Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Ribs and chest hurt to the touch?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:55 am
Is this a symptom anyone experienced?

crust

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:56 am
Call your doctor. Please.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:59 am
crust wrote:
Call your doctor. Please.

No fever Bh, but feels like black and blue when I touch

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 7:43 am
Call. Your. Doctor!

If you haven't been coughing a lot, and can't explain why you have pain, then you definitely need to call.

There's a type of inflammation of the ribs, I can't remember the name of it though. Try heating pads and Tylenol. Don't take anti inflammatory medication unless you get a go ahead from your doctor.

ETA: Found it. https://www.webmd.com/pain-man.....tis#1 Cause is most often viral, treatment is home remedies and rest. It resolves on it's own with time.

Rappel

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 7:46 am
Yeah... When I had viral meningitis. Hurt to laugh or breathe too deeply too. Probably worth checking out.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 1:38 pm
Really weird, I have that too! woke up in the middle of the night with a pain in my chest, hurts a bit to inhale, and not having any other symptoms..wasnt sure if I should bother my dr I feel like its just musculoskeletal

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 3:26 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Really weird, I have that too! woke up in the middle of the night with a pain in my chest, hurts a bit to inhale, and not having any other symptoms..wasnt sure if I should bother my dr I feel like its just musculoskeletal

My friend who has corona now said she had random chest pains and a few days later the fever came

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 3:29 pm
I have this. I thought it’s Corona and still think it is. I went to the doctor yesterday and he diagnosed me with Costochondritis. He said that I don’t have the regular symptoms of Covid19 such as fever and cough , so he doesn’t think I need to get tested.
Meanwhile two of my teens have Covid19 symptoms now . So I believe I have it too and that maybe this Costochondritis is actually a result of the Covid. It also can come from coughing hard or emotional stress.
It’s my main symptom and it’s very painful. It feels better when I sleep, though.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:04 pm
Yes. Rib pain together with eye pain, back pain and joint pain. No fever, no cough or any other symptoms. I tested positive.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 6:43 pm
Yes I also have rib / chest pain, a mild cough, and had low grade fever on and off.
I didnt get tested, theyre not testing ppl who dont have shortness of breath.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics