Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Are Bkly Supermarkets w. "Senior Hours" working efficiently?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 6:00 pm
Are Bklyn Supermarkets w. "Senior Hours" working efficiently?

Whats the experience like?

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 6:42 pm
Not over 65. Went to Moshe’s today which had senior hour 7-8. When I got there at 8. They were only letting 5 people in at a time. The only people coming out we’re “seniors” who were joking of their advantage of being older. It seems like it was working
That being said my mother’s doc still advised against senior hour cause they can also be carriers

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 7:01 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Not over 65. Went to Moshe’s today which had senior hour 7-8. When I got there at 8. They were only letting 5 people in at a time. The only people coming out we’re “seniors” who were joking of their advantage of being older. It seems like it was working
That being said my mother’s doc still advised against senior hour cause they can also be carriers

If seniors cant go to their children for Pesach bec its dangerous to be around kids, how are they supposed to get what they need without ever stepping foot in a supermarket or houseware store? No one will do everything for them, and you cant get everything delivered.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 7:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If seniors cant go to their children for Pesach bec its dangerous to be around kids, how are they supposed to get what they need without ever stepping foot in a supermarket or houseware store? No one will do everything for them, and you cant get everything delivered.

Almost everything is available for delivery in terms of being able to live nutritiously on it. It may not be gourmet but you wouldn't go hungry.

Also there are volunteers who are available to pickup food and deliver it to those who don't want to venture out because of age or health complications. I know there is a WhatsApp group in Los Angeles that is putting together volunteers and those who need the services.

There are commercial delivery services available in many locations like Instacart. Large supermarkets also have delivery services. These tend to be very booked so you need to plan a week ahead.

If all else fails, take advantage of the senior hours - be scrupulous with your hygiene in terms of using sanitizer and wipes on everything you touch. Do NOT touch your face until you get home.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries