Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Parenting with food poisoning?

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:59 am
The good news: my two sweet children are healthy, energetic, and creative people, Bli ayin hara

The bad news: I'm vomiting, shivering, weak, tired, aching belly. No fever. My guess is the chicken I had last night must have been off somehow.

DH is working. I'm miserable. The kids overturned their room at the end yesterday, and there is not a single toy or piece of clothing in order in their room right now. I feel too weak to run this circus.

What do I do?

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 4:08 am
You don't do anything. The circus will go on without you.

Don't try pushing yourself unless there is an actual emergency. Once they've already overturned the house, it can't get much worse, right?

If you can give them screen time (the electronic babysitter) I'd highly recommend that too.

Refuah Sheleimah!

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:32 am
You're right, cobalt. I really can't do anything. I tried, and it was bad. It's very frustrating to feel so weak at this critical juncture.

And you're right, too, that the house is pretty tipped at the moment. Right now they're eating at the table, but otherwise I have them next to me on the bed so I can keep them from doing anything truly dangerous. I've taught them all about bees from a horizontal position this morning, but I'm just about ready to set up screen time. Just so wiped.

Thank you for the Bracha! Amen!

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:35 am
It's pretty terrible, but I kind of wish the kids were sick too, so we could all rest together. DH will be home in a few hours, and then he's not scheduled to work again until Shabbat afternoon, so everything between now and then will fall on him and I'll get to just breathe.

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 10:52 am
The Messiah is here! He's home! I'm saved! I'm going to sleep. I rarely vent on the internet, but what a miserable, long day.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 11:13 am
Rest and enjoy your peace.

The good thing about food poisoning is that it works through the system fairly quickly, and you don't have to spend ages getting over it. But it can be truly miserable at the time.

Refuah Shleimah!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics