Home

Mikvah turned someone away
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic       Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Aqua
 

Post  Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:01 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I'd actually love to know which Mikvah you directed her to that is still taking NY'ers so that if I ever do find myself in FL after this crisis I can know to go and patronize that Mikvah and not yours.


You know, you've been going on and on about the nasty posts directed at people from NY. And truly, the only nasty posts are coming from you.

Oh, and I think it's clear that no one in FL right now is prioritizing financial gains. We are prioritizing human life. Really, the threat of losing your business is not going to make us change our minds about that.
Back to top

amother




Cerise
 

Post  Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:01 pm
Pretty much everywhere.
Plan to pack your own and cook, basically.
As I said before, I look forward to my next trip to FL where I will happily spend my hard earned $ at establishments I trust and respect, who value human life over the almighty dollar.
Back to top

amother




Slategray
 

Post  Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:02 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
If you had mentioned this in your OP you would have gotten more validating responses. Until reading this post I though of you as a mean angry ML. This changed the story. Please give whole stories when posting warning scary posts.


Yes my thoughts exactly.
I was trying to figure out who you were lol and if I read correctly the wife of a rav.
Sorry didn’t come out nicely at all

Thanks for adding that very important price of information that really changed the story.
Back to top

amother




Papaya
 

Post  Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:03 pm
.
Back to top

amother




Aqua
 

Post  Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:03 pm
I mean, given that the government here is asking everyone from the tri state area to quarantine for 14 days if they come to FL, I would assume you don't want to patronize the state at all.
Back to top

amother




Papaya
 

Post  Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:05 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Sure they do. The same way that I then have a right to not patronize stores and restaurants in said community if that community decides that "their" Jews are more worthy than Jews from different states.


You are a chassid shoita and idi....(you can finish the word yourself.) No one is above the law or holier than though. This is a pikuach nefesh situation and we're each responsible to do our part in keeping the community safe.
What will it take for you to realize how serious and dire the situation is?
Back to top

crust




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Op here
The Lady wasn’t physically in the Mikvah
She called to ask what time the mikvah was open
I asked her a few questions according to what the Rabbis of this town told me to do
I informed her that the rabbis are not allowing anyone out of town to dip in our Mikvah.
I then directed her where to go.

Our mikvah is very small
On a regular night we may have 5-6 ladies, some days 3, some days 0
During tourist season 15-20 (3x as much)

Our guidelines now does not let more than the Mikvah Lady and the person dipping to be in the building. Ladies need to wait in their cars, call and wait. We have very specific protocols in place. No prepping in the Mikvah AT ALL


I'm sorry you have to be in such a horrible place to deal with this.

I'm really concerned for the elderly people in your community. Please watch out on them.

I wish USA would close down borders 6 weeks ago. Sigh.
Back to top

amother




Forestgreen
 

Post  Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:11 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
You are a chassid shoita and idi....(you can finish the word yourself.) No one is above the law or holier than though. This is a pikuach nefesh situation and we're each responsible to do our part in keeping the community safe.
What will it take for you to realize how serious and dire the situation is?


I saw before you deleted your comment that you finished the word for me so I don't have to finish it myself.
I'm not putting anyone at risk. I haven't travelled anywhere and don't plan to. I certainly don't plan to go to Florida. I've been social distancing and not going out the same as many other people.

I'm still entitled to an opinion about what the FL community is doing and how they're tabooing an entire population of Jews. Or has the coronavirus taken my right to an opinion away too?
Back to top

amother




Papaya
 

Post  Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:14 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I saw before you deleted your comment that you finished the word for me so I don't have to finish it myself.
I'm not putting anyone at risk. I haven't travelled anywhere and don't plan to. I certainly don't plan to go to Florida. I've been social distancing and not going out the same as many other people.

I'm still entitled to an opinion about what the FL community is doing and how they're tabooing an entire population of Jews. Or has the coronavirus taken my right to an opinion away too?


So you don't even live in Florida? And you're just spewing dirt on a community that is trying to protect their vulnerable members?? HOW DARE YOU!
I does not look like you understand how serious the situation is.
Back to top

amother




Purple
 

Post  Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:14 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Yes my thoughts exactly.
I was trying to figure out who you were lol and if I read correctly the wife of a rav.
Sorry didn’t come out nicely at all

Thanks for adding that very important peice of information that really changed the story.

I don't know why I was visualizing a lost OOT women in an unfamiliar town for some serious reason because in all honesty, there IS a quarantine in effect and yet she gathers all her courage, drives up to the mikvah only to be turned away. OP, I wanted to slap you in the face through my screen and that poor woman, why didn't you call ahead in these tumultuous times to check it out?
Back to top

crust




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:16 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
See Shulchan Aruch Orach Chaim 240:13 where the Rema, citing the Yerushalmi, paskens:
והוא הדין בשאר צרות שהם כרעבון

In English, other tzaros have the same halachic status in this regard as a famine.


Ok. I hear. I would want to hear from a respected Posek that this is the Chovas Ha'shah for the current situation.

Please everyone.
As long as a Rav that you trust doesn't come out with a psak on this, please continue doing what you are doing.
Back to top

amother




Papaya
 

Post  Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:18 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
I don't know why I was visualizing a lost OOT women in an unfamiliar town for some serious reason because in all honesty, there IS a quarantine in effect and yet she gathers all her courage, drives up to the mikvah only to be turned away. OP, I wanted to slap you in the face through my screen and that poor woman, why didn't you call ahead in these tumultuous times to check it out?


Why does OP deserved to be slapped across the face for following daas torah and doing her part in protecting their community?
Back to top

amother




Forestgreen
 

Post  Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:18 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
So you don't even live in Florida? And you're just spewing dirt on a community that is trying to protect their vulnerable members?? HOW DARE YOU!
I does not look like you understand how serious the situation is.


I'm not spewing dirt. I'm expressing my opinion. Of course since you disagree with me, you'd characterize it as spewing dirt
Back to top

amother




Cerise
 

Post  Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:18 pm
Ok, I get it. This is one of those threads where one person deliberately enjoys playing devils advocate and ruffling feathers. It still provided a public service so people know not to travel to Florida if they were possibly still contemplating it. So not entirely pointless.
Back to top

amother




Purple
 

Post  Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:20 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Why does OP deserved to be slapped across the face for following daas torah and doing her part in protecting their community?


Because it takes heartlessness to turn away a woman already physically at a mikvah, unless said woman is cocking a weapon.
Back to top

amother




Purple
 

Post  Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:22 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Ok, I get it. This is one of those threads where one person deliberately enjoys playing devils advocate and ruffling feathers. It still provided a public service so people know not to travel to Florida if they were possibly still contemplating it. So not entirely pointless.


And it is also one of those thread where an OP writes a dramatic post leaving (intentionally or unintentionally) out crucial information.
Back to top

amother




Papaya
 

Post  Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:23 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Because it takes heartlessness to turn away a woman already physically at a mikvah, unless said woman is cocking a weapon.


READ the posts, would you? OP said that the women CALLED and she directed her to a different mikva that will take her. But even if the women would actually be at the mikva, OP did the right thing. She followed daas torah. And the women did a selfish thing and went against the law and guidelines.
Back to top

amother




Orchid
 

Post  Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:23 pm
crust wrote:
Ok. I hear. I would want to hear from a respected Posek that this is the Chovas Ha'shah for the current situation.

Please everyone.
As long as a Rav that you trust doesn't come out with a psak on this, please continue doing what you are doing.


Exactly!!
Back to top

amother




Forestgreen
 

Post  Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:25 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Ok, I get it. This is one of those threads where one person deliberately enjoys playing devils advocate and ruffling feathers. It still provided a public service so people know not to travel to Florida if they were possibly still contemplating it. So not entirely pointless.


Assuming you're referring to me, I'm not playing devils advocate. I'm genuinely curious if OP and the FL community will turn hungry people away from grocery stores and desperate people away from Mikvah's when it is their own people getting sick, and not just some Jews they don't care about from somewhere else?
Back to top

amother




Dodgerblue
 

Post  Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:25 pm
Simple1 wrote:
By that logic, the NY and NJ mikvas should be closed. I thought mikvas were said to be safe.

I know it's annoying that some people didn't obey the warnings, but I'm wondering if it's halachically allowed, after the fact, to stop someone from a mitzvah. Maybe a much higher fee for NYers as a deterrent?


I didn't read all the responses and I don't know which mikvah the OP works at but I live in South FL and I can tell you these rules are coming stright from our rabbonim. Mikvah ladies are not making up rules. Shul presidents are not making up rules. This is the ruling of our rabbis with the guidance of the medical world and the guidance of das Torah. This is pekuach nefesh! Very very strict rules have been put in place. A higher fee? Not even on the table.
Back to top
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 8 of 10 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic       Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Time sensitive: iso Mikvah prep room in Catskills
by amother
20 Yesterday at 8:54 pm View last post
Baby gift for someone in Israel - today 10 Wed, Jul 01 2020, 2:27 pm View last post
Can someone please explain this to me
by amother
0 Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:16 am View last post
Do you know someone living named Elazar?
by amother
33 Sun, Jun 21 2020, 9:58 am View last post
by ROFL
Can someone please help me understand
by amother
33 Thu, Jun 18 2020, 1:12 am View last post

Jump to: