Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can everyone calm down and stop being mean and bossy?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

small bean

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:50 pm
If you're only obsessing about social distancing because it hit close to home than you're doing this wrong.

Either you need to social distance because it is the right thing to do or you are being just selfish and judgemental.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:50 pm
small bean wrote:
I don't know why it matters more that it is Jewish people. While it is sad for us. It doesn't make it more terrible than if that was in a non jewish area.

I don't know how many people die from flu in NY per day. But about 250 people per day in the US. That is with meds and a flu shot. If were doing 250 deaths a day for corona in the US before a vaccine and meds.

I rest my case.
Stay in denial for the rest of your life, I don't care.
I am not wasting any more energy on arguing with you.
May HaShem save us all.
Have a happy Pesach.
(Good luck finding an open store to shop in. Haha)

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:51 pm
small bean wrote:
If you're only obsessing about social distancing because it hit close to home than you're doing this wrong.

Either you need to social distance because it is the right thing to do or you are being just selfish and judgemental.

No. Im followingn the rules regardless.

Just showing you how bad this is. With every new name I hear my anxiety goes spiraling through the roof. this is SCARY TIMES. it's not the 'flu'.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:52 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Here's some of the names I heard today. My anxiety is through the roof.

All around I heard about the following ppl who Niftar:

Stanislaver Rav of London, r' uri Ashkenazi
R' Romi Cohen, a famous mohel who survived Communist Russia
R Avraham yechiel Kraus of Montreal
R' Yeshaya Englard, Son of Radziner Rebbe of BP
Rav Benchamu, a posek in Paris

Mr. Kraus was perfectly fine 3 days ago. He started to feel unwell 2 days ago, Yesterday, his condition suddenly worsened and he was transported to the hospital. He was niftar several hours later, his family unable to be with him for his last moments. His family is in shock and the entire Montreal community is grieving. He was a wonderful man. His wife and children are amazing people. I cried myself to sleep last night.

small bean

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:57 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
No. Im followingn the rules regardless.

Just showing you how bad this is. With every new name I hear my anxiety goes spiraling through the roof. this is SCARY TIMES. it's not the 'flu'.

It's not about the flu. Corona is not a flu and never was. Fyi this is not the first corona.

My point was don't stand on ceremony
if you didn't even blink about the flu deaths. Car deaths. Or the 1.5mm who died this year worldwide from tuberculosis.

You have no right to judge the choices other people make. And neither does anyone else have a right.

I don't care what anyone does for yom tov. I don't think I get to judge.

I'm just horrified by people being do judgemental and blaming others when there is no data to assume anyone did anything right or wrong.

small bean

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:58 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I rest my case.
Stay in denial for the rest of your life, I don't care.
I am not wasting any more energy on arguing with you.
May HaShem save us all.
Have a happy Pesach.
(Good luck finding an open store to shop in. Haha)

My father has a grocery store so im set in any case... thanks though.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:59 pm
I'm not the one judging. If you go back a few pages I was the one who said that a 22 yr old newlywed can be at her 42 yr old parents' pesach seder.

But blanketly flouting the rules and breaking the lockdown bc 'every man for himself' is very self centered way of thinking.

small bean

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:03 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I'm not the one judging. If you go back a few pages I was the one who said that a 22 yr old newlywed can be at her 42 yr old parents' pesach seder.

But blanketly flouting the rules and breaking the lockdown bc 'every man for himself' is very self centered way of thinking.

I'm not breaking rules either nor am I advocating for that. I'm advocating for people to allow others to make choices.

These choices are so individual and the tone even from medical staff here is horrible amd not reflective of the real world at all.

Honestly, I would never want someone who talks this way to treat me. The attitude is horrible.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:09 pm
small bean wrote:
I'm sorry a secretary in a doctors office is taking a risk. People come in with all kinds if contagious air borne illnesses all the time. I think it is great people who made this their profession. But to pretend you are not alwaya at risk of contagious disease is silly. This is not the first contagious disease. There have been contagious diseses forever. I'm happy you didn't think about it until now.

ETA. My sister is a nurse at a regular clinic in Israel and has caught many things over tgr years. Routinely gets bloodwork donw to check for immunity. And is not complaining now nor does she think all these lockdowns will make her less at risk for anything.

I don’t have time to read a 9 page thread but shame on you!! That is the most selfish, entitled thing I’ve heard today. Yes, doctors put their lives on the line for YOU. How would you like having an emergency and not having a doctor care for you ch”v because “he put his life on the line and died”. You should be embarrassed to say such a thing in middle of a pandemic. You clearly have no value for life and don’t understand that in order for all of us to live, we need to appreciate and respect healthcare workers

icedcoffee

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:20 pm
small bean wrote:

Honestly, I would never want someone who talks this way to treat me. The attitude is horrible.

Wowww lol imagine legitimately telling a healthcare worker right now that they're not good enough to deign to treat you.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:21 pm
small bean wrote:
It's not about the flu. Corona is not a flu and never was. Fyi this is not the first corona.

My point was don't stand on ceremony
if you didn't even blink about the flu deaths. Car deaths. Or the 1.5mm who died this year worldwide from tuberculosis.

You have no right to judge the choices other people make. And neither does anyone else have a right.

I don't care what anyone does for yom tov. I don't think I get to judge.

I'm just horrified by people being do judgemental and blaming others when there is no data to assume anyone did anything right or wrong.

A viral WhatsApp post claims that NYers are showing up in Florida, uninvited, as if nothing is new.

small bean

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:38 pm
icedcoffee wrote:
Wowww lol imagine legitimately telling a healthcare worker right now that they're not good enough to deign to treat you.

Honestly, I've done that before to frum nurses. I hate attitude. Even when my grandfather was dying, I made sure his nurses were nice and compassionate when I was there. I've had more than one taken off his room rotation.

I'm sorry just because you're a medical professional does not give you the right to preach.

small bean

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:40 pm
southernbubby wrote:
A viral WhatsApp post claims that NYers are showing up in Florida, uninvited, as if nothing is new.

I know people from lakewood who are now in florida. Who are you or I to judge them?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:50 pm
A Satmar Monsey young 39 yr old, no prior medical history, isolated when he caught the virus, succumbed today to covid19. He leaves behind a young wife who gave birth 5 weeks ago and 5 more young children.

ora_43

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:51 pm
small bean wrote:
I know people from lakewood who are now in florida. Who are you or I to judge them?

Fellow human beings who have to live with the consequences of their terrible decisions?

It's like saying "who are you to judge that guy for parking across three parking spaces" or "who are you to judge that woman for letting her dog **** all over the sidewalk and just leaving it there." Except, you know, with human lives at stake, not just mild annoyance.

Judgment is the natural reaction when someone knowingly, deliberately does something that benefits themselves at the expense of the people around them.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 4:10 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
I don't agree with you. Now is not the time to gather for Yomtov! There are so many health care workers who are putting their lives on the line every day for us, that to disregard the advice from the medical establishment is an aveirah. Ask any Rav.

You are only required to do your OWN hishtadlus.
what someone else does or doesnt do is none of your business.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 4:28 pm
small bean wrote:

Well, you or I can't judge them although I have already proven that I have a right to be mean and bossy. However, the folks in Florida don't have to appreciate their unwanted guests. Do they have a right to judge them? Do they have a right to say "go back where you belong so that your vacation doesn't chas v'sholem kill us"?

southernbubby

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 4:31 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:

Of course they can drill a hole in their end of the boat! It's their part of the boat so it's none of my business!

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:15 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:

What happened to communal responsibility?
Kol Yisrael areivim zeh lazeh?
Lo ta'amod al dam rei'echa?

It certainly is everyone else's business if someone is actively putting someone else in danger.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:35 pm
small bean wrote:

I don't think telling other people what to do is ever okay. The people I talk to don't stand on ceremony about how other people should live their life. If you are social distancing it doesn't matter what others choose to do for yom tov.

I know pleanty of people who are going about their life, whether in medical fields or essential businesses and when I tell them how people here talk they are horrified.

(A) It is okay to tell someone what to do if their actions can harm me.

(B) So your friends in the medical field are horrified? My entire family is doctors, lawyers, and teachers. The doctors among us are taking this extremely seriously, and we are horrified at the selfishness of people who disregard the orders from the government to not travel unless necessary, to quarantine for 14 days if you leave New York, to practice social distancing etc.

Before I allowed my son to get on a plane to come home when his yeshiva closed, we made sure he did not have a fever. If he did have a fever we would not have allowed him to board a plane because he would have been endangering others. He had no fever and has no symptoms, but we are still quarantining him for fourteen days because he traveled from a high-risk area.

Selfishness is the real plague sweeping through our communities, it seems. And it is far more dangerous than covid-19.

Thank you Hashem that I am well educated, and thank you Hashem that I was raised to care about others and not be selfish.
Page 9 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics