Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
What will it take?
Previous  1  2

Mevater

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 11:07 am
This is the most meaningful Whatsapp post I got recently. I was thinking it may give others a positive spin on the Coronavirus.

(Tip: Read lower case first )

A Tale of Two Pesachs

I gotta go shopping 🛍
I DO NOT CARE
For my wardrobe this spring
WHAT I WEAR
I must go on a fashion fling!!
THERES NOONE TO STARE
And my every darling child
I’M NOT GOING ANYWHERE
Must be perfectly styled
KIDS! YOU CAN PICK YOUR OWN CLOTHES
from their head to their toes
NOONE OUT THERE KNOWS!!!
With matching socks and bows
I’LL WEAR A SNOOD, I’ll BE IN A GOOD MOOD
My wigs must be stunning!(for my husband for sure!)
HUBBY IS HAPPY,WHEN IM NOT SNAPPY
My intentions are holy and pure
NO MANI- HURRAY! I CAN USE MY NAILS
Gotta schedule my gels for the holiday
I CAN CLEAN WHEN MARIA FAILS
Choosing a color is stressful today!
WE’LL EAT CHICKEN AND POTATOES
gotta finalize my massive menu!
I WILL NOT BE PEELING TOMATOES
Gotta make Pesach tiramisu
MY KIDS WILL BE FINE AND FED
Desserts are so key
MATZO IS FILLING -MORE THAN BREAD
Especially when we’re hungry
NO FANCY RECIPES THIS YEAR
I need new ideas to make
I’M FEELING DIFFERENT HERE
Interesting stuff to bake
LESS STRESS EVEN IN THE MESS
Pesach! So much to do!!
I CAN FOCUS ON THE NESS
Lkovod Yom Tov! It’s true!
NOW I KNOW WHO I CAN BE
I’m worn out from all this each day
WHEN THERES ONLY HASHEM AND MY FAMILY
But I cannot make Yom Tov any other way!
MAY WE BE ZOCHE TO THE YESHUA
AND WE WILL EXPERIENCE THE GEULA !!!

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 11:11 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
My mom is a super-narcissist.
She doesn't care that even though she probably is infected, she will infect others. Her running line is "I feel fine! So what if I cant smell anything? So what if my throat hurts? I'm young. I'll live." And hops on down to the grocery store.
Sad
Dunno what it'll take with her.

Xh narc is the exact same! And he insists that DC must continue to visit. He is hinting that I'll suffer soon from the case he'll build up against me, but I NOT risking, for the time being DC calls instead of going over for his visit.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 11:15 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Oh this high-rise-super people. Great that you are all staying home and eating crackers and eggs. Still doesn't entitle you to mock those that don't. Unless there isn't a total shutdown, there's a reason some people are still moving around. You know nothing about others and their situations. Regardless of how many threads discuss this, get off your high horses and begin to understand others.

BTW, there's a difference between travelling to the Sunshine State for a "nicer" Pesach and young couples eating at their young parents. Just putting it out there.

STAY HOME!!!!! do you need the government to mandate you to stay in your house with the army in the streets to take in seriously really !!!!!!!! DRs are begging people to stay home its not easy its not fun there are many people who are alone!!! people who do get together are selfish you want to go to your parents then isolate there. yes we need to shop try making as few trips as possible but that doesn't mean why should go out to outer people

ora_43

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:01 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
BTW, there's a difference between travelling to the Sunshine State for a "nicer" Pesach and young couples eating at their young parents. Just putting it out there.

Yeah, the first group will kill elderly people in Florida, and the second will kill elderly people in New York.

Please please please listen to what doctors and nurses are saying. In New York and everywhere else. Doctors in Spain and Italy are being forced to let people die because there aren't enough ventilators. New York state is short by 30,000 ventilators.

If a 22-year-old passes the virus to her 45-year-old mother, there is a 20-30% chance her mother will end up in the hospital. That means a 20-30% chance her mother will need resources that are desperately needed to save other patients.

And remember, the "low" mortality rate of 0.2% for that age group is only with appropriate medical treatment. If the young mother chv"s isn't able to get a ventilator if she needs one, her odds are much, much worse than that.

I know it is hard, and I'm not saying that young people who want to spend the chag with their parents are being evil or selfish or anything like that. But they need to take the time to really understand how this virus works, and what's going on in NYC hospitals, and to listen to all the experts begging people to STAY HOME.

ora_43

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:09 pm
Iy"H we'll all get through this and have many more chagim to spend with family. But right now we only have this one chance to save the however many thousands of people who will (or could) be very ill in the next few weeks. It could be any one of us or any of our relatives.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:58 pm
Does it matter where I live re social distancing? City versus suburbs versus boondocks?

jewwoman

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:39 pm
Just want to add that I'm not considering my self holier than thou. Its a struggle for everyone but the quicker we listen to instructions and stay home the quicker (we hope and pray) it will be over. So no, im not on my high horse. Im pretty concerned and usually a non conformist but this time I am doing my bit by staying inside.
Where I live new ppl are getting sick daily and plenty deaths too.
Everyone needs to do their bit for once and help the world get better and not feel like they are above everyone and can go around potentially spreading germs all over.
Rant over!

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:46 pm
Are there any frum communities in the USA with little or no Coronavirus cases?

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:47 pm
jewwoman wrote:
Just want to add that I'm not considering my self holier than thou. Its a struggle for everyone but the quicker we listen to instructions and stay home the quicker (we hope and pray) it will be over. So no, im not on my high horse. Im pretty concerned and usually a non conformist but this time I am doing my bit by staying inside.
Where I live new ppl are getting sick daily and plenty deaths too.
Everyone needs to do their bit for once and help the world get better and not feel like they are above everyone and can go around potentially spreading germs all over.
Rant over!

I feel like we are talking to a wall. Those that listen have already listened. And those who take it lightly, nothing you tell them will change.

People are considering this a "matter of opinion" and are preaching "live and let live".

I get so aggravated from this topic, I don't even know why I clicked on this thread.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics