Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Reb Zanvel Zevulun Zvilowitz's guide to Pesach 2020
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:18 pm
Wow!
I'm trying to catch up here. I have so many things to say.
I'm just in awe and totally overwhelmed to respond.
but the main thing I can say is that you are totally bringing moshiach now!

and so from the bottom of my heart- a HUGE yasher koach

(its a little hard for me to be on ima when my rabbi is home)

oh, and a quick question for harav rav ZZZZ- does k'vod harav thing that lack of Kovid in him was what ch'v caused a COVID pandemic? I think some people here were pogea on his kovid by questioning your minhagim... also what does he think of the covid19 connection in terms of shemona esra (19 brachos)? does he suggest we daven shemona esra now for 19 hours each?

Last edited by amother on Tue, Mar 30 2021, 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:34 pm
top mom wrote:
And toothpicks, witch kitty, toothpicks are the ultimate pesach tool, according to you-know-who.
I bought a case, just in... case

Oh, one more quick thing before I go throw in laundry so my lechtiga kinderlach have what to wear tomorrow ( I wasn’t blessed with such geshikta kids as you. My fault- it’s not in my genes as you- your 👖 keh. I see how you do immediately post birth so....)
Anyway, oh yeah- kinda lost my train of thought there.
I have a qtip gemach in case you run out.
(I do it for a Zechus to be blessed with quads. Blushing ☺️)

Last edited by amother on Tue, Mar 30 2021, 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total

top mom

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:15 am
Gamzeyavor, that's what 4 year olds are for!
My Zealous Zilpah is in charge of all the laundry.
Some discoloration happens here and there (oy! Remembering the hot pink sweatshirt in the white load fiasco Can't Believe It ), but we mainly have decent clothing to wear.
Covid / kavod .... Hmmmm, something to discuss with Zevulun'le , because he is DEFINITELY NOT getting the kavod he deserves and is expecting.

crust

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:31 am
top mom wrote:
Gamzeyavor, that's what 4 year olds are for!
My Zealous Zilpah is in charge of all the laundry.
Some discoloration happens here and there (oy! Remembering the hot pink sweatshirt in the white load fiasco Can't Believe It ), but we mainly have decent clothing to wear.
Covid / kavod .... Hmmmm, something to discuss with Zevulun'le , because he is DEFINITELY NOT getting the kavod he deserves and is expecting.

Are you communicating at all right now?
I wonder how strict he is with the quarantine.

You can throw him in a kosher phone covered with a net bag or you can crawl up a ladder and talk to him with sign language at his closed window.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:34 am
Just want to add on that my Machmir Meshulem Mishegasim loves your ZZZ’s idea to go into self isolation for the benefit of his ishah chashuvah and kinderlach- I even convinced him to wear headphones so he could b there undisturbed.
Now, he thinks it’s such beautiful chinuch and we should keep our 10 under age 4 kids home minimum 4 weeks before each Chag 🤯

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:45 am
top mom wrote:
Jewish Foodie, if you read my post, you should have noticed that I had quadruplets like, a week ago!
The doctor told me to take bc for a year ( I googled it, had no clue what it was), since I had a C-section, ZZZ is obviously machmir and said that 6 weeks is plenty.
But I'm not up to... being.... with him YET.
And yes, that should be a priority in a yiddishe mishpacha!

I’m actually surprised zzz is ok with you googling & nuch terms like bc? 😮 where’s your filter? Can't Believe It Can't Believe It
Hiding Hiding Hiding

Last edited by amother on Tue, Mar 30 2021, 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:48 am
top mom wrote:
Jewish Foodie, I have taken the mussar to heart, how courageous of you to offer advice to one of the smartest, most geshikte woman in klal yisrael!
I will rush to the mikvah tonight, will let you know when I have a positive Wink

Hopefully the positive will only be on a pregnancy test... or else, will you be wearing a hazmat suit at the mikvah for protection?

Last edited by amother on Tue, Mar 30 2021, 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total

top mom

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:53 am
Bronze, that's our ultimate nachas, when other yidden follow our beautiful minhagim!
I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy now Smile
And 10 kids under 4!!!
Wow! What an accomplishment, I'm slightly jealous, hope to catch up soon, any tips?

Crust,we communicate through Skype, kashered by Zanvelation obviously. He also needs the computer to answer important shaylos people are constantly bombarding him with (that's what he told me he,at least, not that I would suspect otherwise, duh!)

crust

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:55 am
top mom wrote:
Bronze, that's our ultimate nachas, when other yidden follow our beautiful minhagim!
I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy now Smile
And 10 kids under 4!!!
Wow! What an accomplishment, I'm slightly jealous, hope to catch up soon, any tips?

Crust,we communicate through Skype, kashered by Zanvelation obviously. He also needs the computer to answer important shaylos people are constantly bombarding him with (that's what he told me he,at least, not that I would suspect otherwise, duh!)

Did it ever dawn upon you that he might watch something inappropriate there?

I'm not being choshed such a holy neshama ch"v but look at the cheating threads here. Its concerning.

top mom

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 1:13 am
CHAS VESHULEM!!! Surprised
Crust, I might ban you from this discussion for even letting this thought enter your mind, it does show a lack in Emunas Tzaddikim, I mean, we're talking about the world renowned ZZZ here!!
I'm positive! that he only uses the laptop for shiurim and shaylos!

crust

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 1:16 am
top mom wrote:
CHAS VESHULEM!!! Surprised
Crust, I might ban you from this discussion for even letting this thought enter your mind, it does show a lack in Emunas Tzaddikim, I mean, we're talking about the world renowned ZZZ here!!
I'm positive! that he only uses the laptop for shiurim and shaylos!

I apologize I'm sorry I'm begging you for mechila.

Was just a thought.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 1:26 am
crust wrote:
I apologize I'm sorry I'm begging you for mechila.

Was just a thought.

מחשבה רע hm?

Last edited by amother on Tue, Mar 30 2021, 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total

crust

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 1:59 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
מחשבה רע hm?

I think I should self isolate myself from this thread as a tsuvas hamishkol for having such a machshava zara.

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:24 am
imasinger wrote:
Rebbetzin, can you share whether one is allowed to say tehillim while nursing, and if not, is it better to bottle feed the quadruplets, or take a little longer to complete the 19 repetitions? Also, how fast can you say over the whole sefer tehillim? Inquiring minds want to know.

Please, if you don't know how to take care of the house, the children, and pesach while davening, you should give your children up to adoption, you are obviously an unfit parent.
I scrub the house while saying tehillim (after the first 200 times you know it by heart) and I always have 2 babies strapped to my breasts with tape, under my clothes of course. I change the babies every hour.

top mom

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 5:42 am
crust wrote:
I think I should self isolate myself from this thread as a tsuvas hamishkol for having such a machshava zara.

Guess what, crust?
Reb. ZZZ paskened that a simpler, more effective teshuva for you would be to simply mail a 19000 $ check to him, because tzedaka?, to a tzaddik?
So happy for you (and me Wink ) that you got this option Very Happy

top mom

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 5:48 am
Witch kitty, you continue impressing me with your multitasking abilities and tzidkus, you're almost on my madreiga!!
Imasinger'le, let me explain something simple:
There are many reasons why people have babies, mine is so that I can say, "I have 9 kids under 6!" to whoever wants to listen (or doesn't) so the quality of care my kids get is irrelevant, my goal was accomplished as soon as they popped out of me, and then I go on to the next batch...
You should learn, oh well.... That's what I'm here for, darling.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 5:53 am
I don't know about all this Tehillim-saying while bottle-feeding. If Yitzchok Avinu nursed, shouldn't my own budding tzadikim nurse too? I don't say Tehillim while I nurse, because I'm afraid I might be touching ervah. Instead I concentrate on holy thoughts and prayers that my children grow to be like their namesakes - that little Melach should be like salt, adding flavor to everyone's lives; that little Tzav only give good orders; and that precious baby Shloshes should always have the advantage of three, peace. (I name my kids straight from the Torah.)

I don't find cleaning for Pesach difficult, we just blow-torch everything, then powder-coat the kitchen since it provides more coverage than foil, and is less likely to tear. By now, everything in the house is fireproof. Whatever isn't gets put in the safe and sold with the chometz before we kasher the house. Obviously we buy new wardrobes for Pesach; you just can't be sure how much chometz was absorbed into the fabric.

We donate all of our seforim to a yeshiva each year, and then buy new, because my husband says it's not kavodik to blowtorch them, but we can't guarantee their kashrus unless we do.

My amazing husband wanted us to take on a new chumra this year, to only breathe filtered air, but all the gas masks were sold out. Thanks a lot, coronavirus. (He says that less than N95 is useless for chometz-breathing.)

So this year's chumrah is going to be that we will not use tap water, in case someone dropped a piece of bread into the reservoir. I'm going to to use reverse osmosis and distill all of my water three times before Pesach, and we'll have water tanks set up in each bathroom and taking up half of my kitchen.

Since we can't have guests this year, my super-special husband is decorating chairs to represent the Ushpizin. He figures that if they come for Sukkos to everyone, they will CERTAINLY come Pesach to people like us. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

Our minhag is to stay up until everyone has finished the Haggadah. Since little Shloshes is still in the babbling stage, I figure we should be finished by Chol Hamoed or so. We've been practicing, and she does sometimes copy me!

I hope all of you lesser people have a nice Pesach too. I'd invite you to join us on the higher plane, but some people say that you shouldn't fly on planes right now, and it's hard to socially distance when there's an extra 7 chairs around our little table that NOBODY may sit in. So Chag Kosher V'Sameiach!

top mom

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 6:23 am
Amother pink, I'm getting all emotional, reading about your beautiful sacrifices for Torah and halacha!
I would say you're on a pretty high plane, you can probably catch a tiny glimpse of us, the uber choshuv Zvilowitzes when you lift your head as far back as you can. I'm not taking responsibility for any stiff necks that occur due to people desperately hoping to be zoche to behold the sight of us, the Z family.

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 6:55 am
top mom wrote:
Witch kitty, you continue impressing me with your multitasking abilities and tzidkus, you're almost on my madreiga!!

I wouldn't want to go down to your madreiga.

top mom

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 6:59 am
WitchKitty wrote:
I wouldn't want to go down to your madreiga.

I hope you didn't mean that!
Rav and rebetzin falling chalushes Pale Pale
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics