Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Have we lost our collective minds?
  Previous  1  2  3  11  12  13

southernbubby

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 1:00 pm
This never happened in my lifetime. I always davened not to be subjected to war but never envisioned a pandemic.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 1:30 pm
southernbubby wrote:
This never happened in my lifetime. I always davened not to be subjected to war but never envisioned a pandemic.

Same!

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 1:32 pm
... I can’t believe this conversation is still taking place so many deaths later and 13 pages long...

SYA

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:01 pm
Crown Heights unfortunately had more then 6 tragedies since Friday.
There are over 200 on respirators in the ICU. Many otherwise healthy people (no medical conditions) are in the hospital.

It's not just the old and those with medical issues that are in ICU. It's young and healthy too. A 37 year old mom, a 39 year old mom, a 22 year old man. These are young and healthy people who caught the virus and are now in the ICU!

asmileaday

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 3:08 pm
And Op has conveniently decided to leave a ridiculous thread she started.
BestBubby this is absolutely worse than the flu. Come on. There's never been this many hospitalized and this many deaths in such a short span. Are you living under a rock?
Hashem Yishmor.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 4:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
All I'm saying is that I think we drastically overreacted to the threat. I could be wrong but I also could be right.
I guess we'll see when the actual death rate, number of dead, what hospital capacity was and whether we truly came close to overwhelming and all the other numbers come out. We'll also see when we see the impact on the economy, how many people lose their jobs, become homeless, depressed and suicidal.

Neither you nor I can possibly know right now whether the actions were taken are insufficient, just right, or an overreaction.

And with that, I'll no longer be commenting.
Lets put it this way OP, look at Italy's numbers and then look at countries where social distancing and lock downs started weeks ago. The numbers are so completely different.
For example in Israel, where we have been in lock down (not fully but mostly) for now starting our 3rd week, we have 15 deaths and over 4k cases. NY, for example, where the lock downs and social distancing started way toooo late, have 965 deaths and almost 60,000 cases of the virus. Italy where it all started way beyond too late have over 10k deaths and almost 100k cases.
Do you not see the difference? Please stop putting your head in the ground. This social distancing is making a difference.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 4:06 pm
asmileaday wrote:
And Op has conveniently decided to leave a ridiculous thread she started.
BestBubby this is absolutely worse than the flu. Come on. There's never been this many hospitalized and this many deaths in such a short span. Are you living under a rock?
Hashem Yishmor.
Im sure she is still reading it, just not answering anymore. I think she thought she would have many more people agree with her, but then when she didnt have that, she turned and got a bit over the top (to put it nicely)
And yes, I think she is living under a rock, while having physicians as parents, as she said (shaking my head and pulling out my hair)

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 4:09 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Im sure she is still reading it, just not answering anymore. I think she thought she would have many more people agree with her, but then when she didnt have that, she turned and got a bit over the top (to put it nicely)
And yes, I think she is living under a rock, while having physicians as parents, as she said (shaking my head and pulling out my hair)

Yeah... if my parents were physicians I’d beg and plead everyone to stay home any not risk their life...

(I’ve been saying a special tefila since this started for my childs team that are out in the trenches...)

dancingqueen

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 5:13 pm
I have a feeling I know which poster op is, and she and BB both follow certain conservative outlets that are pushing this narrative. But it’s just in really bad taste right now when so many Jews (and everyone else too) are in this horrifying scenario. Shut it down please. I’m reporting my own post.
Page 13 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  11  12  13 Recent Topics