Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can everyone calm down and stop being mean and bossy?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

imasinger

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 2:03 pm
If anyone lifts the ban so soon, then the whole reason for the ban will have been pointless. It takes time to flatten the curve.

There are a lot of politicians saying some things one day, then getting convinced of the seriousness of the situation and saying completely different things the next.

keym

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 2:09 pm
imasinger wrote:
If anyone lifts the ban so soon, then the whole reason for the ban will have been pointless. It takes time to flatten the curve.

There are a lot of politicians saying some things one day, then getting convinced of the seriousness of the situation and saying completely different things the next.

Personally, I think the bans are only able to be enforced as long as people aren't panicking about food.
To that end, I would encourage everyone to donate to their local food banks and Tomchei Shabbos as much as possible.
Because let's face it. Hungry people or those who are scared of going hungry are much harder to contain and convince to listen to reason.

small bean

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 2:09 pm
In NJ the ban was put in originally until march 31. We will see on april 1.

If meds actually work like they are being reported to by doctors on the frontlines then a lockdown will be pointless

Cheiny

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 2:17 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Because I am one of those health care workers whose life is being put at risk.

Because everytime someone does one of those things, MY chances of being exposed increases, no matter how careful I am with PPE (which are in short supply) and taking every precaution that I can.

Because your desire to enjoy yourself trumps my right to safety.

Thank you for your service. Stay healthy and safe.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 2:19 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I am not able to find where Cuomo said he's lifting the restrictions food the thing and healthy in 12 days. Provide a link.

It's incredibly selfish and stupid to plan a Pesach get together. It makes Jews look like they are flaunting the law - rules don't apply. Get over it and skip Pesach gatherings beyond family who lives on the same house.

I watch my neighbors all going back and forth between houses and am disgusted that they can follow rules designed to save lives.

I think u meant to say flouting the law-not flaunting

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 2:25 pm
small bean wrote:
I'm sorry a secretary in a doctors office is taking a risk. People come in with all kinds if contagious air borne illnesses all the time. I think it is great people who made this their profession. But to pretend you are not alwaya at risk of contagious disease is silly. This is not the first contagious disease. There have been contagious diseses forever. I'm happy you didn't think about it until now.

ETA. My sister is a nurse at a regular clinic in Israel and has caught many things over tgr years. Routinely gets bloodwork donw to check for immunity. And is not complaining now nor does she think all these lockdowns will make her less at risk for anything.

Wow, you are digging in deeper. Iy"h you never need the services of those you disrespect. Sounds like some unresolved sibling rivalry.

Also, please send a link to the news that only you are aware of. Amazing that if governor Cuomo said this that it didn't make headlines. Are you sure it wasn't Fredo Cuomo who said this?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 2:43 pm
So, you don't seem to care about the lives of health workers? How about the lives of your parents? Do you care about that. Lifting the social distancing thing means that they decided the economy is more worth than the lives of our elderly and sick. Don't get so excited. Reign it in, a bit. If you actually don't care, the least you can do is pretend.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 2:46 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Thank you for your service. Stay healthy and safe.

Thank you 😊

small bean

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 2:47 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
So, you don't seem to care about the lives of health workers? How about the lives of your parents? Do you care about that. Lifting the social distancing thing means that they decided the economy is more worth than the lives of our elderly and sick. Don't get so excited. Reign it in, a bit. If you actually don't care, the least you can do is pretend.

I care about everyone's life. I don't think anyone's life is more at rik today th a yesterday. This is still a tiny killer compared to cars and I don't see cars being banned.

I don't think healthcare workers are more likely to die today than 2 months ago.

I think this is fear driving the attitude and not reality.

ora_43

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 2:47 pm
small bean wrote:
Being a healthcare worker means putting your life at risk. It was a choice you made when you went into this field. I think healthcare workers are heroes but don't complain that your life is at risk.

That... but...

What?

Of course it's a risk. And yes, healthcare workers took on that risk, as well as hard working hours and in many cases an extremely intense training program.

That doesn't give the rest of us the right to make it harder than it has to be. That's what people are upset about. Not the unavoidable risk posed by patients who got sick despite their best efforts, but the risk people are choosing to expose medical staff to because they don't think it's a big deal.

And really - have they not given enough?? Doctors and nurses are working 12-hour shifts in hard, stressful conditions, they're sleeping apart from their spouses and avoiding their children just in case they caught the virus. The rest of us can feel secure that if we get sick, they'll be there to try to save our lives. What, on top of that they're supposed to smile and say "thank you" if we make their lives harder?

ora_43

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 2:50 pm
small bean wrote:
I care about everyone's life. I don't think anyone's life is more at rik today th a yesterday. This is still a tiny killer compared to cars and I don't see cars being banned.

I don't think healthcare workers are more likely to die today than 2 months ago.

If there's any one group that is not given to unreasonable fear about medical stuff, it's hospital staff.

But OK, this is already very different from saying that if there's a risk they should be OK with that.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 3:00 pm
small bean wrote:
In NJ the ban was put in originally until march 31. We will see on april 1.

If meds actually work like they are being reported to by doctors on the frontlines then a lockdown will be pointless

The study that "proved" that was done on only 20 people. It was a lousy study. Don't gamble your life on that.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 3:05 pm
small bean wrote:

If we had fifty injury accidents per day per hospital and the ICUs were overflowing and school gyms were being turned into hospital units for accident victims and walking outside our doors might make us victims, wouldn't we be afraid?
Two months ago, there were not as many cases in the US

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 3:11 pm
keym wrote:
Personally, I think the bans are only able to be enforced as long as people aren't panicking about food.
To that end, I would encourage everyone to donate to their local food banks and Tomchei Shabbos as much as possible.
Because let's face it. Hungry people or those who are scared of going hungry are much harder to contain and convince to listen to reason.

I agree. We are having trouble getting food. I will probably have to go to 3 different grocery stores this week with the hope of getting enough eggs for us to manage with. Kind of hard to be in lockdown like that.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 3:26 pm
Please everyone stop. Yes it is very scary right now. But the reactions are even more frightening. Please go only where you must go. And if family does have to move in then it should be for 2-3 weeks. Not just for part of yom tov. And no trips to stores with everyone. Many people live in areas with large houses and acres of land. In such a case if parents move in ( to a guest suite) or children to parents it is possible if they stay in that house and don’t go back home for a few weeks.
And to all those in the frontline- thank you, thank you, thank you.

small bean

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 3:46 pm
Wow, you are digging in deeper. Iy"h you never need the services of those you disrespect. Sounds like some unresolved sibling rivalry.

Also, please send a link to the news that only you are aware of. Amazing that if governor Cuomo said this that it didn't make headlines. Are you sure it wasn't Fredo Cuomo who said this?

You missed my point. It was praise for my sister. I expect people on the front lines to be better than what I'm reading here

small bean

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 3:50 pm
southernbubby wrote:
If we had fifty injury accidents per day per hospital and the ICUs were overflowing and school gyms were being turned into hospital units for accident victims and walking outside our doors might make us victims, wouldn't we be afraid?
Two months ago, there were not as many cases in the US

First of all. There has been one study with 100 people and another with 40.

Dozens of people here in the US have been treated this way and are saying miracles in 24 hours.

Thirdly 1.25million people a year die in car accidents avg 3287 deaths a day. A lot more than 50 people.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 3:59 pm
small bean wrote:

You are completely clueless about what's going on besides being selfish.

I sincerely hope that no one believes the garbage you are posting. You make up facts. Show me where Cuomo said the ban is being lifted for youngpeople.

quote="small bean"]You missed my point. It was praise for my sister. I expect people on the front lines to be better than what I'm reading here[/quote]

The people on the front lines are not posting here. They are on the front lines risking their life for ingrates who have no respect for their lives.

I expect Jewish women to have more kindness. You make up facts and insult healthcare providers.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 4:05 pm
small bean wrote:
This is supposed to be over in 12 days. Cuomo said today that he is likely to stop the lockdown for the young and healthy. Pesach is 3 weeks away, very likely you will be able to go to family.

And if I don't mind having guest for pesach and we will all stay inside, why would anyone care?

I live OOT. Our governor is saying to shelter in place for the next 3 weeks. So I don't think I'll be getting together with married kids in town, even if we've been safe for 2+ weeks after being exposed.

imasinger

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 4:10 pm
The people on the front lines are not posting here. They are on the front lines risking their life for ingrates who have no respect for their lives.

I expect Jewish women to have more kindness. You make up facts and insult healthcare providers.

Deep breaths.

I disagree emphatically with small bean about how serious this is, but I promise you, she wasn't insulting health care workers.
Page 2 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics