Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Lipa concert
1  2  3  4  5  Next

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 1:43 pm
anyone going? Very Happy

dewyt

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 1:47 pm
I am

muss

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 1:49 pm
When and where is it and how much does it cost?

Beauty and the Beast

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 1:51 pm
when I saw the ad, and it said where will u be on maarch 9? I thought to myself and said, well, I think the hospital, iyh!!
what a shame, I would have loooved to go!!

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 2:26 pm
www.nybigevent.com

amother

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 10:58 pm
waste of time...

timeout

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 5:01 pm
that's rude but not surprising coming from Amother Exploding anger

roza

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 2:51 am
did you see this BIG ban for the BIG event?

http://www.vosizneias.com/uplo.....3.jpg

Imaonwheels

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 9:01 am
Read it. See if your rav or Rebbe is there and if not enjoy.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 9:02 am
roza wrote:
did you see this BIG ban for the BIG event?

http://www.vosizneias.com/uplo.....3.jpg

Can somebody translate or give me the gist?

Maya

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 9:11 am
I don't either understand what it says, but I know one thing. Many times, and I've heard this from first-hand experience, these Rabbanim don't even know that their signature is on the issur. Whoever types up these things just copies and pastes the names from another paper, and make it seem like a signature from a Rav.

timeout

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 10:17 am
There was a ban on the Kineret concert too.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 11:14 am
Maya wrote:
I don't either understand what it says, but I know one thing. Many times, and I've heard this from first-hand experience, these Rabbanim don't even know that their signature is on the issur. Whoever types up these things just copies and pastes the names from another paper, and make it seem like a signature from a Rav.

Oh, so a pashkeville without signatures is not worth anything. ok, fine. But a kol korei with a long list of signatures from choshuve rabanim (from the most chaseedish to the most litvish) is not EITHER worth anything?! If you dont want to listen you dont have to, but dont go justifying yourself by saying its probably a false list.
There is good reason for this issur. Lipa is wild, and creates a wild atmosphere. Not at all with a yiddishe taam.

timeout

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 11:24 am
I see only if you're anonomys u can speak with a yiddishe tam Exploding anger

MrsLeo

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 1:14 pm
I'm going with dh to the concert.

timeout

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 1:16 pm
I'm probably sending DH with DS since I can't sit with them I don't want to go Sad

First Lady

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 1:21 pm
amother wrote:
Maya wrote:

Oh, so a pashkeville without signatures is not worth anything. ok, fine. But a kol korei with a long list of signatures from choshuve rabanim (from the most chaseedish to the most litvish) is not EITHER worth anything?! If you dont want to listen you dont have to, but dont go justifying yourself by saying its probably a false list.
There is good reason for this issur. Lipa is wild, and creates a wild atmosphere. Not at all with a yiddishe taam.

Amother, I agree with Maya and rightly so. Maybe this kol korei is authentic, and maybe it's not. With all the Kol Koreis coming out and half of them signed by Rabbonim without their permission or even knowing about it, how are we supposed to know which ones are authentic and which ones not? Those that create un-authentic ones are greatly decreasing the impact of the authentic ones. I can't help that I am very leery of Kol Koreis and Pashkevilles nowadays because many of them are Stupid, Senseless and Crazy and it puts you on the defensive when you even just see a Kol Korei, without even looking at its contents and signatures.
I could imagine that Lipa's concert has an authentic Kol Korei because I understand the reason for it. However not everyone agrees with my reasoning and to them a Kol Korei has been cheapened by the false Kol Koreis and I can see why they are questioning any Kol Korei.

Imaonwheels

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 1:34 pm
If you read Hebrew you will see that in the 1st paragraph it says "rabbanim from here and America" as if it was put out by Israeli rabbonim but all of the rabbonim listed are Anerican. This has lead to speculation of a photo shop job of pasting signatures on an Israeli pashkeville. Ask your own LOR ladies and don't make an issue of it. I do not ask shaylas of the greatest gadol in things like this, I ask my own LOR.

Imaonwheels

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 2:00 pm
In 1980 something the Chofetz Chaim and the Chazon Ish signed a flyer to vote Aguda 8)

shalhevet

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 2:24 pm
I agree with imaonwheels. It's all very convenient for those who don't want to hear that they can't do what they want and decide the kol korei is a fake.
So anyone who is interested in going can call up their own rav/rebbe and ask what they say. I am very interested in seeing the answers here (even without the names of the specific rabbonim). I am sure that anyone who is thinking of going will ask their rav first, so please report back here.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics