:48 am
I hope this thread isn't public.

Rappel

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 11:57 am
rosezee wrote:
🤣🤣🤣

After a shabbos meal with guests I actually use my dog as the dishwasher. He cleans all the dishes by licking them. I let them air dry and put them out for guests again.

Everyone compliments how shiny and clean my dishes are!

Rosezee, you take the (dog) biscuit! LOL LOL LOL

Rappel

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 12:08 pm

I know what you mean!

I was shocked when I learned that chickens poop too. Big smeary puddles everywhere.

I hope the non-Jewish stalkers on this site won't judge us too harshly for it. Surprised

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 12:11 pm

Why not? It’s a bunch of down to earth, real mothers finding the light side of some otherwise overwhelming chores. Most of whom are cheering each other on. 😊

It’s okay if you disagree with some things. Nobody is saying you have to do the same as anyone else.

mamma llama

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 1:29 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:

Yay! Now there's two of us! Very Happy

mamma llama

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 1:32 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Or bags. Or plastic plates.
I haven’t used a cutting board in forever...

I'm with you on cutting boards. No matter how much I clean them, they still look dirty!

GOODMOM

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 1:51 pm
My teenage daughter tried the following;
She decided peeling potatoes for Kugel was too time consuming. So she used the washed potatoes. Kugel was not bad but I wouldn't let her do it again.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics