Home

Pickled Corned Beef instead of Roast-store delivery,now what

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:19 pm
I ordered 2 roasts from the store and I received 2 Pickled Corned Beefs, my plan was to put in oven in apple juice with cut onions. We are really restricted on what ingredients we can use, no ketchup bec tomatoes are not peeled, etc. Please help with corned beef recipe and instructions. My during the year corned beef recipe will not work for Pesach!
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I ordered 2 roasts from the store and I received 2 Pickled Corned Beefs, my plan was to put in oven in apple juice with cut onions. We are really restricted on what ingredients we can use, no ketchup bec tomatoes are not peeled, etc. Please help with corned beef recipe and instructions. My during the year corned beef recipe will not work for Pesach!

Corned beef is delicious just boiled until tender! Serve hot salty slices. Yum.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:27 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Corned beef is delicious just boiled until tender! Serve hot salty slices. Yum.


Thx. My family likes some extra sauce or taste to it, I once did it this way and they weren't happy.
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thx. My family likes some extra sauce or taste to it, I once did it this way and they weren't happy.

Tell us what ingredients you have available to use for a sauce. And how you usually enjoy it during the year.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:42 pm
during the year I use oil, mustard, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar

I'll post soon about which ingredients are not ok, I know ketchup is a problem, I am not sure about mustard and vinegar. my MIL makes all her roasts with just apple juice and onions.
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:44 pm
Make a duck sauce.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....77421
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:55 pm
I could use duck sauce, is that ok to cook on corned beef?
Back to top

amother




Mustard
 

Post  Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I could use duck sauce, is that ok to cook on corned beef?


You’d boil it as package directions then glaze it with the duck sauce and bake or Broil it jn the oven to seal the glaze.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Mods: can you lock threads instead of disappearing them? 11 Wed, Jun 03 2020, 6:27 pm View last post
Recipe for beef stew in the oven? 2 Wed, Jun 03 2020, 10:21 am View last post
Help! Need recipe for pickled tongue SAUCE no brown sugar
by amother
5 Sun, May 31 2020, 3:38 pm View last post
Mishpacha shavuous home delivery
by amother
6 Thu, May 28 2020, 2:30 pm View last post
Products to invest in instead of cleaning help
by amother
61 Thu, May 28 2020, 8:40 am View last post

Jump to: