Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
When exposed, 100% chance of contracting covid19?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 6:54 pm
IMHO, EVERYONE has been exposed already. The social distancing recommendation was a little too little a little too late. Does it translate into EVERYONE actually exhibiting symptoms?

Elfrida

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 7:06 pm
Not everyone who was exposed will actually contract the virus. Some people have immune systems that will succeed in fighting it off.

Some people will develop asymptomatic cases, and while the virus is in their body, they will not develop any symptoms.

Of course, without testing we don't know who these people are.

lavenderchimes

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 8:22 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Not everyone who was exposed will actually contract the virus. Some people have immune systems that will succeed in fighting it off.

Some people will develop asymptomatic cases, and while the virus is in their body, they will not develop any symptoms.

Of course, without testing we don't know who these people are.

This. It's not 100% given that you will become infected or become sick if you do get infected.

Simple1

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 8:50 pm
I'd also like to know. The CDC doesn't make it seem as catchy as they say it is, unless I'm misunderstanding. Can someone explain?
https://www.cdc.gov/coronaviru......html

ETA It says it's very contagious, but not mainly spread thru surfaces and asymptomatic people, although it is possible. Unlike what I read elsewhere.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 9:47 pm
There are diff levels of exposure. Much more likely to get sick from being sneezed or coughed on than by touching a doorknob, subway pole, elevator button, etc.
Also the potency of the virus decreases over time.
And it depends on how well you can fight it off.
I spent time with someone who tested positive but I have yet to show any symptoms- it's been 14 days since I last saw her. Please Hashem keep me healthy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics