Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Iso urn that doesn't need to be toveled

blueberrypie

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:27 pm
I need a new urn for Pesach, but all the stores that might have it are closed now and Amazon won't deliver until after Pesach! I was thinking of Prochef, but any brand of decent quality that doesn't need to be toveled woud be good at this point. I'm in Flatbush and would really appreciate any ideas!!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:34 pm
So.. I tried to find and then someone reminded me... Only 1 day shabbos we need...yom tov can heat water... So shabbos have cold coffee...lol?
Moisha's might have, though

ddmom

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:09 pm
Just pointing out that I got a standing urn that lasted me for years( 20?) Then it literally cracked in half a couple of weeks before my son's aufruf. We got those pumping urns no toiveling needed, the pump broke less than a year later the whole thing died a couple of years later, I was very unhappy with my purchase! And it was not cheap!
Got one of those standing urn again... we'll see how long it last!

ellacoe

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 12:07 am
I saw a posting from Rabbi Siedman about Pesach this year. He mentioned that this year it is ok not to Tovel before Pesach, because it is a sakana. He gave in depth instructions about being mafker the items in front of three people (not in person, and they can't be relatives to each other or to you.) so that you are not the owner, and have in mind not to be koneh them while using them. After the situation changes you should be koneh the kelim from hefker, he also says to mark the items so that you know to tovel them when it is possible. He said that this is for pots, pans etc. But better not to buy new sets of dishes. Better to use to disposable if you don't have from before.

thanks

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 12:30 am
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
So.. I tried to find and then someone reminded me... Only 1 day shabbos we need...yom tov can heat water... So shabbos have cold coffee...lol?
Moisha's might have, though

You can keep the kettle on the blech.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 4:09 am
Or a big pot of water on the blech and ladle it out.

tp3

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 7:15 am
https://www.amazon.com/Magic-M.....CYQWG

I have this one for a few years already (for chametz).
It comes with shabbos and yomtov settings so maybe it's a Jewish company? I can't remember if we toiveled it or not.

gigi3

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 7:30 am
I’m pretty sure the brand chefman is owned by a Jew so doesn’t need tvilla.

yiddishmom

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 8:57 am
Or you can gift it to a non-jew and borrow it back. When the situation improves you "buy it back" from the non-jew and toivel it then.

Ask your LOR for exact details.

Basya

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 9:18 am
The owner being Jewish has nothing to do with tevilla!! The only way that would work is if 1) the product was actually assembled by a jew. 2) the jewish company owned all of the parts and the product throughout the entire manufacturing process.
a Jewish owner of a company that sources products from factories - does not absolve you from tevilla. Ask your LOR!!

moto

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 10:15 am
Magic mill

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 11:21 am
Order from DB Electronics or The Buzz and make sure it's a no need to toivel brand.

little neshamala

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 11:40 am
OP if you're really desperate you can order from electronic world in new square (they sell ones that dont need to be toiveled)-they deliver throughout monsey. Then maybe you can hire a delivery service to send it to you somehow?

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 11:58 am
CYLOR There may be some heter that allows you to postpone toiveling given the current health crisis. The worst he can do is say no.

Some people also allow year round urns for Pesach. Ask about that as well.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 12:39 pm
In addition, speak to your LOR about kitchen electronics in general. There is an opinion that plug in kitchen appliances that would get ruined from toiveling may not need to be toiveled.

blueberrypie

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 4:27 pm
I found one in Moishas! Thank you for all of the ideas!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars