Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Too many emails
Previous  1  2

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 9:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No. He gets all the same email as me.

The bottom line is that I just find it interesting how suddenly some people have so much time on their hands while others suddenly are overwhelmed.
For example I was listening to a shiur on Torah anytime today (while folding laundry) and the person was saying, "Usually we have to race through learning the haggada, but now we have plenty of time, so we will learn the haggada in depth. " And I couldn't help but think -Speak for yourslef! This Maggid shiur is usually a menahel in a yeshiva, so of course he has nothing to do now (I assume all kids are married), so he has plenty of time to sit and learn the haggadah. But don't assume the same for everyone else!

I totally relate to you OP. I am drowning in emails - besides those from my kids' schools I am swamped with email from the school where I teach and from my students. And all the other types of emails people have mentioned on this thread.

And I also feel totally overwhelmed and am having a hard time wrapping my head around the emails etc that talk about how everyone has so much more free time now.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:54 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Yes! I feel exactly the same way! Every time I get some inspirational video/conference call link, I think, It's great that empty nesters have something to do, but I'm busy with the kids all day long! And the multiple e-mails from the schools are driving me nuts. So many of them need to be printed (so the kids have the right number for the conference call--oops, they just changed it and sent a new e-mail) that I'm honestly more concerned about running out of printer paper than toilet paper! And while many of the e-mails are just informational ("We will send you tomorrow's schedule later this evening") some are important and timely (like the one about my HS daughter's conference call class taking place in 8 minutes). Arghhh!

Why is a high school sending the mother the email. My dd in high school gets her own scedule and takes care of it. the younger kids are my responsibilty.
In Israel the kids older then 12-13 are in charge of what thry have to do.

flmommy

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:27 am
In US at least at my kids HS emails go to both the child and parent.

Moonlight

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:31 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
I have the same, OP, plus dh helpfully likes to forward me any email he thinks I should know about (even though we're on the same mailing lists) so my inbox looks like this:

TONIGHT! Divrei Chizuk in Trying Times
FWD: TONIGHT! Divrei Chizuk in Trying Times

Important info about lunch pickup
FWD: Important info about lunch pickup

Correction: NEW lunch pickup info
FWD: Correction: NEW lunch pickup info

All. Day. Long.

Same here!
Every time I look at my phone, I have 100+ WhatsApp messages. When I check my email, it's another 30. I cant take it. I'm ignoring most. Also, I turned off auto download in WhatsApp because I was getting the same stupid video 5 times from dif groups. 4 of them from groups that usually are strictly foe dedicated purpose, eg chessed or babysitter finder, but the admins are being lax because of stressful times
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics