Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Minor surgery
1  2  Next

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 11:17 am
I'm getting surgery on Tuesday 29 morning, for wisdom teeth.

Ruchel bas Miriam Sheindel

I appreciate all prayers and good thoughts!!

sarahnurit

Post Sat, Jan 26 2008, 6:16 pm
I"ll have you in mind!!!
Everything will go smoothly and you will feel better soon!!!

greenfire

Post Sat, Jan 26 2008, 8:25 pm
you'll be okay ... get a lot of soft foods ... good luck!!!

Tehilla

Post Sat, Jan 26 2008, 8:27 pm
I had that done...two one week, and two the next. you'll be fine Be'H! will bli neder daven...but just in case, I'll give you a bracha now for a quick and easy refuah sheleima.

technic

Post Sat, Jan 26 2008, 8:29 pm
refuah shlaima...

NotInNJMommy

Post Sat, Jan 26 2008, 8:31 pm
refuah shleimah! Hope they give you lots of nice drugs that make you feel good.. Smile (that was my favorite part of it!)

downsyndrome

Post Sat, Jan 26 2008, 8:39 pm
Ruchel, it's not so minor. Get ready to be sick and get ready that people will ask you whether you are having shalom bayis problems cuz you might look like somebody punched you in the eye!!!
When I had mine pulled my upper cheek turned colors from shades of yellow/green to hues of purple and blue.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sat, Jan 26 2008, 8:42 pm
It can also be not sooo bad. depends on your situation and how you deal with the procedure/drugs, etc.

I was sooo "tipsy" after I woke up and went home. They also gave me awesome pain meds. So, for some people it can get bad and others not so much.

Have plans for help if c"vs it's bad, and don't be a self fulfilling prophecy bc it might just a few days of rest and you'll be fine.

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 3:03 am
Ruchel refua sheleima.. you'll be ok..

I had it done about 2 months ago or so... I thought it was going to be really bad.. in theend it wasn't as bad as I thought.. though I did need to rest.

when I had teeth puuledin london years back that was far worse...

njmommy why did yo do it under general anesthesi??

loveit

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 3:41 am
I also had it done under general anasthesia, I was nervous but it ended up fine. Just sleep a lot and eat soup, anything else can get stuck in the cavities left from surgery. I was in college when mine were pulled and I wasn't so smart about the food after because I ate caramels and sushi, both really bad ideas!!! After a couple of days you'll most likely feel fine.

I wish you a refuah shleima, that it should all go well, and your recovery is an easy one!

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 7:48 am
The doc advised a general anaesthesia so I can get rid off the 4 at the same time too...

down I so hope people won't think dh hit me... some already associate hair covering with submission, it would just encourage them...

thanks ladies for the support!!

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 9:38 am
Ruchel wrote:
The doc advised a general anaesthesia so I can get rid off the 4 at the same time too...

down I so hope people won't think dh hit me... some already associate hair covering with submission, it would just encourage them...

thanks ladies for the support!!

why general??

keep this possuk in mind it really helped me before surgery.

לא ישא גוי אל גוי חרב לא ילמדו עוד מלחמה

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 12:37 pm
they don't do local for 4 teeth, apparently

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 12:52 pm
in france?? gosh not in israel... actually you remind me years ago in london teh wanted to do general on me for 2 regular.. I told them no way...

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 3:04 pm
that was the first option they gave me and I said "sure!"....I did not want to be thinking about what they were doing and propping my mouth open....

I loved my natural labor, but anything else involving blood: knock me out!

greenfire

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 3:08 pm
they don't do local here for 4 teeth either ...

sarahd

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 3:39 pm
Good luck! Don't be a hero and take all the pain medication you can get. Smile

peach

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 4:49 pm
Hope it goes well and you have an easy recovery!

downsyndrome

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 9:36 pm
Why are they doing all 4 at once? They have to take the recuperation into consideration, not only the actual surgery! With all 4 coming out at once, you are in such pain in every single corner of your mouth! I had them done per 2's and I still got general anesthesia (it's really not general anesthesia; it's laughing gas). In addition, not everybody can handle pain killers; I can't. I vomit like crazy and pass out, so I just have to resort to X-Strength Tylenol, but that wouldn't be strong enough for all 4 corners to be sore simultaneously.

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Jan 28 2008, 5:44 am
I was given laughing gaz.. it makes yo ufeela drop heavy... actually I can't deal with any dental work without it.. but birth I can go natural...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed