Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Did you know how much eggs costs
Previous  1  2  3  Next

singleagain

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 9:27 pm
I just put in an egg order yesterday. The price for the stores went up by 30$. We can't sell them at a loss. I can ask our guy if he knows why it jumped up. But unfortunately, it just jumped

Optione

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 9:37 pm
mamma llama wrote:
A local grocery where I live announced a limit of 4 dozen eggs and the 5th dozen is $19.99 wondering

ETA: $19.99 is the cost of only the 5th dozen. You still have to pay for the other 4...

That's an illegal % markup. I hope no one is silly enough to buy the 5th dozen.

Eggs always go up Easter time. One store had $2.89, one store had $3.

Last edited by Optione on Tue, Mar 24 2020, 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

leah233

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 9:37 pm
There has to be a major shortage going on because the large grocery store I went to today was completely out of eggs. They have never been out of such a basic staple before. Not even after the hurricanes

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 9:47 pm
Last week I went to another local (not Jewish) chain. That day they also only had medium eggs and they were the same price as the Jewish store. I don't know prices this week.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 9:49 pm
I spoke to a manager at Moishas last week and he said he is having a hard time getting eggs. He isn't sure why.

LoveMy2Kids

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 9:57 pm
Trader Joe's has the large for $1.59. No limit last I checked.

livinginisrael

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:32 pm
I bought today for 3.69
in brookln
I aslso saw potatoes at 6$ a bag. insane

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hello!!!! just came home from the grocery bought 1 dz eggs cost $3.69 wow register said is because of corona can anyone explain why??????

I beat you. The grocery on my corner is charging $4 and they’re not even extra large eggs! I’d report him if he wasn’t a Jew, I was told someone got a fine of $90,000 for price gouging! I’m so angry. They have no right to take advantage of us at a time like this!

keym

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:43 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I beat you. The grocery on my corner is charging $4 and they’re not even extra large eggs! I’d report him is he wasn’t a Jew, I was told someone got a fine of $90,000 for price gouging! I’m so angry. They have no right to take advantage of us at a time like this!

I don't think it's price gouging.
In Lakewood, NPGS said they'll try to keep it under $3/dozen for the first 6-8doz per customer.
Other grocery stores here are charging between $3.59 and $3.89.

singleagain

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:52 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I beat you. The grocery on my corner is charging $4 and they’re not even extra large eggs! I’d report him if he wasn’t a Jew, I was told someone got a fine of $90,000 for price gouging! I’m so angry. They have no right to take advantage of us at a time like this!

The suppliers are charging the stores more. We still have to make something of a profit. The price went up more than 30 dollars a case.

sky

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:06 pm
livinginisrael wrote:
I bought today for 3.69
in brookln
I aslso saw potatoes at 6$ a bag. insane

I heard from a store owner the price of potatoes should be going down next week. This week it was very high. I hope so. (Gg had $40 a case but hopefully will go down)

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:06 pm
lakewood
bingo today was$2.99 up from2.79 on sunday
gourmet glatt 2.29 limit 12
wholesale by order online eggs 30dz $80 (2.66/ dz)

samantha87

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:26 pm
Why are prices going up so much? The chickens are still laying and the process is mostly mechanized without alot of people involved.

Anyway, Shoprite in NJ has them at $2/dozen, in 12, 18, and 30 egg packages, limit two packages.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:07 am
I'm buying eggs $7/ dozen from a farm. Cage free and organic - I figure at this time we should have the best nutrition we can afford to stay healthy - plus I don't have to walk into a store.

Someone told me the eggs are low inventory because they are being used in development of corona vaccine. This has to be some kind of urban legend. I know eggs are a vaccine ingredient - but how many can they need just for development and testing?

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:29 am
Prices are going up due to a demand hike.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 9:56 am
trade joes has them cheap two stores closed in nyc because employees had carona they also have senior hours
sams club has them cheap

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:47 am
price gouging is illegal ... I called 311 to complain that the eggs that were 2 dz for $5 last week are one dz for $5.99 !!!

there is absolutely no reason that a main staple [especially to poorer humans] have to go exponentially that high ~ the truckers are working, the farmers are working, unless the chickens are on strike ...

especially when the normative is for them to go down around passover/easter season

mamma llama

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:59 am
greenfire wrote:

~ the truckers are working, the farmers are working, unless the chickens are on strike ...

I have some bad news...

sky

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:50 pm
Egg prices are being blamed on panic shopping.
https://whdh.com/news/egg-pric.....ping/

imasoftov

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:54 pm
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen