Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Lipa concert
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sat, Feb 23 2008, 11:03 pm
it sounds like it probably was a flyer produced in Israel addressing a concert being held there and the flyer was "reproduced" to address Lipa's concert

FINKEL

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 12:04 am
I just finished listening to the Dov Hikind show
he is kind of mocking the whole thing
and he also says its basicly sold out
is that true?

Squash

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 12:16 am
dunno, but would be easy to believe.

multi colored

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 12:20 am
sorry ladies, but NY Big Event was cancelled.

FINKEL

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 12:38 am
and where did you hear this piece of ( fabricated ) information?
I am listening to the Zev Brenner show
and they just said , it has not been cancelled

Squash

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 12:55 am
our guest at the seuda today also claimed it was canceled. we were like, there is no way. I totally don't go for these things, but still.

FINKEL

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 1:13 am
lipas sister was on the radio now
and she said most likely it is cancelled....

amother

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 1:13 am
Lipa doesnt attend the HASC concerts because the skverrer rebbe doesnt let him.

Squash

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 1:21 am
FINKEL wrote:
lipas sister was on the radio now
and she said most likely it is cancelled....

whhhhhhhoooooooa

if this is true, it will be MAJOR!!!!!!

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 1:34 am
what a pity that pinkt tonight I wasnt listening to the radio.

I'm puzzled why this concert would be banned, if it's separate seating? why wasnt the lipa experience last year banned?

I have a feeling it was the wild videos that may have caused the ban. But it's still surprising.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 1:37 am
Theyre still talking about it on 570 am, if you wanna listen now.

Squash

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 1:58 am
here's the gist of what sheya mendlowitz (producer of the show) said (is saying right now):

basically, like what happens in so many cases some "kanoim" went to rabbonim and got them all riled up about the shtus and hefkerus that will go on at the concert (according to them).

in reality, this was going to be THE concert where they were planning to change the face of jewish music. Lipa has decided, way before this controversy to stop singing songs with non jewish origins.

they were going to have only separate seating.
no intermission so as not to have mingling.
etc etc many precautions to make this a concert that is totally ok.

Right now it seems that they will try to work this out with the rabbonim so that they can resolve this in a sholomdig way.

I must say kudos to sheya mendlowitz for the way he is speaking.

he is BEGGING everyone not to talk against rabbonim. NOT to make this a split in klal yisroel. He is trying to explain that the rabbonim are completely sincere in giving hadrocha to klal yisroel. They were approached by people who were giving them THEIR view of things without ever approaching anyone connected with the show to voice their concerns.

He is saying that lipa is a genuinely good person who has made mistakes and was just now planning to change the way her performs.

I guess anyone else who wants to add whatever I forgot, go ahead.

I must say again that I am very impressed with the way sheya mendlowitz is speaking so respectfullly of rabbonim and understanding that this is basically one big misunderstanding and will iy"H be worked out respectfully and without chutzpa and b'sholom.

"I would like to keep it 100% kosher and loshon hora free" quote from sheya mendlowitz.

Maya

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 2:04 am
The only problem is that the ones instigating this controversy are not the ones who listen to the radio, and are not interested in what Sheya Mendlowitz has to say. If they agree to do it in a sholomdig way, then the entire thing loses its fun. What's the good in that?

Squash

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 2:08 am
listen, it's admirable of sheya to explain to the pple who got upset at the rabbonim for assuring e/th. his point: understand that it's not the way it seems.

Squash

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 2:09 am
and I don't want to get myself into trouble here, but more times than not this is what happens with issurim when they come out. or certain rebbes requiring certain types of dress, etc. I KNOW about this. Rabbonim are often MISLED, yes MISLED into signing stuff.

okay, ready for the onslaught. ducking, ducking.......

Last edited by Squash on Sun, Feb 24 2008, 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 2:09 am
sheya's broadcast is meant to reach the people who already have tickets to the concert and want to know if it's been cnaceled or not, who want to know what's going on. he's not trying ot reach the people who instigated it.

He spkoe very well, very eloquently fo rsomeone who had to come up with a whole speech off the cuff without going into real details.

I feel so bad for him and the rest of teh producers of this concert. it's so kosher, what could they want of him? how is this less kosher than hasc or miami boys choir? it's sep seating, mechitzah, no intermission... there are ppl out to get lipa.

Squash

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 2:13 am
what sheya just did, and you could hear the tension in his voice, he stands to lose a lot of money and gain a ton of headaches.

what sheya just did was a big KIDDUSH HASHEM!!!!!

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 2:16 am
Sheya Mendlowitz very eloquently explained that the people who went to the rabbonim completely villified Lipa & portrayed the concert to the rabbonim very negatively. Other rabbonim even thought they wre signing a general ban on wild music. NO ONE called ANYONE involved in the concert to even tell them they had a problem - it was just a big fat ban. As of now, the concert is NOT canceled, Shloime Gertner has NOT backed out, and Sheya will be in touch with the rabbonim who signed the ban to explain the real truth, and he asks everyone not to talk on the rabbonim nor on the ppl involved in the concert, and IYH if the R.S.O. wills it, the show will go on, and if He doesn't, it won't. Very very well spoken - I feel so bad for them, there are people OUT TO GET LIPA, they have been harrassing him for weeks. Whtever, it was very interesting, pity I wasnt listening from 11 pm onwards. Anyone who heard mroe than that, please tell us.

Maya

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 2:20 am
Squash wrote:
and I don't want to get myself into trouble here, but more times than not this is what happens with issurim when they come out. or certain rebbes requiring certain types of dress, etc. I KNOW about this. Rabbonim are often MISLED, yes MISLED into signing stuff.

okay, ready for the onslaught. ducking, ducking.......

No, you are 100% right. My mom always repeats the joke of a Rav who was asked to speak out against men wearing bow ties, which was the latest fashion in that city. When the Rav did speak about it, he heard the bachurim snickering, because he himself was also wearing one. So many times the Rabbanim have no idea what they are signing. Even if they do, they are often given false information.

FINKEL

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 2:49 am
I also heard what Shiyah M. said
only thing what I was wondering about is if this concert was gonna be a debut of his new singing style why did he make the ad to the concert on their website so so crazy? my 8 year old son asked me if I am going to the concert so I said I want to go and he saw the clip with me and he asked me why would you go to a place were a person " vus macht sich asoi narish " is singing !!!
this coming from an 8 year old
so if LIpa wanted to make a new good impression why are the advertisment clips so wild
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics