Home

Economic Shutdown Is Estimated to Save 600,000 US Lives
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Jeanette

Post  Wed, Mar 25 2020, 7:40 pm
In Judaism there are only three mitzvos that are yehareg ve'al yaavor.

Saving the economy ain't one of them.

(Of course the idiocy is assuming reopening the economy in the midst of a pandemic is gonna work. As Bill Gates said, just ignore that pile of bodies in the corner.)

Laiya

Post  Wed, Mar 25 2020, 7:42 pm
southernbubby wrote:
But total anarchy was becoming the order of the day and ordinary shlemazels have a garage full on n95 masks while hospital personal are doing without. People now own lifetime supplies of toilet paper while others are clogging plumbing systems by using whatever substitute they find.
And everyone lived it up until they were forced to stop and the stories from the hospitals are getting scarier and scarier. I live in Monsey and would be happy if I could go to a safe place like Montana but they would rightfully reject me. I would love to have my freedom back but the price is too high. DH is 68 and has high blood pressure so we hibernate indefinitely.
So should the government back off and let nature take it's course? The hospitals could go back to normal if they refused to admit COVID 19 patients and maybe sanitoriums like what existed for TB patients could be opened up for them except that we are out of ventilators, medicine, masks, sanitizer, disinfectant and toilet paper.

The shortage of PPE is not because of greedy amazon sellers stocking up, although that didn't help. It's a result of our decades of dependence on China for all manufacturing. Which, of course, is exactly what Trump was trying to undo just before this hit.

mig100

Post  Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:31 pm
Jeanette wrote:
In Judaism there are only three mitzvos that are yehareg ve'al yaavor.

Saving the economy ain't one of them.

I didn't have the guts to say this in middle of such a terribly horrific time. Thanks for saying it for me.

My heart breaks for all those who are suffering financially I think of them all the time. I hope hashem will repay them many times over for their personal sacrifice.

I also do wonder if there could have been ways to mitigate the economic damages rather than shutting down business so suddenly

Squishy

Post  Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:12 pm
Laiya wrote:
The shortage of PPE is not because of greedy amazon sellers stocking up, although that didn't help. It's a result of our decades of dependence on China for all manufacturing. Which, of course, is exactly what Trump was trying to undo just before this hit.

One could almost think the Chinease released this virus to get the upper hand in trade negotiations. After all, they threatened to withhold vital items needed to fight the coronavirus and instead they are giving them to countries along with chinease propaganda.

This is the same garbage Democrats are doing. They are pushing their progressive agenda when lives are at stake.

Squishy

Post  Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:22 pm
Amarante wrote:
And for what it is worth, the Democrats added the kinds of provisions that will help the majority of those on imamother such as extended job benefits and restrictions on how bailout money can be used to buy back stock and pay large executive bonuses in lieu of continuing payroll for the actual workers.

I missed it. How does funding the arts at JFK center for millions help the majority of amothers?

How does saddling us with $350,000,000 in debt to help refugees to help the marjory of amothers?

How does all the progressive pork, and it is garbage, help the majority of amothers?

If the majority of the people felt it worked benefit them, then there would be no need to blackmail voting Americans by holding up aid to dying Americans.

itsmeima

Post  Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:49 pm
Squishy wrote:
I missed it. How does funding the arts at JFK center for millions help the majority of amothers?

How does saddling us with $350,000,000 in debt to help refugees to help the marjory of amothers?

How does all the progressive pork, and it is garbage, help the majority of amothers?

If the majority of the people felt it worked benefit them, then there would be no need to blackmail voting Americans by holding up aid to dying Americans.

The bolded is extremely miss leading. It’s to support the employees not the artwork!
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Recent Topics

Page 4 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h